Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 444 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,006 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 8, 2017
Nice unit! Though, I am disappointed that it seems that everything these days is made of plastic.
I feel if this were to drop onto the floor, it would crack very easily.

We bought this because recently crime in our area has been on the rise, which is so sad being this neighborhood was very quiet. This actually alerted us when a break in was occurring in our neighborhood, and we were on the look out when we heard it come over the scanner.

What I like about this unit, is that it is very easy to set up, and instructions are included.
You will also receive a charging cord and this does take batteries so you can take it with you.

The buttons and screen light up when you press and hold the lower left button.
No two way communication with this one.

This arrived on time, and well protected.

If you feel that my review has helped you in any way, please hit the "yes" box below this review. I never know if I am actually helping others.
I have posted a picture of the unit and hoping Amazon will keep it here.
review image
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2016
Perfect for NASCAR. Allows you to assign channels to a number and gives you 300 slots. Perfect for 3 series and listening to Race Control. Small and light, fits in your hand, has a belt clip, and is easy to figure out. Highly recommend it.
on March 8, 2017
 This is a nice scanner for the cost. I found it much easier to program with the software the company offers. Youtube has alot of videos on how to use this radio so you will not be left in the dark. If your looking for a affordable scanner this is the one for you
on July 2, 2017
Awesome for races or listening to airplanes talking to the tower! It takes a bit to read and understand how to program it. If you have a PC (or a mac that can emulate) there is software you can download to program it and is a lot faster/easier than doing it manually. You can also save back-ups of your programming.
on March 5, 2017
Got this as a gift for my step dad. He loves it. Can hardly put it down!
on March 28, 2017
I love this handheld scanner! I followed instructions and had no problems entering my local frequencies (70 yr old female here)!! All functions are easy to operate. I use it as backup scanner when we lose power and take it with us to our lake house. Also, great value for the price!
on July 6, 2014
This Scanner is a replacement for my Radio Shack scanner that I've had for ages. Once past the learning curve for programming this little jewel, it works perfectly for my uses. I'm a railroad photographer and use it to find out whats happening on the rails and it has great range and is a valuable asset for my photographic activities.
on July 10, 2017
I purchased it for using at the races and it works great
on April 14, 2016
quick frequency install via internet radio frequencies list for owners( 80 mile area.) antenna provided 5 inch is fine but i put it to my old analog scanner one foot long multi element (at peak of rooftop antenna )and got so much going on at s c a n mode. get one of these and you can quickly hear that police emergency vehicle transmitt clear speech going tothat location ( of your curosity.) offers options like 200" lock out channels" that made noise when scanning. buy two each 2300 mh aa batteries and listen for a couple of days current draw very low.these go for twice the cost elsewhere , see you tube reviews and how to plug and play . enter scanner bc75 xlt at search space.
on July 15, 2014
I bought this with the intention of listening to the ATC frequencies at the airports near me. I programmed all the frequencies into this so now it will scan through them automatically until one has a signal. I can also manually switch through them as well. It worked very well while I was at the airport and I was able to pick up everything I had programmed into it. I'm still not entirely sure how to use this. I know there has to be a feature to manually key in a station, I either haven't figured it out, or the channels I keyed in weren't broadcasting at the time. I like it and think it works very well.

It does take a little effort to set up, and your computer won't recognize it when it's plugged in. When you're in the program on the computer to program the channels, there's a command to send the presets to the device. This works regardless of if the computer has recognized it or not. I also like that I can save the file with all the presets. Since I have other friends into plane spotting, I can send them the file with all the ORD frequencies programmed already.