Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 145 reviews
on January 28, 2014
I wanted the best toothbrush on the market, so I bought and compared both the Sonicare DiamondClean and Ultreo; both were found out about through word of mouth. (no pun intended)

The DiamondClean comes with all sorts of bells and whistles that don't really matter like a charging glass, charging travel case, multiple cleaning levels (which are gimiky in my opinion), and an extra brush head. The Ultreo is straightforward and simple. Brush, handle, charger, and travel case. Simple.

I actually didn't like the ultreo as much as sonicare off the bat because it had such a large brush head. However, I noticed that when I brushed with the Ultreo as per the instructions keeping lots of fluid in my mouth my teeth felt so clean I'd forget to brush for a couple of days. Sonicare never gave such a superb cleaning experience and thus I chose the Ultreo as my next gen toothbrush.
on March 23, 2013
I have been using Phillips Sonicare for about 8 years now. I am one of those people that if I don't stay on top of my brushing and flossing, tartar builds up rather quickly. I didn't have to go through periodontal surgery but at one point in my life my gum pockets were pretty deep, one of them being 12 milliliters! After regular cleaning sections at my dentist every 3 months, I don't have those deep pockets anymore, but occasionally -- if I forget to floss -- I can "feel" a build up and I need to work harder to remove this still somewhat soft tartar build up.

Enter the Ultreo. I have noticed at the very first use (after a full 24h of battery charge, as recommended) that the cleaning performance is vastly superior, in half of the time. This brush runs for 1:20 minutes each time, my sonicare runs for more than 2 minutes. The difference is that with the Ultreo I don't have to "brush" my teeth. I just glide the brush in circles over the teeth/gum line and the brush does all the work. It gives me a beep sound signaling to change the teeth "quadrant" to be brushed next. 30 seconds each area, 1:20 minutes total, done. And I have to tell you, it feels **clean**. It in fact blasts away the buildups that are still somewhat soft, and I have noticed the spaces between my inside lower teeth slowly getting bigger, meaning that there is some harder build up there that is being slowly removed at every brushing session. I have also noticed that the trick is to keep as much fluid as possible around the brush head while in use, it works much better, which makes sense. If you ever took you watch or jewelry to be cleaned up in one of those ultrasound baths, you understand what I'm talking about.

All in all, this is the real deal. I'm very happy with this brush and it does the work that my sonicare can't do, in half the time. Remember, with this brush you don't "brush", you don't apply any pressure. You just glide it with lots of liquid there. It works. I'm sold!

EDIT: Unfortunately I had to return this toothbrush because something got loose inside after a few days of use, and the vibrations are no longer being transferred to the brush head. The brush head is fine, the battery is fully charged, but something inside its body went wrong. It's a shame because this is a really good and effective toothbrush, I couldn't get a replacement via Amazon, just a refund but I am willing to give it a try again because this brush is much better than my sonicare.
on December 20, 2008
I had been shopping around for a brush for a while, tried my boyfriend's sonicare and liked it, but didn't love it. Never really was able to be consistent with an electric brush or waterpic, because of tooth sensitivity. My dentist said to be careful about applying too much pressure with any electric toothbrush as I do with manual brush (thus the sensitivity). Then I read about Ultreo and suspected the ultrasonic technology would assist with this problem. I considered investing in the sonicare flexcare and then read some comparisons which said they are comparable, or that Ultreo is slightly better. I was also heartened to read a few reviews which described the Ultreo as having a "light touch" and not allowing for too hard brushing by virtue of the design and the ultrasonic technology, which supported my theory based on the description of the design and technology. I was still skeptical but took the plunge because of the great savings through amazon-- $86 with shipping!

Having received my Ultreo a few days ago, I can honestly say I really like using it and I love the way my teeth feel afterwards. They literally look polished, like after a professional cleaning. And NO tooth/gum sensitivity!! I even think they are starting to look whiter. And I don't have difficulty making it through the recommended two minutes, like I did with the sonicare. When I go to floss, no residue is apparent- it seems the ultrasonic waves get to all the stuff that needs to be gotten, and my teeth feel really clean.

