Extreme Dog Fence - Second Generation -2020- Professional Grade (Premium) Kit Packages
- 🏆 Improved: This 2nd Generation eXtreme Dog Fence PRO GRADE KIT Easily Covers up to 10 Acres and has Updated Electronics with 3 Antennas, 12x Battery Check, Temp Check and Wire Check
- 🏆 Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog Fence Includes a Collar Receiver that is COMPLETELY Waterproof, and Can be Submerged to 10' Deep. Your Dog Can Swim with the Collar on and Won't Affect it's Functionality
- 🏆 Pro Grade Fence Kit Includes: 14 Gauge Heavy Duty Boundary Wire, 16 Gauge Twisted Wire, Digital Transmitter, Collar Receiver(s) w/ Battery, Training Flags, Splice Kits, and 10 Staples
- 🏆 Guarantee: This Underground Dog Fence Includes a 1 Year Warranty. When You Register Your Fence, Your Warranty eXtends to 10 Years. This Fence WILL Contain Your Dog and has Been Manufactured for More than 25 Years and Carries a Stellar Reputation for Reliability and Performance
- 🏆 U.S.A. : These Electric Fences for Dogs Are Proudly Manufactured in the Good Old United States of America. We are Standing By to Provide You Top Level Assistance and Support in Setting Up Your Fence, Training Your Dogs and Puppies, or Troubleshooting Any Issue that Comes Up
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
PRO GRADE KIT - 2 Dogs on Up to 1 Acre (1000' of 14 Gauge Boundary Wire - 45 mil Jacket)
An electric dog fence is the perfect way to keep your dog safely contained on your property, while giving him freedom off the leash at the same time. Here is how it works. An invisible boundary is created by the dog fence wire, which encircles your property. Your dog wears a special receiver collar, which activates when he or she approaches the wire. After several days of training, your dog learns to respect the boundaries that you have established.
The eXtreme Dog Fence PRO Grade system is the premiere D.I.Y. static correction pet containment system for the dog owner with up to 10 acres of coverage needs. Our eXtreme Dog Fence Professional grade kit is a step above our Standard Grade kit. There are several advantages of ordering the Professional Grade kit. Above all, is the quality and longevity of the 14-gauge wire that is included. It is so durable that you don’t even have to bury it. This means that our Professional grade kit is the perfect choice if you want to run your dog fence wire along an existing fence, or simply tack the wire to the top of the ground. Another advantage is that this kit comes with twisted wire, which you need to connect your boundary loop to your transmitter. In addition to this, we will send you a free surge protector after registering your fence on our website. Just give us a call after you register your fence.
Unlike other dog electric fence systems, this electric dog fence kit is manufactured in the USA. This underground dog fence package comes with everything you need to contain 2 dogs, on up to 1 acre. If you purchase additional 14 gauge dog fence wire, the transmitter will accommodate up to 10 acres. There is no limit to the number of dogs you can have on this system, and each collar's correction strength is individually programmed, with 7 correction levels, and 1 'beep only' level to choose from, based on each dog's individual need.
When shopping for dog fences, some people wonder if an electric dog fence wireless option would be a better choice than a wired electric fence for dogs. Although a wireless dog fence takes less effort to install, their signal is not as reliable as a wired underground fence. If you are looking for the most dependable solution to contain your dog(s), this wired electric dog fence is the way to go. This wired dog fence allows you to create the border exactly where you want it to be.
THIS KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Digital Transmitter w/ Power Supply
- 2x Waterproof Collar Receivers
- 1000' of 14 Gauge Boundary Wire (.045 Thick Polyethylene Jacket)
- 50' of 16 Gauge Twisted Wire
- 2x Sets of Short and Long Contact Probes (5/8", 7/8")
- 2x Sets of Conductive Rubber Comfort Covers
- 2x 6v Collar Receiver Batteries
- 100x Training Flags
- 10 Waterproof Splice Kits
- 4 Landscape Staples
QUALITY PARTS THAT YOU CAN RELY ON:
Dimensions: 4.5" high x 5.5" wide x 1" deep
The fence transmitter is the brain of your eXtreme Dog Fence. You not only set your signal field width here (which is the distance from the wire that the collar will activate), but you also program your collar's correction level here.
You can also change AM radio frequencies here, if you have a neighboring fence system that is causing interference with your fence.
The transmitter should be mounted indoors, so as to avoid any moisture getting into the electronics, and at least 3' away from any large metal objects.
Waterproof "Active" Collar
Receiver Dimensions: 1" high x 2" wide x 1" deep
Strap Dimensions: 3/4" wide (fits necks from 10" to 30")
Contact Probe Dimensions: small = 5/8", large = 7/8"
The "Active" collar is waterproof and submersible to 10 feet, with no impact on the receiver's performance.
It includes a long set of contact probes for dogs with long neck hair, and a short set for dogs with shorter hair. A set of metal infused rubber comfort covers are included to help keep the contact probes comfortable on your dog's neck.
