Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Umbra Wallflutter Adhesive Wall Decor, Nickel, Set of 20
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Color: Nickel|Change

on August 27, 2010
I am a self-confessed 'dragonfly nut'. Got 'em everywhere, inside and outside the house. Well... I can always use more. So anyhoo there was a blank wall in the stairwell of our finished basement... mint green color, but it lacked any personality. Enter my search here on Amazon and up popped these dragonflies. The brushed nickel finish exactly matches the lighting and switchplates we have installed; and they are high quality... no fear of them breaking. Yes they are plastic, but they have to be, in order to be lightweight. The beautiful thing is, even if you mess up with your display (such as, if you space them too far apart or something), you just pull the pin out of the wall and put it in where you want it. VERY tiny hole - the size of a tack? Easy to hammer in, too. To touch up that mint paint I just used a q-tip, very easy. Also the packaging was very very nice; the dragonflies are grouped in 4's - one of each size (large, medium, small, and tiny). You can group them however you want once you get them unwrapped though. I bought two sets of these dragonflies because as I said I am obsessed with them... the other set I plan on using around the house, grouping 2 or 3 of the dragonflies together in little wall-groupings. Also another nice note: the sets include extra hardware - the little tacks, the little black bumpers that go onto the tacks - for good reason - they are very tiny, and for those of us who have clumsy hands and drop things (especially on a stairwell... bouncy bouncy away!), the extras were nice to have just in case one of the many pins I dropped went the way of the socks in our household and disappeared forever. I think this would make an awesome gift for someone who likes dragonflies, or even is looking for a unique and easy-to-set-up wall decor, and the brushed nickel perfectly matches the real nickel items the dragonflies are right next to! Amazon shipped them very fast; I received them two days after placing my order. They're even guy-friendly... my hubby said, "that looks really cool" when he came home to see we have dragonflies flying up our stairwell wall. =-)
on October 19, 2009
The dragonflies look exactly as shown. I just wanted to mention that they are not metal, but plastic. However, they do look like brushed nickel from the front. I'm looking forward to using them.
on March 11, 2016
Absolutely love these Wallflutter Dragonflies! They were the perfect finishing touch to my newly created home office! The nickel finish worked perfectly with the neutral color palette I have for my office. Based on reviews about the adhesive that comes with the product pulling paint off the walls, I opted to use the 3M Command Strips instead in the hopes they would be less damaging to the paint. Fingers crossed that these don't damage the paint when I take them down in a year when it's time to move! :) I used the medium sized Picture and Frame Hanging strips and cut them into small pieces to fit on the backs of the dragonflies. I just finished putting them up a few minutes ago, so I can't comment on how well they will actually stay on the wall, but so far they are all holding well. These were easy to hang and arrange, and they look gorgeous! I have attached a few pictures as a reference.
review image review image review image
on March 23, 2014
i purchased these about 3 years ago and just purchased more. Yes, you have to put the "tack" (I don't think they are nails really) into the grove on the dragonflies tummy. And then, gently push in. I did not need to use a hammer. I put them "flying" around my bathroom in front of and up around our new shower. They look fantastic. Everyone comments and in fact we just sold our house (we just bought another) and the woman who bought this current house kept remarking about the dragonflies (our realtor said). She loved them. I even had put a few inside the little "commode" room as if some had flown from near the shower into the toilet area. Anyway, after 3 years I never ever had even one fall down. To put them up I did take my time and it did take a time or to for me to get the hang of it. But they are gorgeous, and the different sizes of them give such an incredible effect ! Classy, elegant even ! So in moving to a new house with an slightly larger bathroom I am going to add a few to my "swarm". Since this new house has 2 1/2 baths I may even add a few to the other bathrooms or perhaps just a few somewhere else in the house! They are so different. For the person who had to "hang a picture to hide the holes he made" trying to put these up ... well I am very confused. First the holes aren't that big ! and a bit of wall putty would have covered them up without any problem. Heck how many holes did you make ! Wow Anyway, The holes will be perhaps a tad larger that a pushpin which is really what they are in my opinion. So, take your time, put the pins on and off a few times from the dragonflies to just get familiar with them and I think you will be happy ! This is not rocket science, but it IS a way to really put up a unique decoration. We love them!!!

5/24/14 I did not use this new pack until after I moved. I had been using a previous set purchased about 2 years ago. as I said I have had no problem with the small holes the tacks put in the wall. When I opened this set it has adhesive to stick them on the wall. Very disappointed. When I did this and then we to adjust/move 2 of them I found the adhesive left a spot/stain on the wall! Far prefer when they came with small tacks.
on March 14, 2010
My wife ordered these for our baby's room (don't worry, she (the baby) shouldn't be able to reach them for quite some time). They are very cool. They look just like brushed nickel. They are easy to install and add a lot of pizazz to the room. You have to put in a nail for each one, so you do need to put 20 nail holes in your wall, but I think it is worth it. The nails are the thickness of a typical picture hanging nail, but they have a big head on them to snap the dragon flies on. They are nice and 3-dimensional, and look just like the picture on amazon.
on September 18, 2014
These look very nice. They were easy to put up. They do look like metal, you can't tell from a distance that they are plastic. The adhesive is stronger than I thought it would be. I placed these on wooden posts in an outdoor pavillion. I tried to move one after adhering it to the wood, because I didn't like where I put it. It wouldn't come off. That's a good thing for me, in an outdoor setting, but for an inside wall, it could be a problem if you change your mind about having them there. I imagine if you tried to take them down, it would pull the paint and possibly ruin drywall. Just be sure you have it where you want them before you apply pressure to adhere them.
on June 28, 2015
Great product. I'd give them 5 stars if they were really stainless steel. But they look great and install easy. I'll update if I find the adhesive isn't strong enough as some of the other reviewers suggested. Placing them so they interact with a single light source works nicely. Packaging was a little excessive but they did arrive in great shape.
review image
on July 11, 2013
I was so excited to get them on the wall but I was worried the double stick tape that goes on the plastic pieces that snap on would not stay on my walls the description says it comes with tacks but I called the actual company where they are made and they said they no longer sell the tacks only the sticky tabs come with them well so far I have been surprised they are staying fine and they look gorgeous I am so excited about them I just want to go to the bathroom just so I can look at them I truly love them they do look elegant and I love dragonflies so if they fall off I will get some of that 3m sticky tape from the stores and I am sure that will do the job I just wish they would revise their description of how the tacks come with because they don't and besides I don't want holes everywhere it says they came in 4 different sizes my seem to be 3 sizes its hard to tell but they look great I think any one would love them they really look very nice
on October 27, 2013
I love the Umbra products. They are very well done. These dragonflies are made of plastic and they are flawless. I really like the way my baby's bedroom turn out :)
I like the fact that there are different sizes in this set, so it gives some movement to whatever design you choose to do.
review image
on August 15, 2016
I bought these not sure what I was going to do with them and ended up with some up in my living room and my bedroom. I love them. They are plastic but look like metal. They easily attach with some putty and can be rearranged at will. I thought they were a good value and added something nice and happy where I needed it.