Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.95 shipping
Umbra Conceal Floating Bookshelf, Large, Silver
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- UNIQUE, INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Conceal floating bookshelves will transform the way you store and display your favorite books. By stacking them on to the sturdy metal L-shaped shelf, the shelf will become hidden behind the books – this allows them to appear as though they are floating on your wall
- SPACE-SAVING SOLUTION: Unlike conventional free-standing bookshelves, Conceal Floating Shelves allows you to utilize empty wall space. They are perfect for small spaces and awkward walls that are not quite large enough for a traditional wall bookshelf
- EASY TO INSTALL: Conceal Floating Bookshelves are easy to install and come with all necessary hardware for quick installation
- AWARD WINNING DESIGN: Designed by Miron Lior for Umbra, Conceal won the Umbra-Pratt Design Competition in 2006 and a portion of the proceeds from each sale is donated to the Pratt Institute
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Umbra is committed to the highest levels of quality and excellence and stand behind every product we make. We know you’re going to love your purchase but if you’re not completely thrilled for any reason (or even no reason at all), simply contact us within 30 days of receiving your order and we’ll happily resolve the matter or issue a full refund
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Never have a boring wall in your house again — with this award winning floating shelf from Umbra, you can transform any wall, in any room, into a custom library for storing and displaying your favorite books.
Introducing Conceal Bookshelf by Umbra
The Conceal wall shelf is a floating bookcase that become invisible once stacked with books. Attach it to your wall (using the included mounting hardware) then slide the sturdy metal shelf between the back cover and pages of a book to create a base for additional books to be stacked upon. Once you’ve secured the back cover into the holding lips, place additional books on top until the sturdy metal shelf is hidden from view. Your books will appear to be floating on the wall!
In a bedroom, or other tiny space that is too small for bulky tables you can fasten Conceal to the wall and instantly create a small shelf to sit items upon - such as collectables or your cellphone.
Conceal Book Shelf (Small) measures 5 x 5 x 5 ½ inches and holds up to 15 lbs.
Conceal Book Shelf (Large) measures 5 ½ x 7 x 6 ½ inches and holds up to 20 lbs.
For a truly unique, space-saving small wall shelf order the Conceal small shelf for wall today!
About Umbra: A global product design company providing original, modern, casual and functional design for the home.
Showing 1-8 of 1,053 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This will work great if you’re like me and have larger-but-still-light books. I initially have it right above my bed, but I will need to move it because I already hit my head just going to put my books on it (haha!) My thought for purchasing this single shelf was to have some books above my bed for ease of reading and then to place my phone on top of, as opposed to stuffing it under my pillow while charging overnight, which I know isn’t that safe to do.
Overall, it met my expectations, but thank goodness I had a book that fit. I bought the large, white shelf.
I looked at a lot of reviews to figure out the best hanging/invisible shelf and I am glad I found this, my only concern was how fragile they were going to be while taking the books on and off the shelf. Thankfully the shelf holds up well to movement, the bottom book stays where it is supposed to when removing books. You have to be conscious of the fact that the books under the one you're taking can't stray to fall from the wall obviously, that will cause the books to tumble but it's never happened to me.
Another concern is how many books it can hold, i mean a shelf that holds 3 books is pretty worthless to me. These shelves can hold 6, 7 or 8 normal hard covered books, anymore and it gets dicey. That's more than enough though since I bought 6 of them and staggered them about the place. It's a nice sturdy little shelf that will bring you compliments all day due to its floating invisibly on your wall. You can't see it at all once the books are on it.. I am ordering more and will look at the other kinds of shelves from Umbra. I think they have a double shelf as well. Stop thinking, buy this shelf and be done with it, you'll be happy you did!
1. Major lack of installation instructions for a novice builder or DIY'er.
2. Description clearly states that there is no need to drill into a beam, and the shelves even come with a drywall anchor. Sadly it is not so simple, after failing 3 times to get the supplied anchor to stay in the wall i took the shelf to home depot and was advised to buy and use a better anchor which i'm successfully using now.
1. The design is awesome, we have 4 on one wall and they look amazing, consistently admired buy guests...
2. Load capacity, currently have 6-7 medium and large books on it, and it holds great (granted if you actively shake the books or push down it feels a bit wobbly but still sturdier than i had expected)