- File Size: 1305 KB
- Print Length: 326 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1601838956
- Publisher: Lyrical Press (December 6, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 6, 2016
- Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01CWYTJQM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,160,104 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $10.01 (67%)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
Under the Spanish Stars (Wandering Skies) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
In this, her second book, Alli once again brings us a dual timeline, introducing us to Charlotte Kavanagh in the present and her grandmother, Katarina Sanchez (Abuela) inhabiting both narratives as the novel revolves around flamenco and the origin of a painting that Abuela was given by her father.
While Katarina’s story takes place against the backdrop of the turbulent Spanish Civil War and the rule of Franco as she tries to eke out a living from dancing flamenco, it is in the contemporary narrative that the mystery surrounding the painting begins to unravel as Charlotte finds herself walking the cobbled streets of Granada and coming into contact with the enigmatic Mateo and the Giménez clan, an aloof and secretive gypsy community,
As Charlotte begins to feel the captivating pull of the world of flamenco and the mysterious power of duende, what started out as a journey of discovery on her grandmother’s behalf soon becomes one of self-discovery with Mateo making her want to lose herself in the Spanish culture.
I was captivated by Alli’s first novel, Luna Tango, not just by the quality of her writing, but the way in which she evoked time and place and, once again, I felt as though I had been transported – this time, directly to Granada - enjoying the sounds of flamenco, tasting the strong gitano wine around the fireplace and watching these talented women dance with passion and verve.Read more ›
I searched out flamenco music when I started reading this book, and I am hooked! I have always been a fan of guitar, but there is just something magic about flamenco. I highly recommend this book and listening to some beautiful music while reading. I think you will feel the stories as much as I did!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Two adventurous love stories set in different decades.
Beautifully descriptive narrative drives the story of Charlotte 's search for information about a painting tied to her... Read more
I found the book to be a very good read for a romance novel. The content was a little unbelievable at times and seemed a little disjointed.Published 3 months ago by Lee Thomas
I love Australian Authors. I love romance novels. I love all kinds of dancing. I love sexy guys with sexy accents. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Renee
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction