Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on November 28, 2016
DO NOT BUY THE RECHARGEABLE ONES!!
Instead of regular triple A batteries, they send you triple A rechargeable batteries inside, AND THEY ARE THE WORST rechargeable batteries ever.
We weren't sure what the problem was when one kept losing the charge. We thought it was busted. But then the other started to die really quickly. We are talking about only a few minutes of use maybe twice a day.
So you're paying more money for nothing really, because the battery life of the rechargeables is so impractical, that you'll put regular batteries in it, or go buy some quality rechargeables.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2017
Clarity and good range. Clip is meh.

My wife and I mountain bike and do a lot of hiking and taking our cell phones is a hassle, so we wanted an easy form of communication without having to rely on spotty cell coverage. This pair of walkie talkies seem to be ideal. For the price you can't beat it.

PROS: First thing is the size, dare I say it - it's almost cute. It is small and looks like it was made for kids, but when we turned it on and tested it, we were both shocked by the clarity of the communication. Voice clarity was sharp and clear. It was as good as any house phone. We didn't test for range, but we expected to at least get 1/2 the distance of 8 miles of the 16 miles range. If we get that we'd be happy, but if I left my wife 8 miles back on a hike or biking I probably should be writing a book about divorce for being a jerk, but the clarity was great.

The usage of it was simple, and the buttons are well laid out. The screen is small, but I don't expect to reference that all that much.

CONS: The clip is a joke. If you were hoping this stay clip on a belt or backpack, it will probably end up with ordering a new pair of walkie-talkies. I will most likely keep this in my pocket or backpack or find a way to secure. It's the only initial thing in my review that mars a good pair of walkie talkies and for the price you cannot beat it.
on July 27, 2017
My children and I have had these walkie-talkies for almost a year now. They work very well at a distance of up to almost 1 mile. The reason for the low star rating is even on the flat Terrain that I have been in they got nowhere close to working over one mile. The description says up to 16 miles. I cannot imagine what circumstance these would work up to 16 miles that is a very misleading statement and it is in the title description. I did give them 2 stars because they do work very well up to almost a mile and they seem to be of a Fairly good quality build.
on December 29, 2017
Great Buy. I was tired of the toy walkie talkies for my kids and bought theses as an alternative. So far the distance we checked was a mile and still clear as being in the same house. Easy to use and the kids love them. Plus, being in florida its a great emergency go to.
on June 1, 2017
These are the perfect little radios for your family camping trips or fishing trips. These have come in quite handy heading up some of these logging roads in Oregon to make sure the large trucks know that I'm on my way up. I can honestly tell you this little radio has saved my life, or at least from a head-on collision with a log truck. This 16 mile radius I don't believe is accurate. In the Pacific Northwest forest the maximum distance I found for these radios to be effective is about a mile and a half. Still a great product for the price.
on September 4, 2017
I was so proud of the set, but as we began using them for the first time we realized one of them will not charge properly, major disappointment. I had bought them for camping trips we just had the first opportunity to use them, of course I'm right outside the return window so I cannot even exchange...
on September 16, 2017
Love these! One Channel 1, can go at least one mile away. My grandson loved it!
review image
on August 4, 2017
I rarely post reviews, however I am hoping that my review will help others in my position for this purchase. I am a teacher and bought this product hoping that after school when my daughter wanted to go play on the playground or go to someone else's classroom that this would be a great way to keep up with her while I worked in the room. It is - but the battery life stinks. The original batteries lasted less than 8 hours. So, I did some research and bought rechargeable batteries. They have lasted less than 3 hours. The radios are the perfect size for my daughter and are easy for her to clip on. My dislike is that the batteries life is terrible even using rechargeable batteries. I don't want to have to replace or take out and recharge the batteries every day. So, if you are needing radios that will be used most afternoons for maybe an hour at a time I would recommend radios with a charger and not one with batteries.
on February 13, 2013
Not sure why I have wanted a pair of these so badly, but I have and thought they would be good to have in my disaster/B.O. bag. They are a great size, easy to use, but still offer lots of extras (some I cannot figure how I can even justify having lol), and offer the ability to have/use an earphone with a mic. The reviews that I have found claim that the range is pretty close to what it actually is and stays fairly clear. Battery usage is moderate and honestly I think that my rechargeable batteries hold out better in these than it said they would. I am a bit clumsy (to put it mildly) and they have held out well besides a minor scratch. The belt clip also holds out better than I would have thought since I usually break them off within the first few times I use them, but these held out well. Volume is good with a range that can keep it loud enough to hear in a crowd and still not be so distorted or 'tinny' to be annoying. I wouldn't use them for music obviously, but they do well for their purpose.
on December 6, 2017
Very happy with the performance of these radios. Gave one to the kids and kept one for myself while camping. Kids could roam freely in the sate park and these fit the bill well. Locking the config helped out so they couldn't accidentally turn them off or turn the volume down. also did some downhill skateboarding and had the family drive behind me in a car. We each had a radio and it performed well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.