Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Uniden Bearcat BC125AT Handheld Scanner. 500 Alpha-Tagged channels. Public Safety, Police, Fire, Emergency, Marine, Military Aircraft, and Auto Racing Scanner. Lightweight, Portable Design.
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$25.00 (19%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Listen in and stay informed, this sophisticated scanner has 500 alpha-tagged channels in a convenient compact design with loads of features. Close Call RF capture technology instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters and the Do Not Disturb Mode prevents Close Call checks during a transmission.
- Listen to Over 40,000 Frequencies, you can listen to both civilian and military bands, including Police, Ambulance, Fire, Weather, Marine, Aircraft, Railroad, Civil Air, Amateur radio services, and Racing events.
- Search More Efficiently with 500 Alpha-Tagged Channels Finding the channel you want to listen to is easy, with 500 channels divided into 10 storage banks. Organize your channels by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer. Alpha Tagging lets you assign names to your channels, so you can keep track of who you are listening to.
- Lightweight, Portable Design, take this Bearcat handheld radio scanner with you on the road, or on outings. It packs plenty of features, the orange backlight display is easy to read, even in low light conditions.
- Get started listening right away with convenient Pre-sets for the most popular searches. Frequencies are preset in ten separate Police, Fire/Emergency, Ham, Marine, Railroad, Civil Air, Military Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS/MURS, and Racing search bands. This makes it easy to find channels that interest you.
- included components: Uniden Bearcat 500 Channel Alpha Numeric Hand Held Radio Scanner Civil & Military Aircraft Bands Usb Cable Free Software Available Online
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
BC125AT 500 Channel Handheld Scanner with Alpha Tagging
Listen in and stay informed with the Uniden BC125AT Compact Bearcat Handheld Scanner. This sophisticated scanner with 500 alpha-tagged channels boasts a convenient compact design and loads of features. Close Call RF capture technology instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters and the Do Not Disturb Mode prevents Close Call checks during a transmission. With this Bearcat scanner, you can listen to military and civilian air bands. You can also get important weather and safety alerts.
Listen to Over 40,000 Frequencies
The Bearcat BC125AT handheld scanner gives you direct access to over 40,000 frequencies. You can listen to both civilian and military bands, including police, ambulance, fire, weather, marine, aircraft, railroad, civil air, amateur radio services, and racing.
Search More Efficiently with 500 Alpha-Tagged Channels
Finding the channel you want to listen to is easy, with 500 channels divided into 10 storage banks. Organize your channels by department, location, area of interest, or any other way you prefer. Alpha Tagging lets you assign names to your channels, so you can keep track of who you are listening to.
Lightweight, Portable Design
Take this Bearcat handheld radio scanner with you on the road, or on outings. It packs plenty of features in a lightweight, portable design. The orange backlight display is easy to read, even in low light conditions.
|Conventional||Analog Trunking||Digital Trunking||Database (Digital)|
|Use For||Events, Gifts, Amateur Radio, Rural Public Safety, NASCAR, Auto Races, Boat Races, Military, Marine, Railroad||Everything to the left, plus, Analog Public Safety, Technical user in areas w/o digital trunking systems||Everything to the left, plus, Digital Public Safety, Technical user in areas with digital trunking systems||Digital Public Safety Communications, Easy HomePatrol Programming by Zip Code|
Compare with similar items
"The Bearcat BC125AT Handheld Scanner has a feature called Close Call Technology. The Close Call RF Capture instantly tunes to signals from nearby transmitters and the Close Call Do Not Disturb Mode prevents close call checks during a transmission. This radio is compact and features Weather Alert technology and is capable of attaching to civilian and military air bands.Receives conventional channels on the following frequencies: (25-54 MHz) (108-174 MHz) (225-380 MHz) (400-512 MHz) ". Pre-Sets for Popular Channels
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since I live in a little po-dunk city, you can be sure that your local emergency departments have all changed over to digital as well. The only chatter this scanner picks up is the local cab company. If you download the available software, this scanner is easy to program. But that's a moot point when you can't tune in to any of the important channels broadcasting in your area.
