Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Style Name: Star Wars Science - Lightsaber Room Light - Obi-Wan|Change
Price:$12.99+ $4.97 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 895 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,011 reviews
on August 24, 2014
freaking awesome! Perfect for my sons room! I got two, and One remote works to control both at the same time. They do shut them self's off after a while and the remote wont work to turn them back on. You have to walk up the them and press the button, then the remote will change the colors for you, or turn them off by holding down the remote button.
review image
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2016
I purchased this three times. This review is for my first purchase December (15th?), 2015.
My son loves this!
It's a great night light w/ various colors, various light saber sounds, attaches easily to the wall, and the light saber can be removed but I HIGHLY don't recommend playing with it, it would definitely break.
It comes with a convenient remote to control the lights/sounds. This was one of my sons favorite Christmas gifts last year.
So this November I purchased two more one for my nephew and one for a friend who is an avid Star Wars fan. My nephews arrived perfect but I'll have to contact Amazon because my friends wasn't so lucky.
But all in all 5 stars!!! After I figure out the return policy and seller service, check out my seller feedback/rating and packaging feedback/rating.
on March 8, 2016
Bought this for my 7yr old for Christmas 2015. He has been a Star wars nut since age 3. The light saber is cool. Changes 8 colors or you can pick just one. Only a few complaints... it turns off after only about 10-15min which sucks cause we wanted to use it as a night light. Also, it is smaller than I expected. Not too small that it's not cool, but smaller than the light saber toys. And it's thin. My son still thinks it's pretty cool and that's what matters most. He loves it. I would recommend buying.
on April 27, 2016
Oof - much smaller than I expected it to be. If your kids have any toy lightsabers (especially the cheaper versions of the "Master Replicas" (ie - the non-collapsible kind) - keep in mind - this is NOT that size. It is much much smaller. I knew it wasn't intended to be a toy, which I one reason I suspect they made it much smaller, there is not much chance anyone would want to play with this as a saber. Still, it looks cool and the assembly component was fun for the kids. A bit painful price point in retrospect considering the diminutive size (I mean, this thing would work for baby Yoda - it's like a 1/4 scale reproduction). I saw another review where a guy had just constructed his own night light saber using a standard size toy hilt. I may do that next time.
on January 17, 2014
I read some reviews about how "small" this was. It's exactly what they say it is in the description. Its the perfect novelty "night light" for a room. It's not a lamp and it's not a toy. It's a wall mounted "night light" w/ a remote. I don't understand all the negative reviews from people who thought otherwise. Did they not read the descriptions and reviews? Sciencey and informative, while being totally cool. The light is evenly dispersed throughout the blade, easy to put together and the perfect amount of light.
on April 9, 2014
I ordered two - assembled the first, it lit up briefly and went out, disassembled and checked assembly/connections/batteries, wouldn't light up again. I opened the second box, assembled, it wouldn't power on at all. I noticed at this point the stickers in the battery unit were put on differently in the second unit than the first, indicating to put a battery in "backwards" to what one would consider with a AA or AAA. After multiple building attempts and batteries inserted in every possible combination I gave up and tried using the battery "harness" from the first lightsaber in the second as it was labeled with stickers that looked logical. This lightsaber now works!

Amazon refunded and replaced the nonworking unit, the replacement had the same issue as the first. Using fresh batteries and assembling it as instructed it would not light up. After multiple attempts at rebuilding I resorted to using brute force on a fully assembled attempt, a swift palm strike to the end, it has been working ever since. Very frustrating, flimsy and I can only assume cheap components. Look great on my son's wall!!! (for what that's worth.)
on May 19, 2015
Just received, assembled, and mounted this (with screws!?) on my son's wall. After I put it up I used the remote to turn it on and discovered that it is only blue. The item description says that it has "eight color effects" and "manual and auto-spectrum modes" when in fact it does not. The remote doesn't work all of the time and I've found that it won't turn on with the remote after it's been sitting off for more than a few minutes and you have to manually turn it on to get the remote to work again. This would be okay, but I mounted it pretty high up on the ceiling over his bed. It's a piece of crap. I was planning on using it for a night light when I go to check on him but since I have to stand on his bed to turn it on and it has a very loud light saber sound effect there's no way I can turn it on while he's sleeping. Since I've already put it together and put two large screws into my wall to mount it I won't be returning it. I'm leaving it up for now. Totally deceptive description.
on March 12, 2014
I got this for my GFs kid. he absolutely loves it. The quality is really nice and everything works great. I had him convinced for a week that i had the force cuz I would hide the remote and move my hand and it'd turn on. Its great.
on November 4, 2015
My son was so excited to get these. (we ordered 2) He could hardly stand the long 2 day wait until they arrived. He had a great time putting them together all by himself & had it done in no time. I will say he was a bit disappointed because they were much smaller than he thought they were going to be but they look great on the wall anyway. I am only giving 3 stars because we were all very disappointed that the only color it has is green. It clearly states in the seller's description as well as the manufacture's "Eight color effects". After reading the packaging better, we learned that there is a "collection" of lightsabers available from this manufacturer. One of the OTHER lights actually changes colors but not this one. It sure seems misleading to me.
on December 13, 2015
This is a wonderful Star Wars item. I usually don't buy Star Wars merchandise because it's often more fun than useful. However, this room light is useful, fun to build, and gives you something to enjoy related to the Star Wars story. I've seen the reviews that talk about the product being flimsy and many times not working. I don't believe this would happen very often. I made sure I followed the instructions very carefully. I used AAA LR03 alkaline batteries (all new), and I was careful I inserted them in the correct direction. Then you only need to be careful the battery pack makes a good connection with the electronics pack, which isn't hard. The lightsaber made a noise when I hit the power button by mistake before I even put the wand on the end. The construction isn't hard, just fun. The base that hangs on the wall is sturdy plastic and it slides on an off the wall mount easily. The hilt of the lightsaber doesn't come off the base, but it is easy to hold if you want to engage in a little fun. The blue light looks cool in the dark. The remote also worked the first time, and turns the light off if you are ready to go to sleep and don't want to see it. I would highly recommend this fun product.