Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 21, 2015
The teachings in this book was excellent. I really, really enjoyed every page. I gained greater insight into prayer and the final chapter on the call to fast and the correct mindset about fasting made it the dessert after a grand entrée. I would definitely recommend me this book even if you think you know everything about prayer you will gain something from this reading. Enjoy. I plan to read it again.
4 people found this helpful
on September 16, 2015
This is the most thorough manuscript I've been exposed that fully explains the purpose of prayer. Dr. Munroe's understanding of the Word of God in respect to God's purpose of colonization and our purpose as humans is critically important for all to understand if we will ever maximize the purpose and power of prayer! This is one book you need to not only purchase but read at least three times and then study it...your entire concept of prayer will change and you will find yourself experiencing a greater and more meaningful relationship with the King! Pastor Madison Charles Brown (Macon, GA)
on June 27, 2016
Although I have known most of the principles in this book for years, it wasa good refresher. This book would be very good for new Christians to learn the overwhelming privilege the have to effect the world around them by prayer and fasting.
on July 3, 2017
While seeking God to teach me to pray for many years...even recently hungry for the word and not knowing how to approach my loving and gracious Father...it was imperative that I learn...couldn't think of bringing my carnal prayer to the Holy one...this book is awesome...will study this book until it's engrafted in spirit mind will and emotions to pray for others and myself and most important relationship with my Father...thank you Mr. Monroe...miss you dearly...
on October 19, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy Dr Munroe's style of delivery and teaching.

This book contains a treasure chest of insightful knowledge and wisdom.

However, it will only make sense if you put it into practice. I know that I surely will.

Totally worth purchasing.
on December 13, 2014
Understanding The Purpose And Power Of Prayer is an excellent book. It teaches you step by step how to pray and answers a curious questions like... don't pray repetition prayers and the reason why and followed up with biblical scriptures for the foundation of the reason. It gets your focus and time. All you need is a nice quiet place to read. Make sure you take your time because it's REAL spiritual food.
on June 7, 2007
This is the first book you will need to get out of a powerless Christian rut. The churches that are emptying out in the 21st century are due in part to this type of powerless review mentioned by Mr. Ingle and Mr. G. Melton. When it comes to power Mr. G. Melton responds, "Myles goes so far as to call man "little gods". Can you imagine. I was horrified that I would expose my small group to this dribble." This the same response Jesus got when he said the same thing Mr. Monroe stated. All power has been given to Jesus but Jesus is not just a head--He has a body and just like us you can't separate the two. Jesus and the Father are ONE. Jesus and His Body are ONE. If you are in Jesus then He is in you. You are joint heirs.

Myles Munroe is spot on in this writing. Read then do. You can't evaluate this book by reading and judging if it was entertaining or inspirational without taking on the challenge of dominon on this earth. If you do not take dominion you will be dominated by sickness, poverty, lack, and death. Tell your brain to shut up and read and do. Then decide if the results are worth the read.

Mark 11:23-24
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (KJV)

John 14:13
And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (KJV)

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you. (KJV)

John 16:27
Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be made full. (KJV)

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. (KJV)

We have to thank Mr. Roy Ingle's review for starting out with a review of some other book than what is listed then preaching his doctrine for the rest of the review. Since preaching is an open for this book review I will mention the following to counter. It is miracles, healings and the power of the believer that is the dinner bell to the world's salvation. Jesus and Paul both preached with sign and wonders following and Jesus said we would do more and be at least, like Him. Jesus is our exemplar. Be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. And be therefore imitators of God, as dear children.

And Exodus 14:15 (God) Why are you praying to me to do something? Reach out your staff and part the waters.

I will preach this however, those who have never taken authority can't say you can't take authority. If you do not take dominion you will be dominated. However Mr. Ingle and Mr. G. Melton do make prime representations of Christian religion.

Over time, religion has made a compromise of Christianity. It has, in its core taken the place of what Jesus brought to the world. In short, Jesus re-established a direct relationship between man and God. He did not establish a religion, which is in essence a barrier between man and God. So if we remove religion from the Christian it is clearer to understand what Christianity is. Christian religion by its humanized nature is based on a utilitarian shape called a box. It has walls and a ceiling. You are "boxed-in" with religion because it is based on a penalty system of, "if you don't take Jesus as your Saviour then you are going to Hell." Then when you receive Jesus its about who you aren't, and what you can't do or never be. This is the same precedent the Pharisees acted on. They preached on the Laws of Moses while neglecting the Blessing of Abraham.

Read this:

The Authority of the Believer
10 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 10, 2017
It is a very good book. If you're not willing to do a little biblical research yourself the book may seem "a bit out there". I'm using it as a step to further my prayer life. It's written in a very understandable format (chapter summaries, principles and items to think about). As long as you lean on God's direction, it's a great help. In conjunction with my foundation and God guiding me, I'm not sure if I would have understood as much as I did.
on May 12, 2017
This is an awesome book about the foundation of any believer in The whole Bible! It's very well researched and communicated in a simple way. Even my pre teens could understand this encyclopedia of prayer.
on December 14, 2017
I learned a lot! I highly recommend this book. Very powerful! You can't read this book and not be changed.