Understanding Developments in Cyberspace Law provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on the legal environment surrounding the Internet today. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through key legal issues, including privacy, information security, and data preservation. These top lawyers discuss the rise of social media, the legal developments concerning domain names, and the challenge of handling cases that cross state or international borders. From new trends in copyright protection to the ramifications of the Stored Communications Act, these attorneys analyze the latest legal developments concerning information technology today. Additionally, the authors reveal their thoughts on potential future changes, such as the influence of cloud computing, and speculate on how cyberspace law may change in the years to come. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to navigating this rapidly-changing area of law. Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Sandra A. Jeskie, Partner, Duane Morris LLP - "Important Developments and Trends in Cyberspace Law"
2. Peter J. Pizzi, Partner, Connell Foley LLP - "Where Cyber and Employment Law Intersect, Risks for Managers Abound"
3. Terence P. Ross, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP - "Understanding ICANN's New Top-Level Domain Name Program"
4. Rick Sanders, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP - "Cyberspace Overlapping Public and Private Spheres: Fear, Exhilaration, the Internet, and the Stored Communications Act"
5. Michael P. Hindelang, Partner and Head: e-Discovery Practice Group, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP - "Changing Technology in Cyberspace and New Challenges for e-Commerce Clients and Their Attorneys"
6. Michelle Kaiser Bray, Partner, Baker & Daniels LLP - "Trends in Cyberspace Law: Brand Evolution in a Social Media Minute"
Appendix A: FTC Revised Endorsement Guides
Appendix B: US Census Bureau News, Quarterly Retail E-Commerce Sales Report, 4th Quarter 2010