BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on February 5, 2014
Not sure what to say. This review is being done on February 2014. I have been a fan of the series since Uncharted 1. And love it. Great story line, dialog and great characters and voice actors as well as facial animation. This is a late review since I forgot to review it originally when I first bought the game at launch. The Amazon purchase was my 2nd copy and have not regretted anything. The online is a little crazy or how some friends say "to quick". But personally, I enjoy it more than FPS because its 3rd person view. As of 2013 the last patch was introduced which unlocks all Multiplayer maps for those of you that did not get the game of the year edition. The online you really need to get use to and dedicate time to learn it. There is a slight difficult learning curve but possible to master. There was a time I just died over and over till it all just hit me one day and I started to dominate. The Uncharted series is a must have for any Playstation owner.
on December 10, 2013
I'm a fan of the series. This is actually my first Uncharted game to ever own and I received it on the day it came out because it was offered as a release day delivery for shipping. Before the game came out, it had a big deal advertisement on Subway. What I mean is that, you can get a code to access the multiplayer beta early until it closes when the game is near its release date. Let me tell ya, I really had fun playing the multiplayer portion of the game and without a doubt, I would enjoy the story when I play in single player. I know that mostly everyone's favorite is the second of the series and don't get me wrong, it was amazing but I like Uncharted 3 more for some reason. Maybe because it reminded me of Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade, who knows. I did bought the Fortune Hunter's Club, which is kinda of a season pass for future DLC. It's what Naughty Dog is doing to their Last of Us game. By the way, another amazing game by the same game developing company who created the Uncharted series. The graphics are top notch for a PS3 game and ND (Naughty Dog) always pushes the limit of the power of the PS3. I have played the game under the hardest difficulty which is crushing mode. Everyone is saying that it's not accessible until you beat it on hard mode but when I got the game on the day it came out, it was already available. Naughty Dog even clarified that you can play the game under crushing mode.
If you're new to the series and you're getting on to this game after finishing the previous two, then get on with it! Don't listen to others, saying it's bad or whatever. Take it from me, play the game yourself and see if it's good or not. But let me tell ya, I have an enjoyable experience and the idea of searching the Iram of the Pillars was a fantastic adventure! Sure, it has some flaws but I could even point out some stuff on the second game as well. Who am I to say that? But seriously, start up the game and try. It doesn't hurt. It's a good game, nevertheless.
on December 15, 2011
I will try and make my review quick and to the point, as you can find many reviews of the game online.

The Uncharted series is easily one of my favorite series and this game complements the other two games nicely. However, unlike the 2nd game (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves), this one seemed to have an incomplete, rushed story. There were too many questions left at the end of the game that needed a deeper explanation or were just completely unanswered. Plus I felt the game did a great job of sidetracking you, it was a lot of fun and very nicely done, yet when you got back on track for the main goal, it seemed incomplete.

In their goal of trying to be different from the prior games, they took a side path to mix things up and keep things interesting, but they seemed to have forgotten that the main story needs depth and explanation as well.

An Additional note is that Naughty Dog should try and fix the accuracy of the game, there were far too many times were an enemy was in my sights yet the bullets missed. Nothing terrible but it was a little irritating.

Overall it's a great game and a must have for any Uncharted fan. However I am still hoping Naughty Dog will release some additional (whether as for pay added content or free) that will help flesh out the main story, explain what happened with Nate and Elena, and just answer some of those remaining, nagging, questions.
on October 5, 2012
I want to be honest with you guys. Before I bought this game I knew I wouldn't like it like the other Uncharted Games.. I mean, I saw some reviews here at Amazon and I still bought the game. Why? you might ask, and the answer is because this game, the story part is very fun. It is true that it is the same in all uncharted (hunter, guns, demolition, boss fight, monsters etc..) But the performance of this game is great and I don't regret a bit buying this game. The problem is that for me (a Single Player fan) Naughty Dog focused too much in the Multiplayer, leaving behind the excitement of the main story. I must say, it's not like Uncharted 2, the difference is that Uncharted 2 is more long than Uncharted 3 and the story keeps you sit down for a while. Uncharted 3 has some plus, like the *SPOILER ALERT* fighting skills, I almost spent all the gun fights in "hand-to-hand combat" because it was a lot of fun and easier to kill the bad guys. Watch up staying in Cover because in this game the enemies will flank you, and if you are not careful.. well, you know what will happen.. Colorless Screen!
on August 6, 2013
The Uncharted series is undoubtedly one of the most welcome new IPs that the seventh generation of video games brought with it. Each title has been exhilarating, fresh, and exciting. They're just flat-out fun games.