Be sure to note the date of any positive review for this product. Time has moved on. Due to advances in technology, this radio is useful only if you specifically want to listen to NOAA weather reports and the pedantic conversations of local amateur radio operators. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice scanner. But it's a total waste of money if your intent is to listen to your local emergency services.
BUY A DIGITAL SCANNER. This one is WAY behind the times.
I decided on the Uniden BC125AT after helping a friend program his. There were a number of things I found that helped me decide:
• Good sound. The filtering in this scanner was able to filter out the static noise from the various electronics in our home.
• Compact size and comfortable in the hand.
• Alpha Numeric channel programming and labeling. The ability to add labels to each channel as it appears on the screen during a transmission makes it easier to know what is actually happening. I can instantly know what dispatch center is transmitting.
• The free Windows software available from the Uniden website (link in the owners manual) allowed me to quickly and easily enter the frequencies I wanted along with a name for each channel, save it to a file on my computer, then upload the file to the scanner. With ten separate banks of 505 channels each, it was a simple matter to create separate banks for Fire, Police, Air Firefighting Resources, and even separate banks for local city emergency resources. After I programmed the friend's unit I received mine about two days later and it took just a few seconds to upload the data into my BC125AT.
• The ability to lock out banks. It is very easy to lock out any of the banks so, for example, you can lock all out except one bank where you program local fire resources.
• Scan all banks, scan one bank, or pick on channel to scan. In an emergency it is nice to be able to just listen to the main fire dispatch channel and it is easy to select that function.
• The multi-function "volume knob." The rotary knob has many functions including setting the volume, adjusting the squelch, scrolling through the channels saved in banks.
• Adjustable screen brightness and contract
THE BAD (or at least, not as good)
• The included rechargeable batteries are decent but the charger in the Uniden is set by time only in hours. Insert a fully-charged pair of cells and plug the Uniden in and if the charger is set to charge for six hours, it will charge for that period of time. This overheats the batteries which can shorten their life. Thy get quite warm to the touch, but so far not dangerously so. I suggest keeping a spare set of batteries charged and switch them out as needed.
• It charges through the USB cable, and only charges the batteries when the unit is turned off. If the BC125AT is on, the batteries will not receive a charge. When turned off the charge restarts and will run the full length of time you selected in the menu system.
• When I purchased this, the Amazon link to the warranty information was to an old PDF page from 2010 from Uniden that stated the unit had a three (3) year warranty. THAT IS INCORRECT. The printed manual that came with the scanner (©2012) states it has a one (1) year warranty. I called Uniden today (8/6/2018) and that information was confirmed.
• The owners manual could be better. This is a powerful unit and can do a lot of things. To access much of the menu system takes multiple button presses. The manual describes these is somewhat more complicated text than is necessary. Flow charts for each functions would have been MUCH better. I know- I have written owners manuals and created flow charts for similar programming and function systems.
I give this unit 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the outdated battery charging system. Other than that, this is a very nice scanner for under $100. I do suggest purchasing the extended warranty so that you have more than one year's protection.
NOTE: The linked PDF warranty file on the Amazon sales page when I purchased this scanner stated that the warranty was three (3) years. IT IS NOT! That PDF file was from 2010. The ©2012 owners manual that comes with the scanner states that the warranty period is one (1) year. I verified this with Uniden Customer Service.
Do your research before buying. Make sure what you want to listen to is even accessible. For example, many local police, fire and other frequencies are now encrypted or carried over proprietary networks which are not accessible to the public.
Top international reviews
Not really impressed.
It was well packed, seems solid, and I was able to charge it using USB, and also connect it to my laptop where I was able to update the firmware as well as adjust some settings.
I still recommend it.
This small scanner is very sensitive and the signal meter can be used to fox hunting.
Uniden legendary quality.
But it's been working fine.
Have to see if I can get an attachment to increase the signal when using inside the car.