|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof)
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Big, bold, beautiful sound: Sound so loud you will have to shout to be heard; 15 percent louder than the original UE ROLL
- Stretchy, attachable marine-grade bungee: Strap the speaker to your bike, backpack, kayak or wherever else you want to take your music
- Waterproof: You can submerge UE ROLL 2 in water and it’ll be totally cool (Waterproof for up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter)
- Lighter than a can of soda: Ultra-portable and so light you will forget you are even carrying it.
- Go farther: 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range and 9 hr. rechargeable battery life go as long as you can (Actual wireless range and battery life will vary with use)
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Big, bold 360-degree sound
- Ultra-portable with attachable bungee
- Waterproof *, durable and designed for adventure
- Extended 100 feet wireless range**
- 9-hour rechargeable battery**
- Companion app with awesome features and updates
- Works with Apple and Android Bluetooth wireless devices
UE ROLL 2
Portable Wireless Speaker
The big, bold, beautiful sound of UE ROLL 2 gives adventure a soundtrack. Sound so loud, you’ll have to shout to be heard. It’s an ultra-portable wireless Bluetooth speaker that goes where you go with a stretchy, attachable bungee. You can even attach it to a kayak – it’s totally waterproof. *
* Waterproof for up to 30 minutes and a depth of 1 meter.
** Actual wireless range and battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.
Big, bold, beautiful sound.
Add a soundtrack to all your adventures. Sound that’s 15 percent louder than the original UE ROLL. That's 15 percent more unbelievable, unapologetic awesomeness.
Is that a bungee?!
All ultra-portable Bluetooth speakers should have a stretchy, go-anywhere bungee—but only UE ROLL 2 has one like it. Which means that no speaker has the same ultra versatility and unique portability. Strap it to your bike, your board, your backpack, or wherever else you want to take your music. It’ll still be there.
No seriously, it’s waterproof.
UE ROLL 2 is waterproof. Like, you can completely submerge in water and it will be totally cool. Heck, you can even bungee it to the front of your kayak to blast tunes when you’re going over a waterfall. Or if you’re just chilling in the pool, use the included floatie to keep the music close.
Lighter than a can of soda.
Whether you're biking, running trails, or just going to the beach to drink fun drinks all day, you don't want to carry a heavy speaker. Nobody does. UE ROLL 2 weighs just over half a pound. 330 grams, to be exact. That’s lighter than a can of soda. So light you'll forget you're even carrying it.
Technically speaking, UE ROLL 2 is in a class of its own. We increased the wireless range to 100 feet — over 50 percent more than the original UE ROLL. The rechargeable battery busts out nine hours of non-stop beats. So more than ever, you and the party can keep going (and going and going).
The app is awesome.
Use the UE ROLL 2 app to control the party from afar. Control the party from afar and get easy wireless updates with new features like Block Party music sharing from 3 friends’ mobile devices. Future-proof updates mean your UE ROLL 2 gets even better and more fun over time.
Your personal sonic Sherpa.
Amazing sound. Ultra-portable and durable. Ready to go where no wireless speaker has gone before. Check out why UE ROLL 2 rocks.
What you need
- Platform agnostic, compatible with Android and Apple
Compatability: For Audio Playback: Smartphones, tablets and other devices that support Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart wireless audio profile [Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)] or 3.5 millimeter audio output.
App configurable (iOS and Android).
What’s in the box
- UE ROLL 2.
- Micro USB cable.
- The Floatie.
Wireless Capabilities: Pair up to 8 Bluetooth enabled source devices. Connect up to three source devices at the same time. Wirelessly play (stream) to 3 UE ROLL 2s from one source. Mobile range of play is up to 30 meters or (100 feet).
Audio: Maximum Sound Level: 86dBA. Frequency Range: 108Hz - 20kHz. Drivers: One 2-inch Driver with Two ¾ Tweeters.
Power: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery for up to 9 hours of battery life between Micro USB charges. Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Charge time: 5.5 hours.
Dimensions: Diameter: 135 millimeter (5.3-inch) Height: 40 millimeter (1.6-inch) Weight: 330 grams (speaker only).
Waterproof—IPX7 rated: UE ROLL 2 can be immersed in water up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
|UE ROLL 2||UE BOOM 2||UE MEGABOOM|
|What do you get?||Ultra-portable 360-degree Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (waterproof)||Portable 360-degree Wireless Bluetooth Speaker / Speakerphone (waterproof)||The ultimate portable 360-degree Bluetooth Speaker / Speakerphone with extended battery life (waterproof)|
|Sound quality and loudness||Great||Bigger||Ultimate|
|Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery||Up to 9-hour battery life between charges||Up to 15-hour battery life between charges||Up to 20-hour battery life between charges|
|100 ft. Bluetooth Wireless Range||✓||✓||✓|
|Block Party: Take turns playing music from three Bluetooth devices at the same time||✓||✓||✓|
|Two-speaker wireless connectivity: Easy pairing for even bigger stereo sound||✓||✓||✓|
|Aux input (3.5 mm) for iPod and Most Other Portable Music Players||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with Bluetooth-Enabled devices running iOS, Android, Windows and most other operating systems||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
The big, bold, beautiful sound of UE ROLL 2 gives adventure asoundtrack. Sound so loud, you'll have to shout to be heard. It’s an ultra-portable wireless Bluetooth speaker thatgoes where you go with a stretchy, attachable bungee. You caneven attach it to a kayak–it’s totally waterproof.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Before getting to the negatives, which are forthcoming in spades, noteworthy the product (while operational) is pretty solid. For the value: Quality sound, volume spectrum serviceable (loud enough for any reasonable use of such a sized device), relatively easy and lag-less connectivity to ios device (via app), sleek design convenient for transport. From a "value" perspective I was satisfied, albeit the sound quality is not on par with higher end alternatives.
