Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Unfinished Song
Format: DVD|Change

on May 9, 2014
Steven Ramm's excellent review makes two of the main points I was going to make about this sweet, underappreciated film: first, that 'Song' is essentially a fictionalized version of the brilliant documentary 'Young@Heart'; second, that Amazon's list of actors leaves out both the great Terrence Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave. Gemma Arterton, Christopher Eccleston surely deserve their place on the mantle, but this film is about these four actors.

Two other things about the film of note:

Gemma Arterton - This classically beautiful British girl is in top form here. Speaking of which, do yourself a treat and check her out in the tragically under-watched Tamara Drewe.

Box Office - 'Song' only made $1.7m in US domestic box office. That's a shame. I hope people discover it online. It couldn't help that this movie was called 'Song for Marion' almost everywhere else in the world.
on June 19, 2014
I'm so happy to have received my DVD of this lovely movie today! I'm a writer and I also write reviews for a few novelists. But, I also love movies!! I saw this movie a month ago and when I give a movie a "5 STAR RATING" it's for a few reasons...when a movie touches my heart and makes me feel happy and sad (sadness is part of life...so it's a feeling that I believe can enlighten us to realize "life is precious...DON'T WASTE A MOMENT!). Social redeeming qualities are essential...and this movie has it! There's laughter, crying, a bit of anger which happens in families...or it can be deemed a disappointed feeling which seems to look like anger...nevertheless, it's what everyone experiences at some point...but these kind of things are sometimes essential so people can learn from them! And there's joy and compassion which is a great foundation for all the characters in this movie. Life is a circle and this movie has much to offer! The music is fun and I'll bet if you give it a whirl, you'll enjoy this movie and will want to watch it more than once! Vanessa Redgrave is one of my favorites...I actually saw her in person in Boston in a building of law firms where I worked in 1984...she and I passed each other in the lobby...IT WAS AMAZING!!! I'll always remember that day...it was GREAT TO SEE HER!!! Get this movie and enjoy!!!! :-)
on January 28, 2014
I thought it sounded good. He thought it didn't. Well, we watched and it's Good! It IS a bit of a tear-jerker here and there. But it's also sweet and funny and just plain a good movie - and there "just ain't" that many of those out there anymore (were there ever? Or, maybe I've become more sensitive with some issues of dress, language and rampant sex as I've aged?)
Anyway, this one is a keeper. We'll watch and enjoy it many times I'm sure!
on December 7, 2017
Very good movie. Made over seas. I have enjoyed it every time I see it on TV. A feel good movie about aging and lost.
on March 3, 2014
It is so easy to see the faults in our children that we forget to appreciate their good points. Growing old should be a time of enjoying our loved ones (wife, children and grand-children). I look at my son growing up with all his faults, shortcomings and then it hit me ....I just saw myself at his age. It is a rare privilege from God and a humbling experience! I am learning from it and carefully teaching and guiding my son to avoid my own past mistakes.
I love old people and enjoy listening to them....not many people are patient enough to listen to them. This is a turn-around decision I came to when I lost my Dad 23 years ago. Floods of memories filled my heart and I realized I had waited too late to do the things I had all planned out to do with him, like sit down to hear him talk about himself, his childhood, etc. I since promised to enjoy the company of all the elderly friends (my new mothers and fathers) I've been privileged to make over the years. It is a lesson in patience, long-suffering and humility!
Chuks, Nigeria.
on February 3, 2017
I love the genre, especially the films featuring the "grand dames" of British media, but despite some notable performances of the key players, i found this movie rather contrived and insipid.
on January 28, 2014
This was a surprising movie, and ran us up and down the emotional gamut from beginning to end. A combative grouch dealing with cancer-ridden wife's desire to live every moment in joy. Not a dry eye in the house with the uplifting finish. Not for small children due to language and mature themes, but a great movie for us 'older' viewers looking for character, humor and great acting. Thanks!
on October 7, 2013
I say that because I am pretty sure that this is a movie mostly ignored by young people. How else can one explain that I never heard about it until it was out in a box on a shelf at the local Target store? There it was and I did not know this movie, never read about it, heard not a word about it. My wife and I went home, called a couple of other old people, and streamed it. We all loved it. The actors, the story, the tears, the laughter, the sentiment: all just fine. When it comes out on Blu ray, I will purchase it.
on December 7, 2017
Wonderful story! So glad I found it!
on March 7, 2014
Vanessa is wonderful as the mother/grandmother who is living her final months joyfully singing in a community choir. She is loved by everyone and you can see why? Her husband is such a grouch I wonder what she ever saw in him! But they love one another despite their apparently opposite ways of being in the world. There were smiles when the old folks were singing and shimmying. The young woman directs the group with gusto and compassion. I had tears and smiles... quite a bit like life.