Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.95 shipping
SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter - Blue
|Price:||$65.17 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Effectively relieve dry nose, throat lips and itchy skin with the virtually silent Dual Mist Humidifier with ION exchange filter. Will help you breathe easier and sleep more comfortably. This ultrasonic humidifier disperses warm or cool mist. A split nozzle for bi-directional mist for wider coverage. Sleek design with easy to use control knobs. Large, transparent blue water tank with easy-carrying handle. ION exchange filter demineralizes and treats water to remove scale-forming calcium and magnesium from hard water. This prolongs the life of the ultrasonic generator and prevents white dust particles to deposit into the air.
The easiest way to check if the warm mist function is working or not: after the unit runs for 10 mins, turn the power off, lift the water tank and feel the water in the reservoir. The water temperature should be around 100-110 when the ambient temperature is 65 degrees. It varies depending on ambient room temperature. The fan inside the humidifier makes a humming noise when it's functioning.
For the first time use, please allow 5-10 minutes for water going through the filter and filling up the water reservoir after placing the water tank in position. The red light should turn off and the humidifier starts to run.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter - Blue
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||12.4 inches x 13.2 inches x 5.3 inches||13.03 inches x 18.58 inches x 10.39 inches||11.81 inches x 8.07 inches x 5.31 inches||11.56 inches x 14 inches x 11.56 inches|
|Item Weight||11 pounds||9.9 pounds||3.24 pounds||9 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It actually turns on. I got this unit after my Crane Adorable Humidifier (Penguin shape) refused to turn on.
2. It just works. I have a 10x13 room and this humidifier took my room's humidity from 21% to 42% in about 3 hours.
3. I really like the form factor. The unit is only 5.31 inches deep so it can easily fit on top of a short bookcase that also has a small depth. Few other humidifiers would fit where I have this humidifier right now.
4. It is fairly easy to fill. The top of the tank is flat so that when you turn the tank upsidedown to fill it, it can lie flat.
5. I'm pretty happy with the mist quality. Even on the highest setting, you're not going to see fat droplet sizes coming out. You are not going to end up with a puddle on the floor as long as you put it on a surface at least 2 feet above the floor.
1. Some reviewers have complained about water leaking out of the tank. I noticed that on my unit, the washer (or o-ring) for the tank cap is a little bit too big. If you turn the cap shut too tightly, the o-ring will roll on itself, and the next time you unscrew the cap and screw it back on, the washer may not provide a good seal because it is out of place. Even the manual tells you to make sure the washer is in place when screwing on the cap. As long as the washer is in place, it won't leak. This is just a slight annoyance.
2. If you are blowing warm mist and you want to change it back to cool mist, it'll take awhile for it to become cold again because the unit does not actively cool the water. You'll have to either pour out the existing warm water in the base or wait until all the warm water in the base gets sent out. I am not a big fan of warm mist so it's a non-issue.
3.Read more ›
I've tried a bunch of inexpensive ultrasonic, evaporation, and heating element based units but this one is the first that actually went ALL night.
It has a output volume knob that actually works: High is as thick as pea-soup fog and low is merely mouth breathing.
There is a built-in filter on the water supply so that may extend the life a bit but I don't know yet.
The light's aren't the super annoying injection laser diodes that I've seen on other models.
The vapor direction nozzle is nice because you can point the power and water alarm lights away from your bed.
The sunpentown humidifier has an ion exchange filter, so it doesn't smell at all. Plus, it is SILENT!! Even on high, you cannot hear it AT ALL.
We use it in a large living room (twice the size of the recommended area) and it works just fine. Also, you can actually see the mist coming out. In the words of a previous reviewer, it really is like pea soup.
We use it on medium and the water tank lasts for about 12-14 hours. If you use it in a smaller room, the low setting would work just fine, so it would last much longer.
The reason I only gave it four stars is because when the setting is on high, the water vapor coming out of the humidifier is so thick and heavy that most of it falls to the ground, getting everything damp and wet, and getting less moisture into the air. In fact, even on the medium setting, we have it set up on a countertop to maximize evaporation. This humidifier does not work well when placed on the floor.
We have had this humidifier for a few months now, and are very happy with it. Also, it looks very nice. It is not bulky and ugly like other humidifiers.
1. It is thin and compact and can fit on a bedstand, unlike some of its big ugly hulking competitors.
2. It is almost completely silent!
3. The steam nozzle swivels so you can direct where it goes.
4. The translucent blue water chamber is nice for seeing the water level at a glance.
5. Finely adjustable mist levels, and hot/cold mist.
1. The blue water chamber fills up from the bottom. So you have to take it off, turn it upside down and unscrew a cap in order to fill it up. Not a huge deal, but not the most convenient method either.
2. The entire unit has to be carried from the bottom since the blue water chamber merely sits on the top of the white section. Again, not a big deal once you have the unit where you want it.
3. The hot/cold mist didn't work for me. Maybe the heat element in mine is broken, but I didn't really feel the difference between the hot and cold settings. I didn't really care; cold mist was fine.
4. It's a little pricey as these devices go. But worth it, in my opinion.
Overall, a very nice unit.
UPDATE 2011: This unit is still going strong. It did start making some annoying gurgling noises, so I ran steaming hot water through both the top reservoir and the bottom piece (unplugged first, of course). This fixed the gurgling problem and also gave me a nice surprise: the hot mist feature, which never did anything before, started working! I clean it a little more often now in order to prevent future gurgling, and I put a ProTec antimicrobial cleaning cartridge in there monthly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Stopped working after a week I need to contact the company to exchange it.Published 2 days ago by ChanceD
After using a few times, the lid started getting tighter and tighter as it was in use and almost impossible for myself or husband to get off. Read morePublished 25 days ago by Rob O'Leary
works well--- is very quiet for night time use-- no lights to glow--
I bought 3 of them,, :)
I JUST LOVE THIS HUMIDIFIER. IT PUTS OUT A REMARKABLE AMOUNT OF MIST FOR ITS SIZE AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE THE ADJUSTABLE TWO MIST JETS!. Read morePublished 1 month ago by CHARLENE JONES
My house gets really dry, in Arizona. I have 2 humidifiers, and this one is amazing. Silent, and does a good job bringing up the humidity in the room! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Andres
We use this every night, and have for several weeks. There have been no problems. I have cleaned it of bio-film once each week and refilled.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great humidifier--TONS of humidifying power. We used it for my sons room--8x8 and even on the lowest setting it's like walking into a jungle when we get him in the morning. Read morePublished 2 months ago by NewMomMD