The receiver weighs a mere 1.1 ounce and runs on a proprietary 6v battery, which lasts an average of 4 months (after the battery used during the training period).
The collar receiver has 7 correction levels (1-7) and a beep only level (0), to accommodate a wide range of dog sizes, breeds, personalities and temperaments.
14 AWG Boundary Wire
Specs: 14 gauge, solid copper core wire with .045 polyethylene jacket (UV resistant, direct ground burial rated)
This heavy duty boundary wire is so durable that it allows for many installation options you won't find possible with a thin 20 gauge wire:
Burial: You can bury the wire from 1" to 18" deep
Above Ground: You can secure your wire to the ground, using 6" landscape staples at every 5' of wire
Existing Fence: You can attach the wire to an existing traditional type fence (if metal, it must be galvanized)
Waterfront: It can even be submerged into water, to allow your dog some swim area in a lake or creek
No matter your installation preference, this wire will perform for over 20 years, even in eXtreme elements.
16 AWG Twisted Wire
Specs: 16 gauge, solid copper core wire with .045 polyethylene jacket (UV resistant, direct ground burial rated)
This wire comes pre-twisted to meet the standard recommended 5-7 twists per foot.
Twisted wire can only be used in certain situations, and will not work in others:
I want a reliable, American manufactured electric dog fence that is feature rich and will keep me safe and sound. There are too many fence kits that are poorly made overseas, and could be dangerous to me. I want to be around for a long time. Aren't I worth it?
Life is Better with Freedom!
|Basics Fence||Standard Grade Fence||Pro Grade Fence||Max Grade Fence||Contain & Train Combo|
|Coverage||≤ 5 Acres||≤ 6 Acres||≤ 10 Acres||≤ 15 Acres||≤ 5 Acres|
|Correction Levels||1||7 + Beep Only Level||7 + Beep Only Level||7 + Beep Only Level||3 Progressive for Fence - 10 For Training|
|Collar Battery||Rechargeable||6 Volt Replaceable||6 Volt Replaceable||6 Volt Replaceable||Rechargeable and Rechargeable Remote|
|Boundary Wire||20 Gauge||20 Gauge||14 Gauge - 45 mil Jacket||14 Gauge - 60 mil Jacket||14 Gauge - 45 mil Jacket|
|Twisted Wire||Not Included||Not Included||50' - 16 Gauge||50' - 16 Gauge||Not Included|
|Dog Fence Surge Protector||Not Included||Not Included||Free on Request When You Register Product||✓||Not Included|
|Unlimited Dogs||✓||✓||✓||✓||Yes on Fence - 3 At a Time for Training|
|Wty Coverage (After Registering)||1 Year||5 Years||10 Years||10 Years||5 Years|
|Country of Manufacturing||China||U.S.A.||U.S.A.||U.S.A.||China|
Pattern Name: 2 Dog System | Size: 1000' PRO GRADE FENCE
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1. Determine Layout of Your FenceWe can help2. Select a Transmitter LocationTypically a garage or utility room3. Layout Your Fence WireDon't bury or secure it down yet4. Testing Your SystemEnsure all works correctly5. System Adjustments Programming OptionsSet collar levels and warning zone range6. Bury or Secure Your Boundary WireOnce tested, you can secure your wire in place7. Follow the training guidelines in the manual to train your pet(s)
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I spoke with their customers service department prior to ordering the system and they were very professional and very helpful. It very easy to get ahold of them, no automated system you had to go through first before you could speak with them. I would recommend this company and fencing system to anyone that is looking for a high quality product made in the USA.
We wanted a backyard only solution and didn't want to double the wire so we ended up running the wire up the downspout to the roof with zip ties, along the ridge of the roof (where the ridge vent is) and back down the other end of the house to the other downspout. It was a solution I found online and it worked perfectly. She can still get out of the house and has access only to the backyard. The installation went very smoothly (although I do HATE when my husband is on the roof!) and tested successfully on the first try.
Our dog is a rescue - 3 year old female border collie, greyhound, lab mix. She's extremely fast and loves to chase squirrels, rabbits and anything else that moves. In addition, there is a den of fox across the street and they are always hunting in the woods behind our house. She would constantly take off and go through the woods into various neighbors yards chasing things. I was very concerned that she would just run right through the electric fence - while the training documentation that came with it is pretty good - I called their customer service department for advice. Our dog had a very bad experience with an electric fence as a pup and we were told by the previous owner that she refused to go in the backyard so they couldn't use it. The man I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful. We talked through the training steps and he was so helpful and spent a long time discussing with me our dogs temperament, my concerns about her breaching and the various steps I should take if that happened.
Well, it couldn't have gone better! It only took 3 days to train her. She obviously remembered having the electric fence from before - so that may have helped. We used lots of treats and playing and encouragement to make sure she understood before we tried it off leash. She ran through 3 times over the 3 days and we backed up the training with treats playing and encouragement each time. Ultimately we only had to set it on the second to lowest setting. It's been a few weeks now and she's hasn't breached once since the first 3 days.
