The Ultimate Hits Collection Original recording remastered
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Original recording remastered, July 26, 2011
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Four original recordings from the `80s (#1 country hit "Hurt," and notable pop hits "A Little Love," "Heart of the Night" and "Tell Her No."
2. All ten tracks from the 1998 "The Trouble with Angels" album. However, the mastering here is MUCH richer and textured than the original album because the new mastering took the cold digital edge off the acoustic music. Some tracks are slightly remixed.
3. Four tracks from the 1999 "American Girl" album.
4. One track from last year's endearing "Duets: Friends and Memories" collection.
5. One brand-new track, Newton's 2011 version of The Carpenters' 1978 hit "Sweet Sweet Smile" (which Newton wrote but did not release until now). This track is pretty cool and has a rock groove to it. It's very different from The Carpenters' version.
Most of these recordings are top-notch, with the exception of a rather banal, overly fluffy take on "Loves Been A Little Bit Hard on Me". I am especially fond of "Red-Blooded American Girl," the updated "Break It To me gently" and "Sweet Sweet Smile." However, these are solid recordings with Newton in fine voice throughout.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great album almost every hit I remember and love except one.Published 9 months ago by Rejane Hinkle
It wasn't a remastered version but still has her wonderful voice and lyrics. I was satisfied but alittle disappointed.Published 20 months ago by Gary Updegraff
as always she delivers the juice. fantastic songs and great arrangements..easy to listen to but will not put you to sleepPublished on October 14, 2013 by patsy t
No these are not the hits you remembered so stop posting that crap.
These are all re-recordings so I have to assume you have memory issues. Read more