- Save 20% on a Duxtop Professional 10 Piece Cookware Set when you purchase 1 or more Secura or Duxtop Induction Cooktops offered by Lafraise. Enter code 20DUXTOP at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "DUXTOP UltraThin Full Glass Top Portable Sensor To..." and save 62% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
DUXTOP UltraThin Full Glass Top Portable Sensor Touch Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
|Sale:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.00 (20%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra thin portable design with FULL glass top, 40% thinner than previous models. Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage, easy to carry and move around
- 15 power levels from 100-1500Watts; 15 temperature range from 140°F to 460°F;
- Digital control panel; Built-in count-down digital timer up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system; 5 ft cord;
- Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron;
- Only for use with North American Electrical Standards, 120V 60Hz AC; 1-year warranty; ETL approved;
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item DUXTOP UltraThin Full Glass Top Portable Sensor Touch Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner
Secura 9100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black
Secura 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold
Duxtop LCD 1800-Watt Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner 9600LS
Multifunctional Portable 1800 Watt Powerful Induction Cooktop with Quick Heat Technology Commercial Grade Quality Induction Burner
Avalon Bay 1800 Watt Portable Induction Cooktop in Black IC100B
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Lafraise||Lafraise||Lafraise||Lafraise||Deal Republic||Avalon-Bay|
Secura DUXTOP UltraThin Full Glass Top Portable Sensor Touch Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Black, 14.5" x 11.5" x 1.75"
Top customer reviews
—efficiency is great. It heats quickly. After I'm done with it, the cooling fan runs for a minute or two longer, then I can immediately stow it away, because it's pretty cool to the touch. Amazingly, you can even put your hand on the burner right after turning it off!
—the all-glass top with sensor touch "buttons" makes for really easy cleaning.
—it's straight up pretty cool the way it works
—at lower power temps, it still boils vigorously, so you lose sensitivity at this level. I noticed it pulses on and off every few seconds at lower levels. I make oatmeal often, and I have to be vigilant to prevent boil over. Right before it boils over, I reduce power from 10 down to 2.5, and even then my oatmeal slowly starts boiling over, so I have to pull the pot off to cool and stir it down. After this I can then leave it to simmer at level 3.0 til it gets goopy.
—too many beeping button pushes. To turn it on and start boiling, there are TWELVE beeping button pushes: on, function, +, +, +, etc. (you have to hit "+" to bring up the power level going from 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7... up to 10). To turn my oatmeal down, I have to hit the "–" button ELEVEN times to get from 10 down to 2.5. Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, etc (you get the picture). At least to turn it off, you only have to hit "on/off" just once.
—not sure if all induction cooktops do this, but it has a cooling fan that runs while you cook, which is about as loud as a hair dryer set on "low", or maybe about half as loud as that. In a quiet room you can unmistakably hear it. On top of the fan noise but quieter than the fan noise is a mildly audible buzz from the induction heating. I can see how some people might obsess on this buzz, but I'm already getting used to it after using it only five times.
THE BOTTOM LINE
In spite of all the CONS I will keep this cooktop, since all induction cooktops are probably mostly the same, and I believe it will just take some getting used to. If I had a more reliable/powerful electrical system on my boat, I'd be more inclined to get a different more powerful 1800w unit since they are barely larger than this thin cooktop.
While my test may be a difficult one, I fail to see how this product is useful for anything beyond boiling water. The heat is so concentrated at the middle, anything placed in the pan will burn at the center and be uncooked at the outside edge. As I said, maybe this one is defective, but it appears others have similar complaints. Also, while I really enjoy the simplicity and durability of my basic cast-iron pans, maybe this would work acceptably with an aluminum clad pan that can spread the heat better.
Most recent customer reviews
now it's official, ... I REALLY don't like it.Read more