BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2014
I have been a migraine sufferer for over 40 years. This book helped me understand migraines in a general sense and gave me helpful knowledge as I discussed treatment with my doctor. I especially enjoyed the description of the different types of medication. I learned what each drug targets and was able to better understand what works and what doesn't for me and why. I would recommend this tool as a source to educate yourself as you make decisions with your health care provider. I feel more empowered to take ownership of my treatment after reading this book.
on April 28, 2013
I would tell anyone with recurring headaches to read this book. Finding the cause for my headaches remains a mystery. There are so many facets to migraines that this book left me feeling I might never understand what the root cause is. What I experience could also be have multiple causes. I may never really know but at least now I have a greater understanding of what I am experiencing.
on March 2, 2010
This is an excellent book for anyone that suffers from chronic headaches. It will help you identify the different types of headache as well as how the headaches occur in the brain. He explains the different medications that are out there and how they work. There are also some natural remedies, such as magnesium and B2. It is written in an easy to understand format for the general public, so you won't have to be a doctor to understand this book. If you're having lots of headaches, definitely read this book.
on November 18, 2013
This is a wonderful book about headaches - it is a thin book (so don't get intimidated). I saw Dr Tepper when he practiced in Seattle he helped me a lot. He is a hard working and dedicated physician. I am so glad he wrote this.
on December 19, 2012
Practical advice and info for the layman, well organized and easy to follow. But just because it's written for the layman, don't underestimate the value of this book. It's helped me already.
on August 26, 2004
I am an otolaryngologist (aka ENT doctor) who sees a lot of patients with "sinus headache", most of whom have migraines. Although this book is presumably written for the lay person, and does a nice job for that audience, I have highly recommended this book to many doctors in training, and for physicians who see migraine patients, but may not have a lot of personal experience or professional experience with treating migraines. Its very readable, concise, and practical. I'm going to buy a couple of copies for my students to use while they are working with me!
on May 19, 2004
Anyone who experiences headaches and Migraines or knows someone who does needs some good books about headaches and Migraine in our libraries. This book is a quite worthy addition to anyone's library. Written "for general readers," the book is, "a comprehensive overview of causes, diagnoses, and treatments" written in a logical, easy flowing style. You'll find it complete, up-to-date, and easy to understand. Bravo!