Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Under Armour Alter Ego Short Sleeve Compression Shirt
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on March 6, 2015
According to my measurements I wear a large but got an XL because I didn't want the full compression fit. Its very stretchable, almost like a rubber suit. The fabric is breathable, but will get warm if you wear it as an undershirt or a jacket over it. I have a slim athletic build and wanted a shirt I could wear out and about as well as while training. This compression shirt does both well. Nevertheless, the larger shirt size still fits snug and contours to your body. I just didn't want to spend 30 minutes trying to get it off. I also like that its long and covers my butt so I can wear it tucked in or out.

Pros: Breathable, stretches

Con: Price

Height 6'4"
Weight 187 lbs
Chest 39"
Arms 16.5"
Waist 29"
review image
on January 30, 2015
Update: 01.13.16 Wear spots after One Wear!
I still love these shirts and now own five of them.
The sizing for a guy my size remains the same (see below.)
WORD OF CAUTION: Be careful HOW you wear these shirts.
While the design and fit are terrific, the quality is lacking Under Armour.
After one half-Marathon with a super lightweight UltrAspire hydration vest over my Alter Ego shirt, I noticed these wear spots. At first, I thought it was some kind of transfer, but after looking at the white inner layer.. I now believe the outer portion of the shirt is a thin, light screen which can easily rub off.
I'll leave the 5 stars for now.. but should slash one for quality since these shirts are expensive.

Original Post:
This compression shirt is Awesome I bought this for running and selected the size after reading the reviews. I am 5'10" tall; 165lbs; 41" chest; 47"+ shoulders; 15" biceps; 31-32" waist. I purchased the large. It fits great. (see attached picture) The length seems just right and I'm hopeful it doesn't ride-up while jogging. It is tight .. as a compression shirt should be and I'll probably have to "peel" it off if I get sweaty. I WILL buy more of these.
review image review image
on September 17, 2014
My measurements:
I am 5’ 10” tall
My chest is 100cm = 39 inch
I weigh 75kg =165 lb.
I got a Large, and it fits like a compression shirt. See the guy in the picture? It fits like that.
You see every muscle moving.
So, if you want it less then full compression, get a bigger size.
I like the fit. It’s like a second skin, and looks really cool.

It wicks the sweat away just fine, and does not pinch anywhere.
The length is good, but adding an inch or two, would be nicer.
It looks longer in the image, then it is in real life.

I’m happy with it.
on June 27, 2015
fake'''
review image review image
on June 10, 2014
Looking awesome isn't cheap. It takes a lot of hard work in the gym, and a lot of dollars to buy an Under Armour Alter Ego Compression shirt. I bought this thinking I'd just wear it in the gym but I've ended up wearing it all the time. It just looks and feels awesome. Since everyone always has trouble with sizing references on these shirts, I'm 6'4" and weigh 198 lbs with an athletic/muscular build. I originally bought a Large which fit well, but the length was a bit short and the shirt kept riding up too high, so I'm exchanging for an XL. I guess like everyone says, go up a size from the shirt you usually wear, and don't worry about it not being a 'snug fit', these shirts are tiny and stretch to mold to your skin.
on May 16, 2014
makes me feel invincible. i wear it under my suit. its great to wear everywhere. I feel like i can do anything.
on July 18, 2015
The shirt is very see through. It is a very stretchy polyester spandex but the cheap type....the see through type that is used on cheap palazzo pants. I bought it for my husband but I was really disappointed with the quality of the shirt! Definitely not worth its price! My husband opted to keep it because he loves everything Superman! lol I think you are better off buying a ten dollar superman shirt at target or walmart!
on November 20, 2015
Ordered this for my 16yr old, 6'2", 138lb football playing, weight-lifting son! Fits him great(he likes it fitting), is fabulous quality (as under-armour typically is), and the color is spot on! Very happy with this product! Would definitely recommend!!
I passed by an Under Armour Store and saw several of these in the window. I bought this one from Amazon because it was cheaper, and they didn't have this style in the store.

So in addition to being cheaper, I particularly liked this shirt because it's not a plain blue pattern, but it gives the illusion of being textured. It fits well overall. I bought a size up with the intention (I guess) that I'll be adding muscle soon. Because of recent weight loss, I'm down to a medium, in normal t-shirts, but I found that an XL was an appropriate size here. Only small drawback is that the sleeves are not tight (again - incentive to hit the gym a bit more).

Overall it's great and while it doesn't exactly turn head when I'm on the running trail, I still get a kick out of it... and so do my kids.

The shirt is a good quality overall and hopefully will last through many, many workouts. The Super Hero theme is a nice touch, and a brilliant marketing strategy.
on January 4, 2016
Bought this for my small but super muscular friend who almost died in 2 separate, severe car accidents and made miraculous recoveries despite doctor's expectations. When he gets down I I keep telling him he is superman so I got this for him, it put quite the smile on his face as he is a big fan of underarmour. I know this is a compression shirt but man does a small look small... even to someone who wears size small for everything. Maybe go a size up.