Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 20, 2014
"Uncle Buck" has me laughing out loud everytime & I rarely laugh out loud. John Candy was a master at "heard & seen" comedy. What a sweet/incredibly talented man. A simple story you already know the ending is sometimes the most enjoyable. As a teenager I would've given anything to have had an Uncle Buck to wreck havoc on some teenage boy's egotistical little life. A reviewer called the film rude & cruel. The horrible vice president was ugly on the inside & choose to be ugly on the outside. Weren't you ever a kid or teenager the world stomped all over? No parents to ignore you? Rude & cruel is the only fitting retaliation. Rejoice that Laurie Metcalf isn't still playing sad/pathetic/helpless women. As Mrs. Cooper she has control over & is incredibly kind to Shelton & his friends. She don't take no nonsense. Hitting Shelton over the head w/a bible cause he wouldn't eat his brussel sprouts isn't any worse than your mom making you stay at the table until you ate yours...
on July 1, 2017
Uncle Buck is a John Candy classic. It maybe a bit dated, but still very funny. I really enjoyed Mr. Candy and thought him to be one of the funniest guys I had ever watched perform. He never thought of himself that way, which is one of the reasons I always loved him.
VINE VOICEon April 18, 2016
I love this movie! It hits the heart is several key moments. Many people don't realize this this is what inspired the Home Alone Series with McCauly Caulkin. John Candy's brilliance is on display throughout as well. The family themes in the movie are pretty realistic and touching as well.

5 Stars. One of my favorite movies!

Barton Breen
on June 10, 2017
On Mother's Day many years ago my daughter cooked lunch for me while I was at church, gift-wrapped the door and put a Huge card on it. When I went in she had the table set and a meal prepared and Uncle Buck was on the table. This movie has been a Mother's Day tradition ever since.
on April 19, 2014
Uncle Buck is an all-time family favorite that never grows outdated. This is the story of 3 children who are looked over for awhile by their Uncle Buck when their parents have to leave. The teenage girl who is "too cool" thinks Uncle Buck is a dumb jerk, rolls her eyes, makes fun of him, and is totally uncooperative. She feels humiliated by having to ride in his smoking beat-up old car and by everything else about her uncle.

The movie unfolds w/teen girl vs Uncle Buck until the breaking point, which shows us all the value of love and family.
on May 20, 2017
My absolute favorite John Candy movie. My ex and I used to watch this movie religiously - even taking it with us on trips when we'd stay in hotels and needed movies to watch.

A very lighthearted, funny and thought provoking film!
review image
on October 27, 2007
The movie 'Uncle Buck' is one of my daughter's favorites...
A big fan of John Candy, she has been asking for this one for a long time, so I finally purchased it for a Christmas gift for her.
I love this movie, myself, having been a fan also from way back, and this movie does not disappoint.
From start to finish, with the entire cast, the story is endearing and human...
In the beginning, when Uncle Buck first comes to stay, one is given the impression that he is a ne'er do well, down on his luck and on the verge of losing his life's love, due to a lack of wanting to commit to her.
When he gets the call from his brother and sister-in-law to babysit their three children, as the two of them have to go out of town, he agrees to come for a few days, much to the dismay of the kids...and what follows is a series of events, escalating in both hilarity and warmth.
By the end, he has become both the hero to his girlfriend and the legendary 'favorite Uncle' to his nephew and nieces.
I highly recommend this movie to anyone who is looking for a fun ride in John Candy fashion...I promise you will not regret it!
on January 10, 2017
the blue ray looks great! i have always loved this movie i absolutely love John Candy and this is surely one of my favorite's i will enjoy it for years to come
on February 21, 2006
This movie is second only to "Planes,Trains and Automobiles" in my opinion. In this film, Candy plays a "black-sheep of the family " character. He's Uncle Buck...the guy you have to have at your wedding because he's family;but is he the kind of guy that you want around the rest of the time? He's happy being happy-go-lucky and is definitely not" up to snuff" for the yuppy relatives.When a family crisis comes up, he's called upon to baby-sit for his brothers three kids in the burbs. That's when the fun begins.Suddenly an unmarried free spirit is saddled with the responsibilities of running a home and caring for three kids.Two scenes are not-to-miss. One is when Buck goes in to see the Vice Principal at his niece's school, and the other is when he takes revenge on his teen-aged niece's boy-friend!!It's CLASSIC John Candy. His parenting skills come through from somewhere and he turns out to be a huge HIT with the relatives!! I'd recommend this movie to anyone who loves to laugh!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 4, 2016
I have always liked this movie. However I hate it when it is edited for television because the kidnapping scene is taken out which is the climatic scene where Buck and his older niece finally bond. Every time it is on TV I end up watching the full unedited movie afterwards to get the TV version out of my head.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse