- File Size: 202 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Publisher: James C. Pourteau; 1 edition (January 16, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 16, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00S5LP3VC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #648,634 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Unconditional: A Tale of the Zombie Apocalypse Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is a short story (you could probably read it in under a half hour, I am a slow reader) but it gets your attention and won't let go until the end. You can't really say much about the story since it is so short without giving something away, but I highly recommend this story. Treat yourself to a great story, and hey, it is cheaper than a cup of coffee and will stay with you longer and you can read it over and over. Can't beat that deal.
Unconditional takes place during some kind of zombie apocalypse. However, that fact is almost secondary to the story. Every zombie story I have ever read has been about what happens to humans and society after the undead have taken over, never giving any thought to how such an event would effect man’s best friend.
Without giving us a clue as to where we are, what happened, or why, Pourteau has crafted a story full of joy, sadness and terror, all from the perspective of a nameless dog. This tail (that’s right, I did) is unique in that there is no dialogue and the human characters are not in the forefront of the story. This is the first story I’ve ever read, told from the perspective of a dog and at first I thought this would throw me, but Chris pulled it off very well. The simple, loving nature of the dog is conveyed expertly and effortlessly.
I definitely recommend Unconditional! Not a fan of zombie stories, you say? I say, read it anyway, you won’t be disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic