- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: JiaHu Books (February 18, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1784351075
- ISBN-13: 978-1784351076
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #660,878 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Under the Yoke Paperback – February 18, 2015
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Known as the "Poet of the People," Ivan Vazov is Bulgaria's most famous and beloved writer and remains a national icon in the history of Bulgaria's struggle for freedom and indepedendence. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
that I treasured so much. I gently opened the book and to my amazement...the book fell apart.
I have never in my life've seen a quality so low. Very disappointing!
• This is the third book in S.M. STIRLING’S Draka series. This is the one which just might have cooked the author’s goose with Jim Baen (from what I have read). Baen had an unwritten rule on how novels published by him were supposed to end; the author must have decided to write his Draka series like he wanted to write it. When it comes down to an issue between an author and the publisher, publisher wins! This is still a very good book, be sure to begin with Marching through Georgia and Under the Yoke
Under the Yoke (1989, ISBN 0-671-69843-5 ( the book Under the Yoke is also the title of another book that has nothing to do with this series.
All in all I really enjoyed the trilogy and this book. The author has probably moved on in his writings to other things and I doubt that he’d return to this series, even though Jim Baen has passed on to the other side.
I highly recommend this series to fans of alternative history with a little science fiction thrown into the pot.
THE GUNNER JULY, 2015
I have read the book twice and the first time I read it was when I was 13 and I didn't really understand it...it was just a story about suffering and revival,a story about a determination to overcome opression that i could not really grasp. However, i read it again in highschool and only then could i see how deep and real this novel is, how sincere and important it is. Vazov is the Patriarch of Bulgarian literature and his words are a precious heritage that we all carry in our hearts and souls.
I will buy this book now as a present for my English teacher in the US and I would advise everybody who is Bulgarian to do the same. This book is worth reading and I hope that more people will have access to the the depth of the Bulgarian soul and the endless source of hope and life that has been sustaining our nation throughout the 13 centuries of its existence.
Thanks to Amazon for providing it on-ilne :)