Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidif...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 67% off the $107.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.95 shipping
SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter - Blue
|You Save:||$37.08 (35%)|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter
Effectively relieve dry nose, throat lips and itchy skin with the virtually silent Dual Mist Humidifier with ION exchange filter. Will help you breathe easier and sleep more comfortably.
Two Color Options
Blue (Model #: SU-4010).
Green (Model #: SU-4010G).
Input voltage: 120V / 60Hz.
Warm mist - 80W; Cool mist - 30W.
Coverage: up to 500 sq. ft.
Water tank capacity: 4.0L.
Ultrasonic frequency: 1.7MHz.
Droplet size: 5-10 microns.
Warm mist - 400 ml; Cool mist - 330 ml.
Max humidification time (on High):
Warm mist - 10 hrs; Cool mist - 12 hrs.
Dimensions (W x D x H) inches: 13.2 x 5.3 x 12.4.
Net weight: 7.5 lbs.
Power cord length: 5.9 ft.
Features and Functions
- Dual function: Warm and Cool mist
- ION exchange filter
- Ultrasonic generator
- Humidity output: 400cc/hour
- Split nozzles: 360° adjustable direction
- 4.0L water tank capacity
- Overheat protection
- Super quiet operation
- Cleaning brush included
- Auto shut-off protection
Dual-mist + Adjustable Mist Intensity
You can choose from cool mist or warm mist. Adjustable mist output to meet your need.
Ion Exchange Filter
It demineralizes and treats water to reduce scale-forming calcium and magnesium from hard water. This prolongs the life of the ultrasonic generator and prevents white dust particles to deposit into the air.
Split Nozzles + 360° Adjustable Direction
A split nozzle for bi-directional mist for wider coverage. Designed for rooms up to 500 sq. ft.
Effectively relieve dry nose, throat lips and itchy skin with the virtually silent Dual Mist Humidifier with ION exchange filter. Will help you breathe easier and sleep more comfortably. This ultrasonic humidifier disperses warm or cool mist. A split nozzle for bi-directional mist for wider coverage. Sleek design with easy to use control knobs. Large, transparent blue water tank with easy-carrying handle. ION exchange filter demineralizes and treats water to remove scale-forming calcium and magnesium from hard water. This prolongs the life of the ultrasonic generator and prevents white dust particles to deposit into the air.
The easiest way to check if the warm mist function is working or not: after the unit runs for 10 mins, turn the power off, lift the water tank and feel the water in the reservoir. The water temperature should be around 100-110 when the ambient temperature is 65 degrees. It varies depending on ambient room temperature. The fan inside the humidifier makes a humming noise when it's functioning.
For the first time use, please allow 5-10 minutes for water going through the filter and filling up the water reservoir after placing the water tank in position. The red light should turn off and the humidifier starts to run.
Compare to similar items
This item SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter - Blue
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Blue||White||White and Blue||Blue/White|
Top Customer Reviews
1. It actually turns on. I got this unit after my Crane Adorable Humidifier (Penguin shape) refused to turn on.
2. It just works. I have a 10x13 room and this humidifier took my room's humidity from 21% to 42% in about 3 hours.
3. I really like the form factor. The unit is only 5.31 inches deep so it can easily fit on top of a short bookcase that also has a small depth. Few other humidifiers would fit where I have this humidifier right now.
4. It is fairly easy to fill. The top of the tank is flat so that when you turn the tank upsidedown to fill it, it can lie flat.
5. I'm pretty happy with the mist quality. Even on the highest setting, you're not going to see fat droplet sizes coming out. You are not going to end up with a puddle on the floor as long as you put it on a surface at least 2 feet above the floor.
1. Some reviewers have complained about water leaking out of the tank. I noticed that on my unit, the washer (or o-ring) for the tank cap is a little bit too big. If you turn the cap shut too tightly, the o-ring will roll on itself, and the next time you unscrew the cap and screw it back on, the washer may not provide a good seal because it is out of place. Even the manual tells you to make sure the washer is in place when screwing on the cap. As long as the washer is in place, it won't leak. This is just a slight annoyance.
