Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Portable Electronics Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- 40 Channels
- Front Mount Microphone
- 4w Audio Output
- 40-channel mobile CB radio with superheterodyne circuit/phase locked loop for precise control
- Built-in automatic noise limiter and auto-squelch to eliminate noise and improve communication
- Signal/RF meter and LED indicators to monitor activity; instant channel 9 access for emergency situations
- Connect external speakers and use PA/CB switch for use as a Public Address system
- Front-positioned microphone with extra-long, coiled cord for convenient use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
This compact CB transceiver incorporates state-of-the-art microelectronics into a sophisticated Euro-styled 2-way radio. The integrated PA system allows you to connect an external speaker and use the CB to make announcements.
-Full 40 Channel Operation - Operates on all 40 AM CB Channels.
-ANL Switch - Limits ignition and other impulse noise.
-PA/CB Switch - Lets you quickly switch to PA mode to make announcements on an external speaker.
-Instant Channel 9 - Instantly tune to the emergency CB channel.
-S/RF Meter - Lets you monitor your scanners signal input and output.
Uniden Cb 2Way Cb Radio 40Ch Compact 7Wat
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Small/compact. I use this in the center console of my '14 Silverado. Works great!
- RF gain control. Didn't think I would use/need this...boy was I wrong. In a noisy washed out environment...comes in handy
- No beep-beep-beep crap unlike the big Uniden I have. No sounds when switching between channels or pushing buttons
- PA output and switch. Absolute kickass fun scaring dogs, deer, cats, kids, or broadcasting something funny with a horn speaker
- Microphone. Looks cheap and flimsy. DON'T go out and replace it. This mic is really good and works well. I had a noise canx mic...this one works better.
- Speaker output - I USE THE MOST. Go get you a small high quality CB ext speaker at a truck stop...and plug it in.
- Might be "too compact" for folks with big fingers.
- Old school LED display is hard to see in the daylight...excellent at night tho.
- Speaker power out could be a bit better with some type of tone control
- Wx function would have been nice
- Tuned VSR to 1:1 with my Firestik antenna on my pickup. Used high quality coax. CB system is 100% good. Talk is strong, Rx is excellent. Lots of good stuff in such a small package. Buy it.
Strong reception and transmission, now that everything is setup properly and the antenna is tuned. Here are our details for this installation on our 2005 Jeep Wrangler:
Uniden PRO520XL mounted at the bottom-left of the kick panel on the front passenger's side. Used the supplied mount but tossed the supplied screws as they were flat-nosed and next to impossible to get started (even with a small drilled starter hole). Picked two similarly sized/threaded flat-head wood screws from our tool box, and they did the trick. See pictures.
FireStik FSII four foot tunable antenna mounted on the rear passengers-side taillight using an FSM Design mount (FSM Jeep Antenna Mount) and a FireStik K-4A stud (Firestik K-4A Stud).
Connected the radio to the antenna with an Astatic nine foot RG-8X coaxial cable (Astatic 9-Ft Rg8x Coaxial Cable) with PL-259 connector ends. Crystal clear transmission and reception, with the ANL (noise limiter) switched on. Originally used a RG-58A/U coaxial cable but there was way too much noise; cable deemed defective, or maybe just not right for our Jeep, but the RG-8X cable works quite well.
Tuned the FireStik FSII antenna (FireStik FSII) with the help of an Astatic PDC7 SWR Meter (CB / Ham Radio SWR / RF Meter Astatic PDC7). Easy to tune and provided fantastic results.
The mic, though seemingly somewhat light and small feeling, is hot! It really does a great job. Mounted the mic holder on the ashtray blank... that turned out to be the perfect place for the holder as it is easy to reach but the mic does not get in the way of shifting. Installed the mic holder sideways instead of vertical, so I slide the mic from right to left into the holder for storage. Works just fine this way; holds the mic nicely in place. As with the CB mount, I tossed the supplied screws (again, flat-nose) and found two similarly sized/threaded flat-head wood screws in our tool box. Drilled small starter holes and that did the trick.
The size of this compact Uniden radio is exactly what we needed to use inside the fairly small cabin of the Jeep. Additionally, the Squelch, RF Gain and ANL features work surprisingly well.
Bottom line: I really like this radio and am very happy with its performance and compatibility with the other gear in the rig, as described above. Now that the radio has proven itself and I have decided it's a keeper, I am off to purchase two additional accessories:
.... (1) a PA speaker, so I can share a few choice words with the bozos that are texting and driving
.... (2) an internal speaker to boost the radio's sound a bit -- hey, soft top Jeeps ain't quiet, ya know...
This radio has ports on the back for both of these add-ons, so why not!
Would purchase this radio again, if needed.