Under Cabinet Mounted Cookbook Holder - Wood - Made in the USA
|Price:||$79.95 + $6.94 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This Cookbook Holder folds up under cabinet when not in use saving counter space. The hinged front allows easy page turning and protects from kitchen splatter. US made with native maple base and decorative metal hinges. Folds flat for storage.
- Space Saving Under Cabinet Design
- Adjustable Thickness and Viewing Angle
- Easy Page Turning - Protects Cookbooks
- Made in America by Clear Solutions Household
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Back in 1979 our local bookstore asked us to make acrylic shelves for displaying their greeting cards. That seemingly small event began the transformation of Clear Solutions. In 1969 we had begun by making custom furniture, picture frames, and housewares. Demand in the marketplace for our acrylic displays was so profound that it redefined our focus and helped make us one of the most respected names in the industry.
Listening to manufacturers and retailers is what we do. We then take those ideas to create solutions for new products and new ways of merchandising. This catalog is filled with our stock line of the fundamentals every retailer needs to display merchandise. Fixtures present merchandise and help it to sell. A well-designed and beautiful fixture enhances the impression a product makes. Simple clean lines and clear acrylic bring the product to the forefront where it can have the most impact. Let us help you create sales.
What began in a chicken coop in Maryland, grew to a Vermont barn, and a very charming old Vermont mill, is now in a modern manufacturing facility in Hinsdale, New Hampshire. The business may have grown, but our focus on you hasnÕt changed. Besides making a quality product, we offer you the service to back it up. Our one year warranty against breakage is as iron-clad as our dedication to your satisfaction. Creating quality displays for you is our mission. Making them in the U.S. is also important to us. We use only the highest quality acrylic sheet, and our skilled fabricators take great pride in each piece they produce. A good design, well made and carefully packed, is what you can expect every single time.
Top Customer Reviews
It works great, and looks great. The installation was easy, and it comes with some spacers that help make sure it will screw in even to thin shelves (our bottom shelf is quite thin - the screws would have protruded up into the cabinet without the spacers). The only hard part of the installation is working upside down to do the pilot hole drilling, and then holding the unit flush while you put in the screws. If you have 2 people this would be a piece of cake, but I did it myself and it took about 10 minutes of holding screws in place while putting in the other screws - they kept wanting to drop out. I managed to get it installed before her birthday passed and that is a first for me.
Anyway, my wife loves it, and thats all that matters. If you'll be installing it yourself a magnetic screwdriver might be a lifesaver. Highly recommended.
Bought this for my wife as part of Mother's Day. I gotta say that I am not impressed. I mean, it's OK, it'll work, but the quality is not there (maybe I got a bad one?).
1) The edges of the "wood" where the cookbook will rest (it's not wood)...where the wood-look vinyl paper attaches to the particle board, has very rough edges...looks like glue squirted thru the edges and/or the vinyl was not cut well, leaving an unfinished look.
2) Now this one is unbelievable, but I checked and rechecked 3 or 4 times to be sure...the template, which you tape to the underside of the cabinet to mark the screw holes, is a good 1/4-inch off...in other words, the holes I drilled needed to be about 1/4 inch further apart (width-wise). I thought maybe I drilled crooked, and that's why the drilled holes did not line up with the shelf bracket, but then I held the template up to the actual bracket, and yep, the template markings for the the drill holes are a good 1/4-inch off. I still think I must be looking at something wrong, but again, I triple-checked.
3) They provide clear plastic "spacers" (nice touch) so that if your cabinet shelf is thin-ish, the screws will not pop up thru the cabinet shelf and into the cabinet area. I had to use these, and I would suggest to just go ahead an use them if you have any doubt as to the thickness of your cabinet shelf...the screws still bite in plenty deep...so you might as well not take the risk of punching a hole up into the cabinet area, and just go ahead and use the spacers.
All-in-all, I guess there are not many choices for an under-cabinet cookbook holder in this price range, and it does work for the purpose intended. It just seems that the quality control of the application of the vinyl wood-look paper could be a lot better, and installation was much harder than it had to be since the template was off and I had to drill 4 more holes.
The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of two issues I have with the product. First, you can't fit an open Betty Crocker or Better Homes and Gardens, hard cover cook book in the holder. You know, the three-ring, red one your mom and dad had growing up. The arm of the hinge (you can see it in the display picture) blocks the regular size cook book from opening completely. The splash guard can't be placed over the book in that scenario either, which means it's hanging down and blocking you from placing ingredients, bowls, etc. beneath it. I could take the recipe page out of the book to use it, but that isn't my point. It's just a little smaller than it should be for classic American cookbooks.
My second issue is the ease of installation. There was one major problem. The sheet that comes with the product says to tape it to the under side of the cabinet and mark (with a drill) where you will mount the cookbook holder. The markings are off and don't match the holes of the holder. Considering you have to contort your body under the cabinet (and above the counter top), this is an issue. We had to re-mark the holes with the product. Just know this going in and you'll be fine.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic! A little tough installing it. It just wouldn't hold with the screws provided but, keep in mind I'm not a professional. After hiring someone to install it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dora Dougherty
I expected it to fold up more compact than it did. It sticks out a bit further than I'd like when it's folded up. But it functions well and I love the slash guard. Read morePublished 4 months ago by rjbrown
This mounted so easily under my cabinet and it holds my cookbook up off the counter which gives me more counter space to work on. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Antoinette M. Stoltz
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and she loves it! Hides away when you don't need it and handy for when you do.Published 5 months ago by Carole S Jeffrey
great for holding a cook book off of the counter so the counter top is not as cluttered while cooking or baking yet it folds out of the way when you are donePublished 6 months ago by Kervin Mutschler
Nice shelf that help to achieve more counter space. Only down fall is that it is not as wide as I had hoped.Published 9 months ago by Joel Endicott
Very sturdy if you use fatter wood screws. I felt the hardware supplied was not sufficient to hold the weight. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Kevin L