Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(2 star, verified purchases). Show all reviews
on September 6, 2012
Based on the author's own account, she was inspired by Alice in Wonderland and wanted to write a children story city kids could relate to. I believe the characters are creepy. I have extreme fear of roaches and do not like bats, I believe this book would give kids nightmares. Otherwise, it was well written and it had a good plot.
on October 16, 2014
Nothing interesting in this for me... characters plot or dialogue. I skimmed through the las half just in case things improved,... they didnt. two stars only because maybe some young readers may like better?
on August 21, 2014
My son was required to read this over the summer for 6th grade. Although certain parts of it held his attention, it was not his type of book at all. He did not care for people living with rats and other rodents. If he had the choice, he would not have chosen this book to read, but a mystery. Although well written, we just did not like the subject matter.
on December 3, 2012
I kept reading as long as I could. I gave it a huge chance, too many used and re-used sci-fantasy notions and ideas. If your looking for more of Suzanne Collins work to read after you finish The Hunger Games, I suggest waiting for new work. She has obviously grown and matured as a story teller since the publishing of these novels.
on January 8, 2015
Im giving this two stars because the first time my child opened the book several pages fell out. My children treat books with care and know how to respect their belongings. I was very disappointed in the binding on this particular book. Two of my children bought this as a gift for another sibling using their own money. If I would have know this was going to fall apart I would not have let them waste their money on this gift. That being said, the story was greatly enjoyed by my kids. Just sad they won't be able to continue rereading it in the future because it breaks down more with each use.
on September 6, 2012
This book was well written but it was not my style of book. I really like the author. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on August 13, 2013
More a children's book than a juvenile novel. Like reading a novel based on a cartoon series. , , ,
on November 29, 2016
It's not my type of book. Kind of slow moving.
on September 6, 2012
Ok but kind of predictable. It was worried too much about feelings. I have read the hunger games trilogy and would highly recommend it. I hope her next book is great like the huger games and not like the underland chronicles. I think it will be because she is becoming a greater author as she goes.
on September 6, 2012
Trying hard to get into this book, wondering if I want to continue reading or not. Will it become more than giant cockroaches and monster rates?