Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 21, 2011
I have been searching for many months for half-lens reading glasses (i.e., "Ben Franklin)that permit me to look straight ahead without vision interference AND WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT THEM ON THE END OF MY NOSE to take advantage of my post-cataract-surgery 20/20 vision but will provide good near vision. These are the closest I've found but still are not there. I'm amazed with all the reading glasses produced and and an aging population I have so far been unable to find what I want.
28 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on July 14, 2015
Aged me about 900 years. Don't get me wrong. I had the highest of hopes. I figured: black and tortoise shell - great color combo; half lenses, so I won't have to wear them on the end of my nose!; seems stylish! But the reality is: they are very small in width, smaller than my head - it looks wide, but do not be deceived; the top edge of the lense is hardly invisible, but is obvious because of the way it was sanded; and it aged me so much - I looked ancient with them on. My high hopes dashed, these either go back or (if the postage is too great a sum) end up on the night table where only a sleepy husband might have the chance to catch me wearing them.
One person found this helpful
on June 4, 2013
These are actually very nice glasses for the price. However, the lenses are tiny. That is to say, the glasses fit my head just fine, but they look rather funny on me because the lenses are so small. Not an issue when I'm ready by myself, but it's hard to concentrate on my reading when people around me are pointing and laughing. Recommended for people with small heads or small facial features, or the very introverted.
6 people found this helpful
on June 9, 2013
I like these so much I have bought 3 pair, one black, 2 brown. I would love other colors like denim blue, red, silver and lime green. Other reviews said they broke but mine haven't so far. I get lots of compliments on them. They are my definition of perfect half frames.
4 people found this helpful
on November 14, 2013
I was looking for half glasses so I could read text while giving a talk from a podium or dais. These are not quite what I needed, but I could not find anything in stores or on the internet that was. I can see over the lenses if I allow these to slip a bit down my nose, but if they are on the bridge of the nose, I would have to lean my head forward. I can see well through them and they seem to be resistant to the usual scratches that make most glasses so irritating. They work OK for me.
on May 13, 2014
I choose this frame hoping it would be as depicted. I was more than pleased to receive it super fast; packaged perfectly and exactly as publicized! The frame fits my face better than most glasses I have found. They are sturdy, right strength and cute too! I will certainly buy with confidence from here again! THANK YOU>>>I CAN SEE!!
on December 21, 2013
I am glad I purchased these readers. I have a smaller head & they fit just right. Lots of readers look large on me. I wanted some that I could easily look over the top without needing to push them down to the end of my nose & these fit the bill. They look like some I have seen in local boutiques for much more money. They seem well made. Glad I ordered them.
on August 30, 2013
I ordered a pair of 2.25's for reading and I like the half frames as I can read and watch TV or carry on a conversation without having to hold my head at an odd angle because I can see over the half frames. The price was fair for the quality of the glasses and the company delivered what they said they would and on time. Very pleased.
on April 7, 2016
These are the only readers I ware now! I get so many compliments on them and I have ordered several pairs....if only they could be puppy proof!
on May 26, 2014
love these glasses, light weight, easy to look over the glasses because they sit perfectly on your nose. they seem to be pretty sturdy too because I have them off and on all day long. great for computer work. I plan to buy several more pairs of readers, a nice price too.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.