Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Undeveloped
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$11.99

on May 10, 2011
After the soundtrack-like electronic dreamscape that was Devil In My Details ( a fine record, but not one I can repeatedly listen to), I was hoping for a return to a more coherent musical style for Ohgr and that's exactly what you get with this record.

Personally, I'm blown away by Undeveloped. If you're like me and really liked Sunnypsyop then you're going to love this album. Undeveloped is a dark electro-pop album with all the musically theatric qualities you come to expect from Ogre. In fact, get ready for his most melodic and sinister vocal performance to date. He does a lot more clean singing on here than I've heard from him and it goes great with the music. Lyrical oddities are abound as to be expected, with a lot of humorous obscenities thrown in for good measure ( the chorus to 101 is a good example). New Wave-ish synth lines with, heavy percussion and an overall dark melodic theme dominate this record. Don't expect something noisy or experimental this time around. If you are a fan of 80's electronic pop but also like your music dark as hell, then you will love this record. It doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard from the Ohgr project and after several good listens I have to say this is the best solo album he has made. Sample Comedown or Tragek and you'll see why.

p.s. There is another track right after Nitwitz ends and its one of the best on the album.

Highly recommended.
on May 22, 2011
I was excited about this release since it was announced. The Skinny Puppy guys are truly inspirational to me. Everything they have done has blown my mind in some way or form.
That being said, I think this is Ohgr's strongest release yet. It is dark and aggressive, yet still maintains a pop sort of structure in a good way. It does have some flavore of all previous releases. It is a fresh sounds though, it is hard to explain.
All I know is that this music is meant to crank up loud and sing along to. 101, Crash and Comedown will get your butt moving. Pissage and Tragek will satisfy old school puppy fans. Hollow has some great vocal layers that show how much Ogre has improved as a singer. I have been listening to this cd since the day it came out none stop.
If you are a fan of the Skinny Puppy team or Industrial fan in general do yourself a favor and get this album. You will not be let down.
on May 12, 2011
As an old time Skinny Puppy fan, I perfectly remember when I first listened to OhGr 10 years ago. I feel in love with Ogre's softer side and experimental voice manipulations and Welt became one of my favourite albums of all times. It didn't sound like Skinny Puppy, and that was good to me. The Sunnypsyop came and I also liked it, but some of its songs tried to sound like Skinny Puppy, which wasn't bad per se but I personally preferred OhGr to sound like themselves. And then came Devil in My Details and I was terribly disappointed. Don't misinterpret me, I'm not saying it's a bad album, actually it's quite good, but it wasn't what I expected from ohGr. It wasn't catchy enough, it was nearer Skinny Puppy than ohGr.

Now years have passed and a new album, 'Undeveloped' is here with us. When I first listened to 'Tragek' I remember I was disappointed. Really, now I don't know why cos I love that song, but back then I didn't know what to expect from ohGr. And now the album: Undeveloped is a wonderful album. Really. Is it a back to the roots? No, I don't think so, cos to me it doesn't sound like Welt or Sunnypsyop at all. And definitely it doesn't sound like Devil in My Details at all. It's much better. Its sound is stylised and yet noisy. It manages to sound, at times, as poppy as Welt but at the same time as noisy as Skinny Puppy.

For example, '101' may remind us to old Skinny Puppy, but when I say old, I mean ooooold, Remission-Bites era, but at the same time it sounds modern. It's noisy and electronic but at the same time it sounds rock. 'Crash' is 100% Ogre, a wonderful track where Ogre displays his best voice manipulations and effects. His voice is not a great voice, but it's a very personal voice and the way he treats it is really superb. Some songs are more atmospheric, like 'Comedown'; 'Hollow' even reminds me of another of my favourite bands, The Rorschach Garden. It has that minimal synth wave touch, except for Ogre's voice of course. 'Bellew' is the most similar to a Ballad Ogre has ever sung (together with 'Cult' and 'Candle' perhaps), and it actually sounds like synth pop. 'Tragek' comes in a shorter version which to me is better cos it's more focused. 'Nitwitz' is the rockiest song here, Ogre sings with less effects; one of those songs that are highly welcome in an album; if all songs were like this, I don't think I'd love this album, but it fits perfectly. 'Collidoscope' ends the album and it's also a superb song, with great sound and back vocals effects, and very theatrical (it reminds me of Roger Waters in the Wall).

