Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Ultimate pH Solution: Balance Your Body Chemistry to Prevent Disease and Lose Weight Paperback – December 26, 2007
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 65%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top Customer Reviews
pH is the measurement of potential hydrogen: simplified, it's the amount of positively charged hydrogen ions (acid) and negatively charged hydroxyl ions (alkaline) we carry. Our blood is slightly alkaline and most tissues should be as well. But our body is forced to store acids in our tissues when too many are consumed or generated for our body to excrete.
Additionally, alkaline minererals, such as calcium and magnesium, are robbed from bones and muscle to buffer these excess acids. A diet high in acid foods, such as sugar, meats, grains, coffee, and drugs, causes an improper pH balance in our tissues, which leads to poor health and, according to some, proliferation of microbes, fungus, yeast and molds.
The author writes:
"Instead of being addicted to sugar, stress, adrenaline rushes, conflict, or food additives, you will be addicted to feeling energetic, sleeping well at night, thinking clearly, and maintaining a balanced mood. Your body, your mind, and your spirit will feel strong in a way that can never be achieved with an acidic lifestyle."
In this book you'll discover:
* some problems with our current food choices
* an example of a typical acid diet
* how acids are produced internally
* how various diseases are caused by this diet: e.g.Read more ›
I have lost about 7 pounds in a few weeks by adding lemon water, juicing my carrots, apples, fruits - eating oranges and more salads and a LOT less of the processed foods I used to eat.
In truth, I used to drink a quart of orange juice a day and eat mostly salads. But that was before kids. Things got very busy and I had a bad accident, which hampered my energy for a few years. So then the poor eating habits started.
But man, I will tell you, I really appreciate having my great eating habits back.
People have told me for years that I look way younger than my chronological years. Great skin, for one.
I used to exercise a lot but that has fallen a bit. But back to the book.
European eating habits have been following this for years. This is not a newcomer idea according to the way I grew up.
What is this pH stuff and what is 'balance your body chemistry'?
You may remember pH and acid/base - acid/alkaline from Chemistry class perhaps.
Michelle Schoffro Cook tells us that our bodies function best when the pH is on the alkaline side - that our blood is more alkaline than acid. That would mean a pH or litmus reading of about 7.0- to 7.364 or slightly higher. Sounds easy?
Well, most people in the Western industrialized world eat foods that are processed as acid in our body, Michelle tells us. Our beloved dairy, meat, chicken, fish, eggs and even grains are all processed as acids, leaving us often with acid-blood levels rather than alkaline blood levels.Read more ›
Also, she includes a bibliography in the back of the book (references - yeah!) which I find reassuring as there are too many health and alternative medicine books out there that make many a statement and claim, but you have to wonder if they have a foot to stand on. A section of recipes is included also, every one that I have tried has turned out well, tasting great and surprisingly satisfying.
I think this will be a life changing book for many. I should add that those who have read a great deal of alternative medicine/health books may not like this book, as it is with out all the hype and salesmanship type motivational talk (but that is what I like about this particular book).
But, there are a few things you should know.
1) This diet is VERY, VERY strict. It seems almost impossible at first, and you will almost certainly not be able to follow it 100% - but that's ok, just do your best. I started by going through my kitchen and getting rid of everything not alkaline or acid-friendly (read: crap, junk food, most processed foods). That way, I was not tempted. It will take true commitment, proximity or access to fresh vegetables and the ability and time to cook your own meals in order to be successful. I struggle the most with breakfast, as there are not many alkaline friendly options besides green drinks (which are not filling). I have now settled with gluten-free cereal with almond milk.
2) It is very difficult to eat out when on this diet. Beyond salads, it is very tough to find alkaline-friendly items on the menu. Know this going in and try to avoid eating out.
3) I found the process of making fresh lemon juice every day very time consuming. Now what I do is squeeze enough lemon for the week and freeze it in ice cubes. Throughout the week, I drop the ice cubes in my water. Sometime I switch out lemon water for cucumber water.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The production quality of this book is horrible. The typeface is very small, and the ink is not saturated -- meaning it does not provide enough contrast to make the text readable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by melissa
Ohhh I LOVE this book! I actually bought 2 other copies for friends. It is an easy read.Published 3 months ago by Kathy O. Magnusen
Awesome Book! Detailed and easy to understand. Already recommending t friends.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Everyone should have this book on their shelf. It's the body's ' foundation' to wellness.Published 7 months ago by Laurette Murphy