Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on May 31, 2016
This is a great homeschool planner. I was using a regular daily planner before purchasing this planner. I am able to plan in advance and keep track of all their progress in one place. I love that it has a place to keep track of grades and reading lists. I will be purchasing another one in the future.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 30, 2016
I really am happy with this purchase. I wasn't sure what it had inside and I'm picky. So to help others out I took pictures of what was inside. You do have to date it yourself but I am happy with that since my homeschool days don't match up to July like other books.
22 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
Picking a homeschooling planner for me is like picking a car. I spend SO MUCH time researching and looking. I am an organizer by nature and know that the more organized I am - the more we get done. I homeschool 6 kids and organization is a MUST.

With that said....This planner has its strengths and weaknesses.

The planner has a thicker vinyl type cover on it and is slightly larger. I find it to be sturdier and easier to access the inner pages than other planners I have had.

She includes a users guide in the first few pages. Basically she explains how to come up with a planning system in prioritizing and implementing your courses. She has a yearly planning page, monthly planning page, and a weekly planning page. She shows you how to include breaks, Monday morning tutorials and Friday afternoon reviews.

I did like how she showed different ways to fill in the blank pages in the weekly lesson pages. I am actually filling this planner out differently than I have other planners. Meaning that I plan by the week more than the individual day. I do like the blank pages (no dates or subjects). It's good for me b/c it gives me more flexibility. And I know it is good for the company b/c they don't have to keep printing planners for each new year.

I would like to have more subject areas. I teach more than 6 subjects to my kids and there really is no way to fit all of them easily on these pages. So I am having to get creative. I think narrowing the columns or taking out the notes, supplies and appointment columns would be a good idea. Why couldn't that be on the previous page with the 2 day spread that I describe below?

Before each week there is a 2 day spread of a Bible plan, Battle plan with your fighter verse, Prayers, Hospitality outreach, This week's memorable moments, Achievements, and Evidences of grace.

With that said - you can see it is a Christian based planner - as quite a few are. I am Christian but kind of get tired of having planners with so much Christian themes in them. At the bottom of every other page are the words "Evidence of God's grace, God's mercy, God's faithfulness. God's protections and God"s provision." Just a preference. I do like many of the random quotes from Yeats and Proust that she uses.

At the end of the planner are a few pages to record your kids names and the scores for anything you want to track, 2.5 pages to record reading lists, 2.5 pages for field trips and outside activities, teaching tips, different learning styles, and year in review pages.

All in all - this is probably the best planner I have had and I have had MANY - including those done completely on the computer. I think it is well laid out but would prefer more space to record more subjects and maybe not so much scripture reference. I do highly recommend this.
11 comment| 228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2017
I am loving this planner so far (one month of use). Last year I used "The Well Planned Day" and. while I was able to make it work for me I will never buy it again.

This planner has a sturdy, plastic cover that will stand up to a lot of wear. Both front and back covers have pockets.

This planner is undated. So, it takes a few moments each week to jot down the dates. But, this planner will last longer. If we take a break and I don't use the planner for a bit, I won't have wasted pages.

The column and row heading are blank. So I can fill them in a way that is useful to me.

Each week has a full page spread for planning and recording the joys and struggles of the week.

I'm not crazy about the colors and design but it's okay. I wish publishers knew that just because most homeschooling parents are moms that doesn't mean we all love florals.
on September 21, 2016
I love the availability to plan yearly, monthly and weekly as well as the fact that there are not preset dates (It is not a pre-printed numerical calendar). The lack of preset/pre-printed fields allows me to structure my weeks/lesson plans according to how I see fit as well as not to waste space. One of my favorite parts of this calendar is the Weekly 'Battle Plan', which is greatly needed for someone like myself who needs discipline, structure, goals and prayer to complete tasks for the week. If you like flexibility, yet need structure and love to 'fill in the blanks', this is the planner for you!
on July 19, 2017
I like the new version of this planner. The one I had last year had a cardstock-type cover and very quickly showed wear. The version I purchased this year has a plastic cover and I can see will be much more durable. The book itself has a lot of tips and info for homeschoolers. I wish it had a few additional storage areas as well as maybe a zippered bag to keep items in. Otherwise, a great resource and organizational tool!
on August 25, 2016
This is going to be my first year homeschooling without a video program, so I ordered this planner in the hopes of it helping me be organized. So far, I love the weekly inspiration in gives. It seems like it will work like a charm. From what I can tell, it's seems to be a planner for up to 6 kids, but I could be wrong. It's easy to maneuver through, and practical... giving me hope of an organized year!
on July 23, 2016
Very thorough. I think. This is our first year homeschooling and it is a somewhat daunting task. This book has very clear outlines on how to map out your week, month and year. There are examples on how to fill out plans for each child, including normal family plans and expectations. We have not executed yet but I feel more at ease knowing that we're going into this with goals and an outline.
on May 24, 2012
I have been looking for a planner for a while now but nothing seem to meet all my homeschool needs, or if it did it was limited to one student so I would of had to buy multiple planners. This planner is AWESOME! I love that fact that it pretty much contains all organizing documents that I need plus much more. A plus is that its just so pretty. All the pages are colorful and beautiful. The inside of the cover and back contain a pocket for keeping papers in. Its just perfect. My only complaint is there is what appears to be a attendance sheet near the beginning but the book intends it for another purpose , basically a year at a glance look where you fill in holidays and days off and what not. I like that purpose but also need an attendance record so I'm torn as to what purpose to use it for. It would of been nice to have an actual attendance sheet in the planner. But like I said you could always use the year at a glance for that purpose since it pretty much is identical to an attendance sheet. I might just print an attendance sheet off and stick it in the cover pocket so that I can use the other form for its intended purpose. But besides that I can't rave enough about this book! I hope they continue to publish it since I hope to purchase one each year!!!
on April 6, 2014
I have bought so many planners over the years and rarely used any for an entire year. I have even made my own and not even used that one. Then I decided to try this one. For me having a full month and a full week to write on is perfect. I have only have one child so I use the one week pages for 2 weeks because it is customizable enough to do that neatly. I like to be detailed in my lesson plans so for that I use HST and then have subject check offs in this planner. I really like the pages for scripture and journaling even though I don't use them all the time. As far as the review complaining of the flimsy feel...I simply cut the front and back off of a cereal box and used double-sided tape to attach one onto the inside of the front cover and back cover. It's perfect now. There are only 2 pockets that aren't great, but I use paper clips to attach things I need to reference. You have to flip back and forth from the full month view and the weekly view, and there are no tabs so I use large paper clips to mark each section...problem solved! No planner will be perfect for everyone but for this one works better than any I have used before, and I have used a lot!