YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on November 27, 2013
I am extremely impressed by this book. First of all, it is huge, there are enough ideas in here to feed me for a year. Also, the diversity of ideas is tremendous--veggie dishes, meat and desserts. The pictures are mouthwatering.
As a beginner panini maker (I even followed Kathy's advice about what panini maker to buy), I found this book simple to follow and my creations came out great. I will be buying it for several cooks in my life this holiday season.
on November 14, 2013
This is the best book for paninis. It has made my panini grill an appliance I use almost every day. We love the sandwiches in this book and all the other great ideas too. The French Toast is my husband's favorite, I make it 2-3 times a week. I use this book a lot it's awesome.
on October 17, 2013
Single subject cookbooks are dubious at best, they're either paper thin pushouts generated for a quick dollar by the publisher, or they're epic tomes that shut down the subject for the next few decades based on the fact that they're co complete, so informative, and so replete with innovative recipes that are as convivial as they are engaging that there is no need for another book to be written about the subject.

This is the latter (obviously).

No matter what you have in your pantry, Strahs prepares and educates you on the art of the panini. More than that, she teaches food pairings, balancing flavor, and introduces new methods and techniques. She pushes the boundaries of a simple panini press and brings new life to a what was once though a single use device.

A must have for the cookbook library.
on December 8, 2013
I love sandwiches and when they're hot, I love them even more so it stands to reason that this cookbook is perfect for me. I have a non-electric panini press and have enjoyed it for years rarely stepping out of the happy rut I was in with ingredients. This cookbook has helped change that providing flavor combos I'd never have thought of that are delicious (hello grilled shrimp, mango and avocado with pepper jelly & monterey jack!). An unexpected perk to this cookbook are the recipes for aiolis, vinaigrettes, pestos, and other condiments that make your panini (or anything else you want to enjoy them with) taste great. And if it's something other than tasty ingredients sandwiched between bread you're in the mood for, there are recipes to use your panini press to grill ahi for salad, grill tomatillos to make guacamole, or even homemade cones for ice cream.
on January 7, 2015
This book is opening a vast and tasteful world. The recepits are easy and flavorfull. Kathy Strahs has really studied her choices and the results I have already experienced following her directions are beyond what I would have expected. Good work and anyone who wants to experiment with new sandwiches and a variety of new choices should by "The Ultimate Panini Press".
on March 18, 2015
Excellent book. Very well written. I felt as if I was speaking to Kathy face to face about the subject of paninis. She gives very clear delivery of the information to the reader and the recipes are fabulous. Not difficult and the ingredients are things that you either already have on hand or else they are very easy to purchase at your local grocery. The pictures are also mouth-watering. Excellent book!
on November 10, 2014
A great compilation of recipes that you'll never get tired of! Easy to read...easy to follow.....and clear instructions on what to do.
on May 6, 2015
Lots of great ideas in this book. Got a job at a restaurant that has a panini press I quickly grew tired of the same old same old. I was looking for some fresh ideas and names for sandwiches that I'd forgotten about or had never thought of. Most of the paninies in this book can be made by simply reading the name of it, but don't fall for that you may just miss something or add too much or too little and could result in a sandwich that's not as good as (or better than) intended by the author. Give theirs a try first then make your own.
on January 19, 2015
The book helped me to decide what kind of features I would like on a panini press. The recipes sound very good and seem easy to do.
on May 20, 2014
Kathy Strahs has put together a book of terrific and tasty recipes that are very easy to follow. Her imaginative takes on the art of panini making are wonderful and her different uses for the panini press are really inspired. So happy I bought this useful and fun cookbook!