Uncharted 3 has come on the heels of Uncharted 2 (obviously) and while it is a solid title, it's just that - really good. This is somewhat expected but somewhat disappointing. Expected in that it's just hard to follow up the crescendo that is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 2 had beautiful locales, great "set-pieces, (for lack of a better term, because I hate this one....) and a decent sized campaign (about 10+ hours). Disappointing in that its biggest sin is being the follow up to Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 3 has about an 8 hour campaign, decent locales, and somewhat predictable, and seemingly very scripted, set pieces. (I swear if I saw another ladder break as soon as Drake touched I was going to start laughing.) Admittedly, the plane sequence, which seems ripped straight from the James Bond movie "The Living Daylights", was awesome. However, the cruise liner flood sequence was a step too far out of reality for me.

Gripes aside from the set pieces, Uncharted 3 is your standard fare in Uncharted gameplay. Platforming elements are unchanged - you either jump where you are supposed to go to advance the plot or die - and gun fights still come frequently. Gun mechanics were revised though; aiming was quite "floaty" and imprecise when the game debuted. An update to the game fixed this issue but now it's too stiff especially when compared to back-to-back sessions with the rest of the series. (I played them all in order prior to this review.)

Graphics are on par with Uncharted 2 and its hard to fathom how Naughty Dog could have squeezed more power out of the PS3 for this game. Uncharted 2 allegedly used 95% of the Cell processor's power.

I think the music is the strongest in this entry of the series though. It has an Arab flair that accompanies the desert and Middle Eastern settings quite appropriately. Other orchestral tracks fit the typical Uncharted vibe of high adventure and swashbuckling.

All in all, it is a great addition to the series and a nice send off for the series on the PlayStation 3 platform.
on April 29, 2014
Uncharted's singleplayer campaign set the bar pretty high in terms of both story and gameplay. Uncharted 2 raised that bar, and added online multiplayer. So Uncharted 3 had some pretty big shoes to fill.

And... it did, mostly. The singleplayer campaign had some really amazing setpieces, but the overall story wasn't quite up to par with that of Uncharted 2. But Uncharted 3 more than made up for that with its very solid multiplayer. Uncharted 2's multiplayer suffered from update creep: every update tweaked the settings until it became (in my opinion) practically unplayable. The weapon damage to health ratio rose so high that multiplayer matches basically devolved into running through the level as fast as you can and hoping to see the other guy first, since whoever got off an accurate shot first won. Uncharted 3's multiplayer is considerably more balanced, and adds in some new modes and stage elements that make it a lot more fun.

Overall, I think Uncharted 3 more than makes up for its flaws to stand proudly with the other games in the francise.
on February 21, 2014
This game comes SO close to Uncharted 2 in terms of pure unadulterated adventure. There's just a bit too much gunk in the narrative that clogs up the works.

Don't get me wrong, story is key to me as a gamer. If you are a Call of Duty Game and just tell me to go from point A to point B for some asinine target (read: all Call of Duty Games) then I will be returning you to Red Box with a frown on my face. I crave story and a feeling of immersion in the character arcs presented in that story. However, did we really want to know where Drake came from?

Drake was the gamer's perspective into the lush world he inhabits. He had a bold personality, but his mysterious back story helped make us desperately want to be his friend, and want to BE him. The added baggage of knowing he had a terrible childhood doesn't help or hinder our caring about his fate...it just slows things down.