2. If you are blowing warm mist and you want to change it back to cool mist, it'll take awhile for it to become cold again because the unit does not actively cool the water. You'll have to either pour out the existing warm water in the base or wait until all the warm water in the base gets sent out. I am not a big fan of warm mist so it's a non-issue.
3. The unit is fairly quiet and I am pretty sure most people can sleep with the unit on without a problem. However, I am an ultra-sensitive sleeper and anything louder than completely silent is too much for me. If it was the just the humming noise, I think I would be able to take it, but what bothers me the most is the inevitable random water sounds caused by the ultrasonic plate generating large droplets of water and those droplets of water coming back down. Almost every humidifier will do that. The water noise is fairly low, it is just the randomness of the noise that annoys me when I try to sleep. When I am awake and my computer is on, I barely notice the humidifier because my computer is many times noisier than the humidifier and my computer is already pretty quiet.
1. Yes, the tank is only 4 liters, but do you want a humidifier that fits on a bookcase or not?
2. Sure, the tank only last 12 hours on the maximum setting, but isn't that the point of a humidifier? If you desperately want humidity, wouldn't you want the humidifier to empty the tank as quickly as possible?
It is nice that this unit comes with a water filter, but of course the manual will recommend that you fill it with distilled water rather than tap water. Considering that I'll be breathing the water I put into the humidifier, I've been filling my tank with water that I've passed through a Brita filter in a water pitcher. However, doing that is somewhat a pain because it takes multiple pitchers to fill up the tank. I am thinking about getting a faucet filter so that I can fill the tank quickly.
UPDATE: My 10x13 room just hit 50% relative humidity and I'm loving it. My windows are starting to fog up, maybe I should turn it off.
The sunpentown humidifier has an ion exchange filter, so it doesn't smell at all. Plus, it is SILENT!! Even on high, you cannot hear it AT ALL.
We use it in a large living room (twice the size of the recommended area) and it works just fine. Also, you can actually see the mist coming out. In the words of a previous reviewer, it really is like pea soup.
We use it on medium and the water tank lasts for about 12-14 hours. If you use it in a smaller room, the low setting would work just fine, so it would last much longer.
The reason I only gave it four stars is because when the setting is on high, the water vapor coming out of the humidifier is so thick and heavy that most of it falls to the ground, getting everything damp and wet, and getting less moisture into the air. In fact, even on the medium setting, we have it set up on a countertop to maximize evaporation. This humidifier does not work well when placed on the floor.
We have had this humidifier for a few months now, and are very happy with it. Also, it looks very nice. It is not bulky and ugly like other humidifiers.
I've tried a bunch of inexpensive ultrasonic, evaporation, and heating element based units but this one is the first that actually went ALL night.
It has a output volume knob that actually works: High is as thick as pea-soup fog and low is merely mouth breathing.
There is a built-in filter on the water supply so that may extend the life a bit but I don't know yet.
The light's aren't the super annoying injection laser diodes that I've seen on other models.
The vapor direction nozzle is nice because you can point the power and water alarm lights away from your bed.
1. It is thin and compact and can fit on a bedstand, unlike some of its big ugly hulking competitors.
2. It is almost completely silent!
3. The steam nozzle swivels so you can direct where it goes.
4. The translucent blue water chamber is nice for seeing the water level at a glance.
5. Finely adjustable mist levels, and hot/cold mist.
1. The blue water chamber fills up from the bottom. So you have to take it off, turn it upside down and unscrew a cap in order to fill it up. Not a huge deal, but not the most convenient method either.
2. The entire unit has to be carried from the bottom since the blue water chamber merely sits on the top of the white section. Again, not a big deal once you have the unit where you want it.
3. The hot/cold mist didn't work for me. Maybe the heat element in mine is broken, but I didn't really feel the difference between the hot and cold settings. I didn't really care; cold mist was fine.
4. It's a little pricey as these devices go. But worth it, in my opinion.
Overall, a very nice unit.
UPDATE 2011: This unit is still going strong. It did start making some annoying gurgling noises, so I ran steaming hot water through both the top reservoir and the bottom piece (unplugged first, of course). This fixed the gurgling problem and also gave me a nice surprise: the hot mist feature, which never did anything before, started working! I clean it a little more often now in order to prevent future gurgling, and I put a ProTec antimicrobial cleaning cartridge in there monthly.