Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 25, 2011
This item is a tiny and dim single light that moves to project on the wall. You would be better off with a flashlight. Plus the thing is incredibly loud! I returned mine immediately. Save your money.
66 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2016
 Last Update: I contacted "Uncle Milton" regarding the, uh, "quality" of this product. I also sent them a link to this Amazon review so they could hear this piece of junk on the video I posted earlier. Uncle Milton told me that they are no longer manufacturing this product (thank goodness!). They sent me a link to their online catalog and offered to send me any other item in their product line free of charge and without shipping costs. It seems as though Uncle Milton at least has some remorse for sending this product to market. To compliment the "Moon in My Room" that we also purchased for our son, we selected the "Earth in My Room". Unfortunately, the "Earth in My Room" is nothing more than a plastic overlay on plastic base that is also severely disappointing considering the description of "an awe-inspriing view of Earth from space in your room!" What this really does is just take up space in your room!

Sadly, despite high hopes, the only product I can honestly recommend in the "Moon in My Room", but our son never even turns that on anymore. Hope that helps!

New Update: I have attached a video demonstrating the noise this piece of junk makes. We opened the box only a week ago.

Update: After a few days of using this product, I hate it. The motor is extremely noisy and the "shooting star" is anything but shooting. if I had the option, I wouldn't buy this out of a clearance bin at the dollar store!

Original review: This product delivers a "shooting star" once every 7-10 seconds, but it is nothing extravagant. The shooting stars are rather slow. The unit also makes a lot of motor noise while it is moving. I was hoping this product would be better, but I was highly disappointed. I ONLY recommend this product if you have something else in the room to use as white noise to drown out the noise of this product's motor.
6 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2012
I bought two of these. The first was new and purchased direct from Uncle Milton Toys catalog. The second was used and purchased from Amazon Warehouse deals. Both of these did not work on arrival. One had a non-functioning light bulb and the other had broken moving parts and did not move at all. These are C**p. Do Not buy this! I guess you get what you pay for with these cheap toys with moving parts.
8 people found this helpful
on January 24, 2013
Bought this for my 6-yr old who likes to watch meteor showers. It is fun to lay in bed and watch the stars shoot across the ceiling...pretty random, so you're not sure where they will come from. Despite the bad reviews, I bought this, and we are happy with it. If you have watched a real meteor shower, the stars usually appear to be small flashes of light anyway, so this product is pretty accurate - and you don't have to wake up early and sit in the cold to be disappointed, like we have been in the past! We have this product along with a light-up solar system and the "moon in my room," so it is a pretty magical display :)
on November 20, 2014
well i had my shooting star today i was so happy ..until i unbox it ...the stars should have a light resourse and the toy keeps making that sound like (ggggggg) while moving its un acceptable i bought it for a reason to get a good sleep with a nature view and all i had was a peace of junk and btw ..the light is not strong like the picture..its fake ...so i say no to the toy ..do not buy it...its bad
on November 30, 2013
The product comes with glow in the dark stickers which does add to the effect. However that effect is taken away when you turn on the device and have to bare the noisy inner workings. It takes what should be a calming serene moment and ruins it.
on January 9, 2016
Not worth the money. I thought it did way more than it does. My son was not impressed.
on July 31, 2016
My husband loves this. It is noisy but does shoot random shooting stars across the ceiling. I wish it lasted longer than 15 minutes but you can justreset the button and it starts again. Fun and the grandkids love it too.
on July 9, 2012
Okay, I'm an adult and yes, I bought this for me. Wish I hadn't. The sticker "stars" you put on the wall are really tiny little dots that are a pain to take off the sheet and hold on to, much less stick them to the wall. The actual toy..."shooting star" is...okay...if your like 5 years old I guess. I'd recommend this for a very young child. Over 7 and it's probably worthless. It's just sitting on my dresser now never used. Which I guess is my own fault it is listed as a "toy" so shame on me for hoping to be entertained by it. I give it three stars simply because even though those tiny stickers were hard to get on the wall, and just BARELY glowed at first, I found that after a twenty minute exposure to my blacklights those tiny lil "star dots" really pop and look pretty cool.
2 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2015
I put three good batteries in this thing and the lens moves up and down but no light/star. It also makes a loud clicking noise. I then looked up the customer service email and when I went to send it, it was an auto reply that the email was not a valid one. DO NOT BUY THIS!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question