Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on January 17, 2015
These are a quality item at a premium price. I did a LOT of research before buying, and chose these. They're well made, and will last. they're made by someone who is obviously passionate about wooden blocks, and it shows in the details. You obviously paying extra for all those details. You can find (much) cheaper or (much) moe expensive blocks on the market. IMO these are at the expensive end of what I would buy, but I expect that if we don't lose them, my son will be able to give them to his children, and that he will *want* to.
The wood is a little softer than I would have expected. Not soft wood by any stretch, but some of the maligned sharp corners are starting to wear down after only a month of rough play, and I noticed a very small dent on one block.
These are natural wood, and they can vary in color a little bit.
I was a little bit disappointed that the animal pictured did not correspond to the alphabet letters on each block. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice. I got both the capital and small letter sets, and it's fun helping my son match the adult and baby animals. If you only get one set, get the capital. The small letters usa sans serif font that doesn't have as classics a look about it.
on March 7, 2016
I absolutely love these blocks! The best part about Uncle Goose products is they are MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!! There are very few toys you can purchase for children that are made in the states. Plus, they are made from sustainable wood and are imprinted with non-toxic, child safe ink. While there are other toy makers out there selling wood blocks for much less, there really is a difference with these and you get what you pay for. These blocks are definitely worth the extra cost!

I purchase our first set of these blocks almost 5 years ago as a 1st birthday gift for our oldest child. Since that time, these have been the most played with toy by both of our children and they still look just like new today! Our kids love the designs and all the different baby animals printed on each block. They are great now for our school age child to practice spelling words and reading words we spell out.

I purchased another set last week as a 1st birthday gift for my godchild and they will now be my go-to gift for any future baby showers. This classic toy is definitely worth the investment!
on April 28, 2014
My daughters both have "wish lists" on Amazon. These blocks were on my younger daughter's list for gifts for her little son's 2nd birthday. I had the blocks, along with other items on her list, send directly to him. I asked her how he liked them and she said that he absolutely LOVED playing with them. He sets them up, and I am sure she will use them to help him learn to spell and make miscellaneous designs with them. She is very impressed with the quality and appearance of the blocks. I am so happy that this gift has brought both joy and a bit of educational help to my little grandson, Eric. Many thanks for making these available on Amazon! May God bless you in your work and imagination! Peace be with you. Nana Dorothy
on December 28, 2015
i've given these as baby gifts twice. they're very cute and durable, but are also a gift that can grow with the child. great tool to teach letters, improve motor function and expand vocabulary (as the examples given are not your average a is for apple, b is for ball, etc). with both gifts, the mothers were able to use the blocks in maternity and baby announcements, and then also reuse as centerpieces when hosting baby showers for others. overall a very versatile and useful baby gift.
on March 19, 2015
Has a little smell to the blocks. I cannot let my daughter play with these cubes because she likes to put everything in her mouth. And I think the colors will come out. It's good for photography shots.
on March 2, 2015
These are beautiful, durable blocks. My son especially loves the little animals on them. I'm very pleased with them as well.

I did find it funny the company emphasizes they are made in the usa, but a printing error sounds like a typical made in China problem..."made the in usa" (in center background around letter). It's very small, so not too surprised the error was missed. I noticed it while appreciating the fine detail work on the blocks. Nonetheless, a great product....buy them!!!!
on July 31, 2014
Really nice sized blocks with raised letters on two sides, painted on letters on two sides and a number and a picture with it's name under the picture on the other two sides. Since these are made in the USA, I feel that the paint used on them is lead-free. All of the edges are smooth, no splinters to worry about. I always look for toys and other items that are American made and was thrilled with them when I found them. The quality of this product is worth the small extra price that I paid for them. My grandchildren have been enjoying playing with them very much.
on April 5, 2015
Love the appearance of these blocks. My one year old son enjoys stacking them, knocking them over, and toting them around in his toy cart.
My only complaint is they are made of a rather soft wood, so they get dented, scratched, and worn rather easily.
on July 29, 2014
These blocks are great. My biggest thing is that they are MADE IN THE USA. The filigree on the one side is beautiful. There are baby animals on one side, numbers on another, and letters on the others.The blocks are of great quality. My only thing is that I got these for my son who is 10 months old and teething, and so some of the paint has come off a little bit, and also it looks like they are splintering a little bit. But, that is my fault for letting him chew on them. I will be purchasing the upper case set to go along with this.
Thanks for a great purchase.
on December 18, 2013
I chose these blocks as a 1st birthday gift (now aged 2.5 yrs). I liked that the wood was actually embossed, not just painted--like blocks were when I was young. The mother of the child reports that her son learned animals, colors, and now letters and numbers from the blocks, besides just having fun building them up and knocking them down. I'm amazed by how well they hold up. He teethed on them and they still look great. She's asked for the upper case set for her daughter's first birthday. They get a big, happy recommendation from all of us.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.