Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
Even though I am a scientific minded person who rejects all forms of mysticism I sometimes enjoy reading unusual, new age and other esoteric material. I purchased this 198 page paperback volume (How to uncover your past lives: awaken ancient knowledge, hypnotize yourself safely and easily and recognize your soul mate by Ted Andrews) for a bargain price on Amazon. This author has written many books on the occult and related topics.

I did find this book an interesting and sometimes entertaining read. The ten chapters cover the following material: Understanding reincarnation, awakening ancient knowledge of past lives, understanding the role of karma, soul mates and twin souls, understanding past life meditation, past life therapy through the tree of life, self-hypnosis and past life awareness, dowsing your past lives, rites of passage and proving your past lives. There is also an afterword and a bibliography.

My favorite chapter was the advice on using self-hypnosis, which I am quite familiar with because I have used self-hypnosis techniques for meditation and relaxation. My personal view is that human imagination has the power to create just about anything whether factual or fiction. The creative mind can produce images, guardians, angels and of course past lives. I do like the writing style of the author and that is why I gave this book a good rating. If you are a true believer in the occult and mysticism you may want to check out this sometimes interesting book on uncovering your past lives.

Rating: 4 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Zen Poetry Moments: Haiku and Senryu for special occasions).
on March 22, 2017
Great book, arrived quickly
on June 12, 2014
Very informative read. For someone like me who is just opening up to the possibility of these experiences, the book was very easy to understand and made a lot of sense in regards to some areas in my life that has been a bit fuzzy. Great book for beginners or those who are curious/exploring the world of reincarnation.
on August 16, 2001
This is a helpful book written in a very straight-foward manner. In addition to offering a number of insights into the meaning of various aspects of the standard reincarnation model, the author presents a current perspective on the psychology of using these methods and on the necessity of pointing the insights so gained towards helping with the management of current-life circumstances. One thing the author does not mention is that there is a great deal of time that must be spent by a person, more or less in solitude, in implementing the techniques to obtain an effect. Another thing is that although many of the procedures point to ways in which information can be obtained about past-lives the resulting effect is quite different from actually entering into those lives (instances of the higher-self as it were. To give it its due however, some differentiation is made using the left-brain right-brain model to posit intellectual as opposed to emotional "facts".

The work is really about "opening doors" rather than "going through them". On the whole however, this is a very useful book and well worth the very modest sum of money required to buy it. There are a lot of books priced very much higher that deliver much less.
The Journey To Enlightenment
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2009
I haven't finished this book as I just got it. But, I will say it's a good book and will answer your many questions. It's got some nice exercises that can help you get in touch with yourself and your life. As a matter of fact, the second exercise in the book helped me to make connections to see how certain experiences in this life, which I could not understand could come from past life experiences. If it's your first time getting in touch with past lives, I'd say this would be a really good beginner's book.
on January 14, 2006
If you truly think there was a chance that you have lived before, this is the book to read. Pulls no punches - and puts to rest all the "wanna bes" who just KNOW they were "so and so" in a previous time period. Those who feel they had to be a famous person in another time, probably have a huge imagination of their reality in this life as well. This book gives you insight on learning how to follow feelings you have now that may link to another life - another time. No surprises - just a good instinct of letting you know that if you think you were here centuries ago because of ----say de ja vu around a specific place or a drawing of a building from centuries ago - there is a great chance you really were. Gives great ideas on how to maybe trace yourself back and find who you were before.
on June 15, 2014
I read this book eagerly but fear stopped me from exploring the exercises to find out my past once I get courage I will try to uncover my past but not eagerly. I will be facing my everything.How good was I how bad was I? I will find out.
on September 1, 2013
I read a lot to learn. This is a book that has parted ways with me 3 times. I recommend finding the earliest printed addition. I got quite a bit out of this book. It is good to know and learn on your own. Who knows you might remember who you are... Go find yourself again.
on September 14, 2015
Great book to start exploring past lives research. This author also has other really good reference books!
on May 18, 2016