- Create your own Glow Sample Pack: Purchase 5 or more of Glow Inc's paints or powders in sizes up to 2 ounces and get 10% off (restrictions apply) Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ultra Green V10 Glow in the Dark Paint 1/2Oz
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.53. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Highest Grade Strontium Aluminate Pigments (grade 0, Brightness Rating 33000 mcd/m2) Glow in the Dark Pigment for Paints
- Apply very thick, 1/16" or 4 oz per square foot. This container covers 18 square inches or 0.125 square feet.
- Ideal to paint abusive environments like glow in the dark fishing lures, metal surfaces or signs
- Often used to paint glow in the dark star ceilings, starscapes, and other space murals
- Glow in the dark paint glows throughout the night after a full charge, can be recharged millions of times
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Glow Inc.'s glow in the dark paint is made from Grade 0 Strontium Aluminate pigments in a durable, high adhesion acrylic medium. Two pounds of top grade pigment per gallon of medium produces the brightest glow in the dark paint available.
Glow in the dark paint absorbs bright light as energy. When placed in the dark, glow in the dark paint releases this energy as a glow. You can repeat this cycle millions of times. Applied properly, glow in the dark paint will lose 5% of its brightness every 10 years. Any light will charge the paint. Direct sunlight, high wattage bulbs, or black lights are needed to obtain the maximum glow.
Glow in the dark paint is often used for professional murals and to paint glow in the dark stars on ceilings. Due to its durability, it is also perfect for painting glow in the dark fishing lures and outdoor signs.
Each color has a different brightness and glow duration. The Green V10 is the brightest and will glow throughout the night. Glow Purple does not glow very brightly and requires a high wattage charging source. Check the brightness rating for comparison.
Sealing coats are not needed. Paint over white surfaces when possible.
It is critical that you apply this paint at least 1/16" thick (4 oz per sq. foot) for proper glow and a smooth appearance.
Glow in the dark paint is shipped ready to use with a standard brush or roller. Thin with acrylic thinner or a tiny amount of water. Clean up with soapy water.
We do not recommend that our glow in the dark paints be applied to the skin or hair.
For the brightest, professional stars, put the paint in a baby feeding syringe. Use pressure on the plunger to squeeze out tiny 1/16" cones of glow in the dark paint. Use 2 Ounces of Green V10 Glow in the Dark Paint for a typical room, preferrably on a white ceiling. Paint additional stars near the top of the walls as well.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
we used this to paint the eyes of a couple airborne predator decoys... and, the results have been outstanding! we were getting skunks and other small night-time rodents in our backyard... but, no more, thanks to a couple pair of gently-moving, ominous, glowing eyes standing guard at night! ...
| observations |
• paints thickly, though smoothly
• requires 1/16"+ to glow, so 3-4 coats are required, as is recommended
• easy water cleanup of brushes and overpainting/messes
• dries to a semi-translucent white, in the light
• at night, glows green, quite brightly (just like the images, above, on the item detail page)
• great glow duration - holds a charge all night, from dusk 'til dawn!
we finished the glow in the dark eyes with a small gloss black pupil (acrylic gloss black from a Testor’s kit) and then covered it all with Krylon K01303007 Acrylic Spray Paint Crystal Clear in 11-Ounce Aerosol , as recommended by the manufacturer. this, not only achieves a weatherproof, durable finish to this V10 paint, but gives the eyes a moist, natural look, thanks to the high gloss of the crystal clear...
again, the results have been outstanding and we are very pleased... the iris of the predator decoy's eyes are a shiny semi-translucent white during the day and the ultra green at night... since then, we have not smelled any skunks in our back property for several days and normally it was every other night... and the other nocturnal rodents seem to be keeping their distance, as well, by evidence of seeing no tracks in the baby powder we sprinkled over the area where they were traveling... so, these airborne predator decoys worked during the day and are, now, a couple very effective night patrollers, thanks to this fine paint! :-)
ps link to kit with gloss black acrylic; Testors Acrylic Value Finishing Paint Set
- A couple toothpicks
- Glow Green V10 Glow in the Dark Paint (Use URL below)
- Gun with recessed sights
- Steady hands so don't drink a mtn dew or three cups of coffee
- Automotive Clear coat / Clear Nail polish / Epoxy (take your pick) this will help seal the V10 Product in place.
Once the medium is charged you will notice a very bright glow for a few minutes then a low grade glow for many many hours. I recently posted a YT video on the process under username onza04 if you guys care to watch my DIY process.Keyword search: glow walther onza04
PS - I feel like a kid trying to figure out what other items I can add the paint too.
It's not perfect though. The paint has tiny particles in it and the painted surface can feel a bit like sandpaper. Also, to get a good glow you usually have to paint several coats. But it does dry quickly.