Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 2, 2014
This is a story that needed telling as it depicts a totally unbelievable portrait of a man whose inner strength is difficult for us ordinary people to comprehend. It is so well written that I was immediately drawn into the story as it was told and finally had to keep reminding myself that the events detailed actually occurred. Amazing.
on June 16, 2013
I would recommend this book to everyone. It was absolutely the best book that I had to read in high school, and I am so glad that I was introduced to Laura Hillenbrand. She is an amazing author, and the story of Louie stays with you for a long time. I cried many times reading this book because it stirs so much emotion that I couldn't help being sucked into the action. Hillenbrand did her research and gives her readers a true story that keeps them hooked to the very end. I learned so much from this book, and I do hope you read it. You won't regret it!
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2015
This is such a harsh story. It got inside me and I had to put it down and walk away from it when I was only half way through it. I finally returned to it about a month later to complete it very quickly. I'm still shocked by the experience...
on January 15, 2015
One of the best books I have ever read - I thank God my Dad fought in Europe and not Japan. This brought tears and laughter, and a higher respect for our veterans.
One person found this helpful
on August 19, 2017
This story was truly an unbelievable account of things we never can imagine happening. Words cannot describe the feelings encompassed in this story. Excellent read and a wonderful insight of things untold. I have a deeper affection, respect and awe for our veterans.
on April 17, 2014
“Unbroken” by Laura Hillenbrand is a fantastic story putting your emotions on a roller coaster of delight and fear for the remarkable Louie Zamperinni. This book tells you Louie’s life story and his experiences during WW2 and as a Runner in the Olympics. This story is not for the light hearted as it talks about Louie’s painful and torturous experiences in the Japanese Prisoner Camps. Besides all of the dark experiences, Louie is a most powerful and moving character who never backs down and always has hope no matter how hopeless the situation is. He is deserving of the title of this book, “Unbroken”
on July 25, 2014
fabulous story of the real effects of war. I had heard of the atrocities during WW II on both sides. I figured that both sides did a lot of bad stuff in this area. I am apalled at the way Japenese soldiers were taught to approach war and prisoners. Appalling but educational.
on January 25, 2014
This story should be told in a movie. If it wasn't a true story, it would be too unbelievable. But the research is there to back up the story. I read it when it first came out, then read it again over the holidays this year. One man's amazing life journey mixed in with the horror of war.
on April 23, 2015
5 stars for story, 3 stars for writing style = 4 stars
Shocking, mindblowing story. I worked briefly with a VA patient who was POW in the Bataan Death March. He was well into his 80s and remembered every detail, just like Louis Zamperini. Why is there still war?
on August 8, 2017
What an amazing true story. I could not put it down.