In the ultimate test, last night I let her out before bed and the fox appeared in the next yard over - barking and trying to coax her to him and away from the kits who were out with him. I was sure she would run through but she stopped short the of wire and just barked for a bit and then came back to me. She got plenty of treats and praise for being so good!
It's wonderful to be able to let her out and roam in her 3/4 acre zone without fear of her taking off like a shot.
Highly recommend. This product and their customer service is excellent!
UPDATE May 2020:
Still LOVE my Extreme fence. It has been perfect for 2 years. Then I did notice that the receiver on her collar seemed to be behaving a little strangely. Couldn't be sure there was actually an issue. She breached one day - which she NEVER does so I wondered if it was not beeping. Then she was on the deck and yelped like she got zapped even through she was nowhere near the edge. Then it happened again a week later so I was worried it might be something faulty in the receiver. I called customer service and even though we couldn't determine if it was actually an issue with the receiver, they immediately sent me a new receiver at no cost! They were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend!
1. I wish there was a way to adjust more distance from the wire for only certain parts of the yard, not just the whole thing. For instance, the part of my yard that faces the road, I would have set back further from the wire but the part of my yard that faces the woods I would have set closer. One setting works the entire fence, you cannot pick and choose which parts of your yard.
2. Where I have my flags set is where I want the strongest correction to be, because it goes in stages. The closer the dog gets to the wire, the harder is zaps. If it zapped hard at the moment she hits those flags, she'd have no interest in going any further. But she is learning that the flags mean bad things will happen.
3. I have a pitbull that weighs 58 pounds. This system goes to 7 strengths of the "zap". I had it on 5 and she ran right through it after a squirrel, did not even begin to stop at the flag. So I upped it to the highest which is 7. The next day, she got to the wire after she ran after a frisbee, and got zapped so hard that she actually yelped and has not even thought about going through since! If the frisbee goes over the flag, or if she sees a rabbit, she will chase until she hits those flags and then she stops! The manual said that only 7 percent of dogs need it on level 7, well I guess I got one of the 7%!
We had used one of the radio type dog fences for our 3 German Shepherds for some time, they knew that there were places they could get out and not get penalized. We purchased this and installed aprox 1400 ft of wire without any splices except where the twisted wire connects it to the unit. I started with only a 10 foot notice to the collar and that was to short. I extended the range to 20 foot and and we haven't had a dog cross it since. I would highly recommend this unit to anyone who wants to know there dogs are home all the time. We used a gasoline power lawn edger to cut the trench for the wire, if you pull it backwards it will leave you a clean trench to install the wire into. the wire is run thru wooded area, in these areas where there were large tree roots we took a battery powered sawzall to cut notches in the roots for the wire to pass thru we purchased this aprox 3 months ago and have zero complaints
Top international reviews
1. Set up is easy and instructions are clear but it will take you a weekend to get everything how you like it.
2. The Canadian package from Amazon DOES NOT come with the surge protector even though the instructions say it does. I called their customer service line and they shipped me one free of charge.
3. A motivated or stubborn dog (like the golden puppy) will run through the fence and take the shocks. Training is super important as he now will run forward instead of backward across the line and get 'stuck' on the other side. The fence will shock on reentry too after the safety period expires. This is most likely a training issue.
4. The 14ga wire is robust and I have no issues about it breaking. Worth the extra cost imo
5. Batteries for the 2 collars I have are running out already. Probably from the testing and training that needed to be done. I expect next batteries to last much longer. On this - replacement batteries are tough to find for Canadians and insanely expensive. Amazon ships them from Florida so you have to pay taxes and handling fees on top of the battery price. Locally I cannot find replacement batteries that aren't prohibitively expensive in BC. They are a weird and unique 6v battery but not the same size as a 6v you can buy for other electronic devices.
I called customer service and spoke with Savannah from extremedogfence about the battery issue for Canadians. She said she would ship a couple complementary batteries to me free of charge (minus Canadian border handling fees etc) as their online Amazon.ca retailer doesn't have them in stock. Kudos Savannah, way to go above and beyond.
6. The actual corrections range from gentle enough you can hold it in your hand and think "hmm not so bad" to the max setting where you cant hold on to the thing if it's correcting. Good range and not overly cruel.
7. If you have a double coat dog yoh have to use the long probes. Each collar comes with both styles. It's imperative you have the collars tight. Worrying they're too tight will make the corrections ineffective. Tight seems mean but the dogs couldn't care less about the collars now. They wear them about 10hs a day and totally fine.
8. Customer service is next level. I think this company markets their customer service and support for a reason... they're really nice. They will call you back. They will help you with whatever you need as I have seen in my 2 calls to them.
If you're researching like I did and reading this review you can feel confident in this purchase. I will edit this review of anything changes as I relied on many reviews before purchasing and feel they are informative.
We have 2 big shepherd, husky, collie crosses and they learnt it right away only got shocked twice before they new their boundary. I really like that it give them warning sound beeps to alert them first. It was extremely easy to setup and Now when they hear the beep they move back. It’s been much more enjoyable having them run free on our acreage