- Series: Michigan Teacher Resource
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: University of Michigan Press ELT; 58957th edition (September 19, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0472030981
- ISBN-13: 978-0472030989
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.9 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #936,555 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Understanding Your Refugee and Immigrant Students: An Educational, Cultural, and Linguistic Guide (Michigan Teacher Resource) 58957th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Jeffra Flaitz is professor of MATESOL at the University of South Florida.
Top customer reviews
**Update** I like this so much, but it's getting more and more out of date. I wish it covered recent political developments affecting immigration, and several countries that I'm surprised aren't represented at all. One idea is to have my advanced students do a project of creating mini-chapters (or updates) on their own countries following the model of this book. Sharing the results as a class should be interesting to the diverse group of students, as well. Still a great book, with each chapter focusing on a particular country; easy to pick and choose the chapters most relevant to you.