Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
UnMarketing: Everything Has Changed and Nothing is Different Paperback – October 10, 2016
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
UnMarket to build trust and make lifelong customers!
In 2009, Scott Stratten and Alison Stratten wrote the bestselling UnMarketing: Stop
Marketing, Start Engaging and began a journey that would take them around the world sharing their message of engagement with corporations, entrepreneurs, and students.They are now back with this second edition, because Everything has Changed and Nothing is Different, with all the brilliance of the first edition, plus new content and commentary to reflect the rapidly changing landscape we all live, buy, and work in today.
For generations, marketing has been hypocritical. We've been taught to market to others in ways we hate being marketed to (cold-calling, flyers, ads, etc.). So why do we still keep trying the same stale marketing moves?
UnMarketing shows you how to unlearn the old ways and consistently attract and engage the right customers. You'll stop just pushing out your message and praying that it sticks somewhere. Potential and current customers want to be listened to, validated, and have a platform to be heard-especially online. With UnMarketing, you'll create a relationship with your customers, and make yourself the logical choice for their needs. We know you've been told to act like other people, talk like other people, and market like all the people, but it is time for you to unlearn everything and start to UnMarket yourself.
UnMarketing includes the latest information on:
Idea Creation, Viral Marketing and Video, Marketing to Millennials, Authenticity, Transparency and Immediacy, Ethics and Affiliates, Social Media Platforming, UnPodcasting, Word of Mouth, Customer Service, Consumer Advocacy and Leadership.
With examples of what to do, and what not to do, from small business right up to worldwide corporations in areas such as real estate, travel, service, retail, and B2B.
About the Author
SCOTT STRATTEN and ALISON STRATTEN are cohosts of not only The UnPodcast, but five children, two dogs, and two cats. The original UnMarketing was the first of four bestselling books they've written together, which contain their thoughts on the changing world of business through their experiences of entrepreneurship, two degrees (Alison), not lasting long as an employee (both), and screaming at audiences around the world (Scott, Alison is more restrained). They were put on this earth to remind the world that not all Canadians are passively polite. Businesses like PepsiCo, Saks Fifth Avenue, IBM, Cirque du Soleil, Microsoft, and others have been brave enough to want their advice, to the point that Scott has been named one of the Top 5 Social Media Influencers in the world by Forbes.com. They now spend their time keynoting around the world and realize they rank 10th and 11th in order of importance in their home.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- They have the best footnotes ever. Gasp. They actually make you laugh.
- They use lots of examples so you can see other people puking up terrible ads (and then ask yourself if you've been a jackhole like that)
- It's all about being human - that you're always marketing, even when you're commenting on Aunt Sally's vacation photo. It reminds me of how I tell people they're always interviewing at work. It's the concept that you're always creating the experience of who you are to the rest of the world.
- Yes, if you already bought the book in 2009, you need to buy it again. Get over that. It's pocket change. And you don't really need a Foursquare strategy right now, do you?
- It's almost 300 pages, so you might get scared. It's okay, they make it fun. Or maybe that's just my issue. Long books scare me. Okay, yes, it is my personal issue.
- They will call you on behaviors that make you look in the mirror. Yes I have a Pinterest account and I don't really use it much. Yet I have a "social media presence" there that is linked from my website. They tell you that's a bonehead move because you're not present for the conversation and the community there.
Most recent customer reviews
First point: Sincerity and simplicity
Scott shows mistakes that marketers following a...Read more