Uncle Milton - Moon In My Room
|Price:||$18.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Authentically detailed 3-D lunar landscape.
- Automatic or manual function shows 12 main phases of the moon.
- MP3 download code included provides a guided tour of the moon.
- Auto shut off
- Hangs on wall
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Enjoy the shining beauty of the moon right at home with Uncle Milton's Moon in My Room. This realistic moon model hangs on your wall and lights up to show the different phases of the moon. Recommended for children ages six and older, Moon in My Room lets you experience the awe-inspiring sight of our moon at any time.
Built-in Lights Showcase the Moon's Phases
Uncle Milton's Moon in My Room features rows of lights that glow softly behind the detailed lunar surface. The lights are specially arranged to mimic the phases of the moon, going from a new moon to full moon and all the phases in between. Teach your child about the solar system while watching Moon in My Room show off the moon's progression from dark to light.
Included Remote for Easy Control
Included with Moon in My Room is an infrared remote that lets you control your moon model from across the room. The remote features buttons to turn the lights on or off, trigger each progression of the moon's phases sequentially, or set it to slowly cycle through each phase automatically.
Downloadable Moon Tour
Each Moon in My Room comes with a download code on the instruction sheet. Using this code, you can download an audio tour of the moon from UncleMilton.com. A perfect learning opportunity, you can watch your Moon in My Room cycle through its phases while listening to an informative tour of the lunar landscape.
Auto Shutoff Saves Battery Life
After 30 minutes without interruption, Moon in My Room will automatically shut off to save battery power. This lets you fall asleep to the soft glow of the moon, while conserving battery power to make sure Moon in my Room can be enjoyed for a long time.
Our testers found Moon in My Room to be both detailed and well made. The textured, domed surface was quite realistic and glowed nicely in a dim room. The included remote seems to be the only way to control the Moon unit, so it's important not to misplace it. If you do, however, replacements can be found on the Uncle Milton website.
What's in the Box
Moon unit, remote control, and instruction manual.
Moon in My Room
At a Glance:
- Features authentic lunar landscape
- Glowing lights reenact the phases of the moon
- Includes infrared remote control
- Auto shutoff to preserve battery life
- Easy to hang on a wall
- Six years and up
- Four AA batteries (not included)
- Two AAA batteries (not included)
- small Philips screwdriver
Top Customer Reviews
The moon model has a contured, textured surface. It is a couple of inches thick, curved, so it has real depth. The moon cycles through 12 different phases. I have not seen any evidence of the light turning on automatically after dark, as advertised, but it works fine manually or by activating the automatic 5-seconds per phase cycle. The moon is lit up from a light within and the plastic does not glow in the dark when it is turned off.
The Moon in My Room is advertised as appropriate for ages 6 and up, but since it's mounted on the wall I don't see why it can't go in a toddler's room as long as the remote control is secured. I will echo a previous reviewer's comment that you need to keep track of the remote, as I don't think it would work otherwise.
this product is probably more suitable for children.
I would definitely recommend rechargeable batteries! When cycling, it does tend to go through a set every couple months and uses 4 AA batteries in the moon and 2 AAA in the remote. The remote doesn't go through them as fast, and using rechargeable batteries made this a little less painful for me. (stupid AA batteries are in everything, so I already had the charger, just had to pick up some more batteries)
A lot of people are stating that it eats batteries weekly. In the almost two years we've used it, I have not found that to be the case. I seldom have to change the RECHARGEABLE batteries more than once every couple months, but we run it until it doesn't light at all not just when it starts dimming. After about a week it does get dimmer, but I feel the battery usage is acceptable. It is used nightly as a night light so it does get used regularly, though maybe not as much as some say because we control the remote usage. Also, it DOES have a power off button on the remote and will shut down after a half hour as well.
We also don't have 14' ceilings (and I am 6'5") so pulling it off the wall to replace batteries is not an issue.
I wouldn't really call it a toy, and as a plaything it is rather limited. Though it does have an educational value with the phases and really looks quite nice at night.Read more ›
- Its just smaller than the size of a dinner plate
- It lights up in phases (4 total) with a remote
- Manual Mode: It has a remote control that allows on off of each phase manually
- Auto Mode: With the remote you can put it in auto mode which cycles through the phases automatically through all the cycles in about 30 seconds
- On Off Mode: Allows you to turn on all phases on at once or turn them all off
- The moon has a light sensor that turns on the moon whenever you turn off the light.
- It turns itself off after 30 minutes automatically.
- The moon has a light sensor that turns on the moon whenever you turn off the light. This winds up having the moon on more than I'd like it to and during the day you can't tell if its on or not so this causes some battery waste.
- It uses 6 AA batteries and I've had to change them too many times to count so I've gone to rechargeable batteries...so if you hang it too high, you'll wind up having to bring out your ladder quite frequently.
- It only has one handing hole for a nail so if you want to put it on the top of your ceiling or on a slated vault wall you will have to cut an additional hole in the plastic back.
Overall, this is a great toy - my daughter adores it and it has brought quite a bit of joy to her so I highly recommend it. It's not quite perfect but the challenges with it are small compared to the joy it brings to my daughter every night.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 16 month old has been fascinated by the moon for months, so I bought her this hoping it would be a big hit, which it was. Whenever we turn it on she says "Moon! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Azure Ayres
My son loves it! Batteries last about 3 months! It's great! Has a 30 min timer on it. Use it every night!Published 7 days ago by Colten Jamieson
Just bought this as a gift for my niece's fifth birthday. Blown away by how much she loves it. She actually called me two days later (with my sister's help) and asked where I got... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
My daughter loves this moon. I would like it in my room! Looks real.Published 11 days ago by Traci Kleve
Our son LOVES it, even if I think it migtht be a little too bright, especially on full moon mode. For that reason, I'm glad it's on a timer! Read morePublished 12 days ago by pishou