Yeah, part 2 was a little too much 'BANG! BOOM!' instead of thrills...but while this game gets the action right, it carries just as much bloat from the story...and again...to me...that's the important part.
on April 12, 2013
I loved the past "Uncharted" games but I did have my reservations. Too much jumping from ledge to ledge, puzzles that you would have to be a CIA agent to solve, cut scenes that were enjoyable but long. The games always had great graphics and great camera controls and shooting schemes and the epic music was memorable. But this installment blew me away! Apparently the game designers, unlike EA, take their customers concerns more seriously. There is just enough jumping from ledge to ledge to let you know you are playing a Uncharted game. The puzzles are intuitive yet not too simple and the longest cut scene lasts one minute, if even that long. The exceptional graphics are somehow improved. But it is in the area of the engaging and tense game play that this installment shines. And thank God the button mashing is kept to a minimum. It really is a game of strategy. The improvement in game play is the best area of improvement I have seen in any game. The game controls are spot on. This has always been my favorite all time game on any console. The story line keeps you fully engaged and wondering what is going to happen next. Who is going to decieve who? Who can be trusted? The only complaint others might have, though to me it is a plus, the game can be comnpleted in 15 hours. Yes, so what if there are games that take 150 hours to play. That is 150 hours taken out of your real life that could have been time better spent in investing time and energy in your real life. The ending is spectacular! You really feel you have accomplished something heroic by the end of the game. I can't wait for the next installment. Though this one is going to be near impossible to beat!
on January 26, 2013
Uncharted 3 is a great game. It's graphics are beautiful, often leaving one to want to look around the environment just to take in the sights of the locale that you are currently in. The gameplay is just as good as it was in Uncharted 2, shooting mechanics, takedowns, running, jumping, and plat forming are all still well oiled machines that make Nathan Drake an exploration master. However, Uncharted 3 suffers from two problems: a weak story and especially in the second half, breaking down into a death march of enemy encounters. The story element of Uncharted 3 is decent, but it has a feeling of never quite making sense as to how the characters get from point A to point B. Uncharted 2 is a picture perfect example of a well narrated and logical story that never left me going, "wait, how did we get here?" Over the numerous locations that Uncharted 3 gets to, I was continually left wondering how our intrepid heroes figured out this was the place to go or what do to.

Finally, the second problem that Uncharted 3 has is the breakdown and loss of the exploration and puzzle elements in the second half that turns into a death march of enemy encounters. From the pirate ship location until the end, nearly every single level you explore it simply you having to memorize all the enemy locations in a given encounter, kill them all, run to the next encounter where again you'll be inexplicably attacked by numerous enemies, and then you just rinse and repeat. This becomes particularly obnoxious when you will barely survive an encounter and then get sot from behind by an enemy you swear was just spawned in to kill you. It starts to feel unfair in that you just have to memorize over and over again where the enemy will come from in order to stay alive.

Pros
-Graphically, this game does not fail to blow your mind
-Many, many moments of, "holy snap, that was awesome!"
-Some good puzzles to solve and finding the treasures continues to be a blast

Cons
-Weaker story over all
-Second half of the game breaks down into one enemy ambush after another

VERDICT: Play this game, but borrow it from a friend or wait until it drops in price. This game still has the Uncharted polish and spectacular moments to it, but it suffers from a weaker story and later mechanics break down.
on January 1, 2013
I absolutely had a blast playing Uncharted 2. Everything about it was exceptional. The story, the acting, the puzzles, the combat, the music, the graphics. Everything. Uncharted 3 is no different. I thought that Naughty Dog may have reached the peak of their potential during Uncharted 2, but now I am sure that their peak is yet to come. Uncharted 3 is everything I wanted a game to be.

While Lazarevic as the bad guy in Uncharted 2 will probably never be topped (he was the perfect bad guy with his deep voice and everything), many other things that I thought could never be topped were topped in Uncharted 3. The graphics are as realistic and vibrant as ever. Many times I can almost feel the sand hitting my face, but hopefully not the bullets! The physics are really good too. On the few levels with waves I was amazed at how real the water looked. The good ol' Uncharted crew is back and ready for more too. Expect more of those memorable lines that will have you laughing.

I'll leave the details of the story for you to find out, but let me just say the search is for the Atlantis of the Sands and I was entertained along the many locations visited, such as Columbia, France, Syria, England, and more. As for the action, well it's better than ever. The hand-to-hand has undergone an upgrade, now enabling Nate to counter enemies and in some cases smash objects into their heads. All those trusty weapons that saved your butt before are back too. And they are just as fun to use. And Uncharted wouldn't be Uncharted if there weren't those super-close-I-can't-believe-Nate-just-did-that moments. Some of which take place in completely new and extremely fun locations like on a ship or on a plane. Just look at the cover of the game to get a hint of what happens to the plane (and it was fun to do, maybe the most fun part of the game)!

Another thing Uncharted excels at is puzzles. They are back as well. And of course, Nate's little handy clue book is back to. The puzzles are not too hard and are always fun to crack. Some of them are very interesting. Oh a little side note here: you might want to think twice about getting this if you really hate spiders. That's all I'm going to say about that. And of course the music is great too. Heart pumping at times and pretty to listen to at others.

Overall I give Uncharted 3 a 5/5. I was very pleased with this game. It even surpassed my expectations which were pretty high after playing the second installment. I would recommend this to any action and adventure loving gamer who is ready to beat the bad guy (and lady) and figure out the mystery. Great job Naughty Dog.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.