Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 11-20 of 1,106 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,301 reviews
on May 20, 2016
Pretty god 3D.
on August 4, 2013
This movie is a great addition and must have to your Underworld collection! I never thought this movie was going to be made since it was 6 years since Underworld Evolution came out. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) seemed like just a filler movie that was probably the weakest of the 4 movies and a prequel. Kate Beckinsale looks great in Underworld Awakening and hasn't aged a bit; a little of that might be the make-up but she is still very beautiful at 40. I won't give out too much details for those who haven't seen this movie yet, but the ending makes it open for a 5th installment. I hope they make another Underworld movie to finish off the story line but only if Kate reprises her Selene role and have Len Wiseman either direct or write the story for it.

The Bluray quality is excellent! There are rich blacks which is important since most of the film has night time scenes. There isn't any noticeable grain. I was not able to watch it with full surround sound as I can't crank up the volume where I live.

I hope they never make a reboot of this franchise though because it was already done right and I can't imagine anyone else playing Selene! Who knows what studios will do though 10 to 15 years from now.
on June 18, 2017
Was charged the wrong price for all movies that we choose the SD version for $2.99. It adds up when it happens every time we choose a prime movie.
on February 14, 2016
excellent 3D special effects, and a first rate movie too. Very entertaining and I enjoy watching this time and again, the 3D works very well
on March 14, 2013
I'm typically not a guy you likes to see movies that I think have been overplayed. That's why if you ask me about say, "Smokey and the Bandit" I'll tell you only the first one is worth seeing, or say "Tremors," this one, I'm a little more lenient, see the trilogy, skip the 4th movie and the series if kinda mot-so, mot-so, it ain't bad but it could have used a budget.
That being said, let's look at "Underworld," all three movies, great quality, surprising epic story arch and great characters. Now take this movie it takes a side step from the others, the Lycan (short for lycanthropy: werewolves) issue isn't the problem anymore for the vampire heroine, not even her own corrupt kind are her problem. Now humans have gotten involved, and they take no prisoners. I a world where both immortals are hunted, what can the only hybrids do but try and stay one step ahead of the slaughter. This story [with some helpful writing by one of my personal favorites J. Michael Straczynski (JMS)] takes "Underworld" into a newer age of storytelling where a whole new set of stories can be conceived and told in a new time where the Immortals are not longer hidden. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
on May 12, 2017
Underworld: Awakening [Blu-ray] The audio track on this disc was filled with pops and snaps.
on April 21, 2017
Love vampire movies and when Kate is in its a better movie. She is my fav actress. She gets better with age.
on June 15, 2012
I love this series and this movie continued to expand it and brought back Selene. I am so happy that they seem to be preparing the series for the long haul. Great move bringing in younger actors to help keep the series alive and with a natural evolution.

Can't wait for the next movie!

On the SteelBook itself. It could be better. I gather the company that shipped it just bought them from Best Buy. Somewhere along the line it obtained some minor imperfections. Not pleased with this. A SteelBook should be durable and I bought it because I am a collector, obviously I paid the extra money to have an awesome looking movie in my collection. Very disappointed at the damage to the case.

The manufacturer of the case should also be ashamed, or whoever selected the quality it was made at. This is the weakest quality of SteelBook I have ever bought. There's no way to tell before you get it, but you assume a certain level of strength and weight to the steel when you invest the extra money.

It's a cool case, but overall disappointed in the quality of the SteelBook itself. I have bought collector's editions for other things that have much better quality, specifically the Collector's editions to both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Will be wary of buying a SteelBook from Best Buy in the future (I know an Amazon vendor sold it, but it still had the Best Buy stickers on it overtop the plastic wrap, of which I am thankful because I knew it was an exclusive and didn't want to get a knockoff).
on July 6, 2014
What's not to love about Kate Beckinsale? The Underworld series as a whole are interesting, with some nice spins on the traditional vampire/werewolf traditions. Kris Holden-Ried was terrific to watch - I was already a fan of his from the Lost Girl (2010-current) TV show, and it was great to see his big screen performance kept him in a similar paranormal format, i.e. he remained "wolfy"! The movie itself continued with the Gothic-look found in the original trilogy, which kept a nice continuity to it. Lot of action in this movie, but if you are expecting flashbacks to the previous movies, look elsewhere; this film is really an action movie with the Underworld brand and Kate Beckinsale starring, but no true plot that moves the world created in Underworld, forward. Still, I enjoyed it.
on May 6, 2017
Kate Beckinsale looks great as usual, but no chemistry, like she had in previous flick with co lead. Hope the following movie is better