The only thing is that I am still getting used to managing the liquid that forms without drooling on myself... but so far I've been looking forward to using the Ultreo every morning despite this minor challenge, and I have been told by other electric brush users that this is something that you get used to and isn't a problem after a while.
on May 9, 2008
This brush changed my opinion about my own teeth... Now I know - they my be white and clean and leave an absolute feeling of joy every morning and evening I'm looking in mirror after brushing. I hated my own smile's view during last 15 years - yellow, dirty with spots of different colors; I had to visit my dental hygienists every 3 month with no hope for better, a week after cleaning - the same ugly smile. It's all changed within less than two months. My teeth are white and I'm having a real (almost physical) pleasure looking at my teeth after brushing. This is NO commercial - I'm 100% real and this brush is has done it. Yes, I've used Braun's 3D excel (Oral B) for 2 years with no effect and after that I used Phillips Sonicare (with built-in in the handle replaceable toothpaste tubes) - feels much better than Braun's Oral-B, but had no effect on my teeth either. If you consider buying this brush (the best choice even if your teeth are much better than mine) - buy it together with some water picking device - such a combination (I use water pick on mornings only) completely changed my tooth' (gums) look a feel. Enjoy.
on November 9, 2008
I've been through Oral B and Sonicare. Both are good, but don't match the Ultreo. I agree with a previous reviewer that even the packaging (ala Apple) is an experience in quality.

I have "crowded" bottom teeth and, even after flossing, I always felt like I have food or something still hung up in there. With the Ultreo, I never have that feeling.

At first I was leery of this product. My dentist recommended it the last time I was in for a cleaning and I thought, "Yeah, she must be getting a pretty good cut....." But I went ahead and purchased one.

It's been three months now since my cleaning and my teeth still look and feel like they did when I left her office....whiter than ever and always with that "just polished" feel.

It's not cheap, but the replacement heads are not that expensive and, in the long run, I'm sure it will pay for itself in lower dental bills. I highly recommend!
on September 19, 2010
I've been an Ulteo user for years and before I found Ulteo I thought it was "normal" for my gums to bleed a little now and then. No way! They're never supposed to bleed and ever since I've been using the Ulteo, my gums and teeth have been healthy and clean. No matter what brush you use, you are still supposed to floss, and I do, and there still is NO bleeding! I wish the parts weren't so expensive and that they were still in business. The scoop is that there was a patent problem and the Sonic Toothbrush has therefore been able to replace the Ultreo market. I've bought a Sonic TB and will do my own comparison since I will eventually need to find a replacement electric TB as Ulteo brush-heads become more scarce.
on September 1, 2016
Replacement brushes were expensive and now nearly impossible to find. If found, the price is so absurd you can buy other complete ultrasonic tooth brushes currently on market for the same price as the replacement heads.
on October 21, 2008
I bought this appliance a month ago with high hopes.Unfortunately, I have now abandoned it in favor of my old toothbrush, a Sonicare. The Ultreo was simple to use and the battery lasted well on a 10 day vacation without its charger, but my cleaning results were unsatisfactory. Plaque built up on my teeth while using the Ultreo and the situation was getting worse, not better. It felt like I needed more "oomph" from the Ultreo in its brushing. Upon going back to the Sonicare, I was able to get things under control. I have no idea if I got any benefit from the ultrasonic stimulation of my gums. This is an attractive product with good potential. It just did not work well for me.
on March 9, 2014
Gentlepersons: I realize this is not Amazon's fault, however, the Ultreo IUltrasound Toothbrush I received from you sounded like
it had a "bad transmission" from the get go....and then it died.

I always recommend your service, but I can not recommend this product. Thank you
on January 2, 2015
Love this toothbrush. My teeth feel so clean after using, and my dentist has seen a change in my teeth during my yearly visits. Unfortunately, the company was forced out of business by Sonicare. It was more expensive to buy from Amazon, but was well worth it. Couldn't live without this toothbrush