The device inexplicably broke after 6 months of light use (nearly all in home). The device suddenly would not take a charge, the result of a faulty battery. I'm a pretty tech savvy dude and pursued every avenue to resolve. After trouble shooting, issue clearly a result of a faulty battery, requiring replacement. This is not covered under the extremely limited factory warranty. Replacement battery not practical from a cost perspective.
I was a bit peeved at this point but my gears were not grinded until I tried to contact the manufacturer to inquire about replacement. The customer process was very inconvenient (purposely?) a) had to dig through numerous sites to find the correct contact # for service center b) even more hoops to jump through to get a competent human on the dial. I did not purchase an extended warranty given the low price point, which one could say is my faukt. Imo, the cause of mailfunction is a direct fault of a cheap product, as such the terms of the standard warranty are crap. I've always been one to buy higher end electronics, you get what you pay for, Which has been evident in the Bose device I now own.
After sifting through the interwebs its evident this is a pretty common problem, do not purchase with out being aware of this, not cheap enough for this riff Raff.
Top reviews from other countries
I am more of an IEM user. This is my first and only BT speaker, so keep that in mind when you read the review.
Before buying, I was very skeptical about the sound quality of such a small speaker. I initially bought one Roll 2 and tried it. The sound showed some good potential. The loudness was good, the vocals sounded clear, even in tracks where they are buried in the recording. It lacked bass and also had a slight hollowness in the sound. Thankfully, UE Roll app has an EQ, which when adjusted a little, pushed the sound towards my desired frequency response. What made me elated was the dynamics. Dynamic range was pretty good, meaning the loudest and the softest parts of music are well differentiated. The clarity is also very good. Since I was satisfied, I immediately ordered another Roll 2 to pair with it.
For about a month now, the pair of Roll 2 speakers has been working as L-R speakers in my room. It is loud enough to fill the room at about 50-60% volume. It is paired with my iPhone, Moto G4+ and my Laptop. I have recently paired them with my Echo Dot. Nothing speaks lazy than commanding Alexa to "play some xyz" and then relax. This has been a great setup for casual, background listening. It is not going to match the experience of a proper speaker system or even a good IEM/Headphone, but that is not the point of buying a 4,000 bluetooth speaker.
My usage is limited in scope, so I cannot tell you whether it is water-proof or fills a hall as a party speaker (though others have tested it). What I can tell you is
1) The build quality is good. They are small and light enough to carry anywhere, feel sturdy enough to hook up anywhere without fearing if it would collapse on a fall.
2) The Roll 2 is loud enough for a room, even at half the volume. If you place it in a large hall or an open space, you might need to crank up the volume a bit more.
3) The Bluetooth range is pretty good. I can carry and place it almost anywhere inside my home (on the same floor). "Almost", because it struggles to keep the connection across two rooms on opposite sides of the house (Wi-Fi signal also goes down in this room). But, it does work at 60-65 feet easily.
4) If you are looking for something with good bass quantity, you should skip this.
5) I have not exactly measured the battery life, but it seems to be close to 10 hours or so (at 50% volume). It takes about 3 hours for charging using my Anker charger.
6) If it sounds alright to you out of the box, leave it as-is. This UE Default is very fine for anything that emphasizes vocals. If you listen to different genres, I'd recommend using EQ in the UE Roll app. My settings are 250: +4, 450: +2, 1.5K: +2, 5.2K: 0, 9K: +1. It may or may not be to your liking since this is my preference (at my listening volume). You can set all frequency bands to flat and then start tuning based on how you like what you hear. You can always go back to "The Standard" just in case.
7) One speaker is quite OK. But, I liked this better in a two speaker stereo mode. It would not work quite like big speakers and present great sound stage or anything, but the stereo mode is better than using a single one. If your budget permits it, go for it. While I paired them as L-R speakers using the Double-up feature, there was a brief period where I could not get them to pair again (both speakers would output the same thing, without going into stereo mode). I don't know why, but after a week like that, they once again paired correctly and it has been a smooth ride since.
8) It will play nicely for casual listening. But, I should qualify that statement. I don't listen to Bollywood music (or Tamil film music), Pop, Rap, Dubstep etc., My preferred genres usually have metal or rock in their name, but I do listen to a bit of Jazz, Classical and sometimes, other genres. I don't mind using these speakers for Miles Davis, Alice In Chains, A Perfect Circle, acoustic-heavy Opeth (Damnation) or Massive Attack (as long as you don't mind the low bass quantity). But, I would not dare use it with something like a Dodecahedron or anything busy or complex. But then, that would be asking too much from these little speakers :-)
Great to take on holiday with no worry about getting wet - floats in the pool with blow up pod