Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 643 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 679 reviews
on October 5, 2016
The material feels good and they are comfortable to run in with an extreme exception. The waist is way too tight. I ordered a large and the waist band becomes uncomfortable before I can finish a 40 min run. I really hate it when people say something is too tight without commenting on their body type so here we go:

I'm 5'10'' and about 185 pounds. I wear 33-34 inch jeans and almost always have to wear a belt with those to keep them up.

You will definitely want to go a full size up. Don't make the same mistake I did, ordering 3 of these in a short time. Maybe get one, wait a month or more and then decide if the size works and you want more. I wish I would have ordered XL but it's too late now.
on October 8, 2015
I read the reviews, but since I've never owned Under Armor products, I figured I simply wouldn't miss any product changes. Well, even as a first time buyer I can say that the other reviews that state the change in build materials changed the shorts for the worse are absolutely right.

These "compression shorts" simply function more like expensive, slightly tighter boxer-briefs. The material does seem sub standard and they give little to no relief for strained muscles (the reason I bought them). The only positive, which is why it got 2* instead of 1*, is because they are somewhat comfortable and cool. For runners or athletes, they are also quite short comparatively, as they should reach closer to the knee to protect the entire quad.

It's classic marketing strategy for a premium brand. They established themselves as the industry leader and once the market share was secured, they slashed costs by farming out the manufacturing and using poor quality materials. (See: Nike).

Luckily I bought a pair of Champion Power Flex shorts as well. While I won't return these, rest assured any future pairs I order will be the Champion brand, which were half the price. The logo is cool but without it... no one would ever buy these. Avoid until they return to the original.
on August 13, 2013
My sons wore these while camping and hiking. They were recommended as preventative measure, to wear under shorts to prevent chafing. Worked like a charm, and no complaints about being hot.
on July 17, 2016
I purchased these shorts as an underlayer for running and hiking.

I live in Tennessee, so during the summer months things can get a bit swampy if you find yourself out of doors and doing anything that involves exerting yourself. These shorts are a great way to prevent the bevy of unpleasantness that can arise from a sweaty undercarriage no matter what your activity.

A couple of small issues bear mentioning though. First, like all moisture-wicking material, it is very important to remove these from the wash promptly as to preserve the coating on the fabric. Otherwise you will find these grey, wet lint-looking smears on them and their moisture-wicking ability will be diminished. Second, and I know that there are other versions of the product that do have one, but this particular set has no fly. Last, the waistband can bite in a bit uncomfortably if you've got anything extra around the middle.

All in all I like these shorts. The length is good and they don't ride up, they're well coinstructed, comfortable, and durable if you take care of them. This is one of many pairs of UA compression shorts I own and I will definitely purchase more down the road.
on August 14, 2016
If you've bought Under Armour compression shorts from several years ago you will probably be a bit disappointed. These are like most things in the clothing industry. Sox, underwear, t-shirts and these have just reduced the fabric thickness to the point where it just isn't as good as the old stuff. My old Armour compression shorts are starting to get a bit old but I have to say they are way better constructed then these new ones. It seems like the whole clothing industry is trying to see how thin they can make fabric and it's just not the same. These compression shorts feel "OK" but they don't feel as if they provide anywhere near the compression as my old shorts that are now several years old. I doubt you can find any manufacturer doing any different. Anyhow, they work fine, I just wish they reached that "old school" mega compression level of several years ago.
on June 29, 2014
I have purchased Under Armor HeatGear compression shorts before and these weren't what I expected at all, there thin, and feel like they're from Walmart. I'm extremely dissatisfied, I returned them right away, they also run a little tight, so even if I had liked the quality and make I would have still returned them. overall I wouldn't recommend them at all even if they were a lot cheaper.
on October 3, 2014
Ordered these not realizing that UA has since changed what their compression shorts are made of. The older more durable ones (the ones I've had for 7+ years of incredibly heavy use and are now just starting to fall apart) are made of nylon/elastane. These ones are made of polyester/elastane. They are way thinner and less durable than the old kind. Not to mention there are plenty of substitutes (nike/reebok/eastbay to name a few) that are just as good quality, if not better. If you're looking for the older style UA compression shorts THESE ARE NOT IT. Look elsewhere! You've been warned. I've been a user of UA since they started (I was in high school at the time playing football) I'm incredibly disappointed in the drop in quality and unless they go back to the old way I supposed I'll go for one of the other competitors who are much better priced.
on July 12, 2014
I have at least a dozen pairs of these. Been using them for a decade plus. But these were Way to loose to be Large. and the material is thinner than original. Looks like they got cheap and are living off there old good name. And I don't believe they would offer the same compression I need. Never again. Time to find a product that works.
on January 21, 2016
I used to run in Under Armour heatgear everyday. I ran about 1,200 miles total in my last pair and finally had to buy a new pair. Purchased these and this stitching is so thick that I'll bleed if I run much further than 3 miles at a time.
on December 20, 2016
I bought these and found that the stitching in them was large and sharp so sharp that it cut my thighs and and under my groin. essentially the reason i bought them was to avoid this and this pair only made things worse.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.