Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star). See all 103 reviews
on November 6, 2013
I will admit I didn't finish reading this book. I have read so many self-help books and there was really nothing revolutionary in this one. Others may enjoy it but if you are a self-help aficionado like myself you may find yourself wanting more. I think Chopra has enough money now, I am done supporting him.
on December 26, 2009
Introductory chapter sets up a daring plan for the book: the relatively new field of positive psychology, best known for Lyubomirsky, Diener and Seligman, is presented; but, we are told, this is only the start in the right direction. And he, the author, knows better.
If this was suspiciously (over) ambitious, things were not any better later:

1. There are no references, neither for individual statements nor as general sources (is it possible, that this is only omission for Kindle?).
2. It expects that reader finds concept of Divine self-evident
3. Precision of language is lacking, take for example one of the crucial (as he says) assertions: "In the world of constant change, there is something that doesn't change". He doesn't explain what that would be, and he doesn't prove this.
4. Book has 21 prescriptions, 3 for every of 7 keys. They are very probably useful, but some lack clarity and some have hidden assumptions. Here is quote from first prescription:
"My body is my connection to the universe's infinite supply of energy. If I'm feeling lack of energy in any way, it means that I am resisting flow of this infinite supply. I will ask my body what it needs and will follow its advice."
5. Probably false claim towards the end: "The mathematics of radioactive decay reveals that each of us has at least a million atoms in our bodies that were once in the body of Christ, Buddha, .." First, radioactive decay has nothing to do with recycling of atoms, and second, where's reference or calculations?!

Better to spend money and time with Buddha's Brain or The How of Happiness.
on January 30, 2010
I was a little disappointed in this book, because I found it too deep (if you will). It did not keep my interest and I ended up never finishing it. I had seen the author on the Bonnie Hunt Show and liked what he said, but did not get the same feeling while reading the book.
on January 4, 2010
Personally, I felt thid book to be totally redundant to any other self help book that i have ever read.... i couldnt even make it through the whole book. Not my cup of tea, but you know what they say, different strokes for different folks!