All in all, a superb album by Ogre; obviously not all songs maintain the same spectacular level, but there are no fillers either. It manages to sound acessible but at the same time experimental; I think it has elements for both die-hard Skinny Puppy fans and Welt-Ohgr fans. I highly recommend it. And new Skinny Puppy album (hanDover) for September.
on November 28, 2011
As a Skinny Puppy fan since the Bites Remission era, I must say that this album has become one of my recent favorites. IMO Too Dark Park was Puppy's last great album and this effort from Ohgr is the closest I have heard since then. I really wish Puppy would make an album sounding more like the time between Mind the Perp and Too Dark Park. Everything they released during those 3 to 4 years was phenomenal. Puppy's current release HanDover is just another disappointing current era Puppy release. Heres to hoping for a return of the real Puppy.
on January 14, 2014
... but this release has an almost 'pop' quality to it to my ears.

Cutting my teeth in industrial music with Skinny Puppy it's no wonder I'd want to hear Ogre's solo work as well. And believe me... this release doesn't disappoint. It pushes all the appropriate buttons, which is good.

But I'll be damned if I don't hear a subtle pop quality to the songs. Granted, "pop" is probably too strong a word, but I don't know how else to describe it. Upbeat? More accessible (if you're a non-industrial music listener)?

It's good. Not great. But worthy of owning and supporting the artist.
on May 14, 2011
I just received the album and on 1st listen, it captivates, it expresses, it takes the listener to interesting places. I love it. Ohgr never disappoints, never. Thank you to the creators (Ogre, Mark Walk, etc) for the hard work and amazing creativity. The world is a better place because of what you do (at least my world is) ;-)
on June 5, 2014
I actually enjoyed Ogre's solo release vs
the 2 last Skinny Puppy releases ....

Guys - here's a hint - please bring back
Dave "Rave" Olgivie to work the knobs
in the studio (and as a 3rd band member)
on May 22, 2011
Unlike the previous Ohgr album, "Devil in the Details", "Undeveloped" sounds more like Ohgr and less like Skinny Puppy. Although it still has some Skinny Puppy traits within it (which can be good), "Undeveloped" has less of that scrap metal experimental industrial sound acustom to Skinny Puppy; and more chemical laced pop beats with the meancing mechincal voice of Nivek Ohgr casting spells within it all.
Another plus is that "Undeveloped" plays as an entire album much like "Devil in the Details". With transition pieces Ohgr will build into his next vision seemlessly with master systematic precision. But unlike "Devil", we don't have that annoying man chanting modern poetry as the transition goes through song to song. If you are looking for singles to buy; there are none this is a complete album and plays as one.
Needless to say, if you are a fan of Ohgr, Skinny Puppy, Download, and other similar works; this a definite buy.
on March 17, 2014
IMO this is the best ohGr album to date. I still would recommend Welt to newbies but this album is SOOOOO good. Every track is unique to ohGrs sound and totally different than Skinny Puppy. I have every ohGr album and this one is my favorite. I honestlt don't think he'll ever be able to top it, though i hope he proves me wrong. I like to refer to it as Horror Pop music. This album has alot of feeling in it and has gotten me through some rough times. Highly recommended.
on October 20, 2013
put in the only visceral fashion that mr kevin can put it.
sounds more like a SP album that his other solo project work, not a bad thing..... (not diss-respecting his other albums, great too)
The vocal treatments and thematic unfolding of the album cannot be denied