Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 488 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 550 reviews
on August 21, 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS IF USING FOR AN ONLINE CLASS -- it states it comes with Connect Plus, but the code is only good for one use and after that its unusable. I had to return it and instead rented it through amazon for $20 and bought the software separately. The title is very misleading and the fact that it stated to come with the software is the only reason I bought this specific version!
on October 2, 2013
If you're going to RENT this for an online class, and need the connect plus. DO NOT DO IT. If you rent if does not come with connect plus!!! I ended up paying for the connect separate and came out to the same price as if i would have bought the book.
on October 10, 2016
I really like this book. I am currently taking a straighter-line course and this is the required textbook. This book has a lot of great information for business students. I learned a lot about different types businesses so far from this book. It is very engaging and relate-able to students that may not have any experience in business. After reading a few chapters I immediately started coming up with different ideas for start up businesses. I guess this book has a way of inspiring creativity in me. Anyways, the writing in the book is easy to understand, but don't think for a second that this is a quick an easy textbook, because it is not! Actually, this book is very big and has lots of extra links to get further information and exercises from. So there is enough information to keep you busy with this book.
on September 14, 2017
My professor actually wrote on our syllabus to get the 11th edition, however, he told us in person that he would rather have us buy an older edition for cheaper. It was was very well worth it! No missing pages, just some scratches and some writing, but it wasn't a big deal to worry about. Would recommend for future students who are looking into cheap textbooks!
on January 9, 2015
The title of this is VERY MISLEADING you do not get an access code with this book. It is just the book. You will still need to pay for an access code to the connect system if you are in an online class. I wish I would have know that before I paid $50 to rent a book I could have bought used for $30. What a scam. Why would you label the book this way if it does not in fact have connect plus?
on March 30, 2016
Great book! I rented it ands it the exact book I need for a class and a saved so much. It would have been 180 to rent at school and over 200$ to buy but hear it's only like 18-30$ to rent plus tax for the whole semester! Definitely will be doing this with all my book needs for school
on August 31, 2013
I was under the impression that the book came with Connect Plus since the title reads "Understanding Business with Connect Plus." However mine came with an unusable code. Disappointment.
on May 27, 2014
What I like about Understanding Business are the examples provided within each chapter. The only problem is, it's a bit oversimplified.

Learning about business shouldn't be complicated because it relates to real world in almost every way.

The chapters are around 20 pages on average which is a perfect read. You won't ever be too behind, but try to stay ahead.

Don't lose this book. It's very expensive.

Enjoy.
on April 4, 2015
This was a really good txt book. It was actually the previous edition to what my professor was using at the time, but almost exactly the same, including the pictures and captions, only difference was page numbers and a few minor details. It was laid out well and was visually easy to read quickly. It arrived in new condition, I only paid a couple dollars for it. I was really impressed that the book clearly hadn't been used! When I got to class, I found out my classmates had paid over $100 for their current editions. What truly made this a gem however, was the fact that all the answers to the final came from this book and not the current edition (at that time). It was very gratifying considering this was a business class!
on April 18, 2017
It is a textbook, but arrived safely and in good condition. I like this book