Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 16, 2016
This camera paired to my existing Uniden G955 system the moment I pressed the button. The video is solid and of reasonable resolution (480x320). This is NOT an HD camera, but is good enough to allow recognition of neighbors at the front door (5 - 10 feet). The camera is silver with a matching silver mount. I chose the silver camera because it is cheaper than white or black. It actually looks very good. The package came with the camera, antenna, mount, power supply, and extension cable. The camera automatically switches from day mode to night. During the day it is full color. At night, it is monochrome and very sensitive to artificial lighting and near IR. In fact, there is a house about 100 yards from me and I can easily detect their interior lights. The specifications say sensitivity is 1 - 7 lux and I'd say this is correct. A low light sensor in the camera triggers IR LEDs to extend its "pitch black" reach to approximately 25 - 40 feet depending on the IR reflectivity of objects in the field of view. This is a good camera that I'd buy again!
3 people found this helpful
on June 28, 2016
I bought this to replace one of our existing cameras (we use three systems). We've used them for more than two years with some success but there are definitely downsides. First, the entire system will periodically (and mysteriously) go offline and has to be manually reset which defeats the entire purpose. This problem is so serious that we've added cameras from other manufacturers at all three locations to backup the Uniden system.

The motion sensing is too sensitive even when turned down at the monitor. Just about anything will set it off and sometimes it is pretty hard to figure out what set it off.

Finally, the resolution by current standards is pretty lousy.
3 people found this helpful
on September 20, 2014
Range Works pretty well for our 2200 sq/ft house. Needs a time stamp on recordings. Haven't played back on computer yet so maybe it will stamp it there. Battery doesn't last more than a couple hours when unplugged from base though. Base needs to be put near eathernet connection to use phone app. I really wish there was a cloud type service I could stream video too as that would add a extra layer of security. A thief can't take the cloud but they could take the base monitor with the memory card in it. If there is a way to do that I'd like to know. I purchased a 32 gig card to add to recording length. It will record at least 4 days loop with the amount of movement triggered recordings on 4 cameras we have. Video quality I'd say is ok but not stellar. Night vision is good. Cameras are solid and not at all cheap feeling or looking. Well made components all round. My iPhone app works ok also.
on November 5, 2016
Arrived on time, having trouble with one of them having a purple hue haven't contacted the business yet hopefully it is something that can reset. Uniden is a great camera system I had 2 other uniden cameras these were to finish the 4 that could be added to the system. So i will still give 5 stars because i haven't contacted the company. It still gives a good clear picture it just looks like your a little different color.
on March 26, 2017
I've had this system for several years with no issues then purchased two more cameras in June 2016. They worked great until one of the power cords just stopped working. I've looked all over locally for a replacement and cannot find one, which really pisses me off since the camera is less than a year old and the online price to purchase is half the cost of the camera!

These cameras are wonderful and the video is clear both night and day but since one of mine no longer works....
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 29, 2016
I had to change my review because my night vision stopped working. I do own 3 others and never had issues. I looked at the return policy and I can't exchange it. I'm not very happy.
6 people found this helpful
on June 20, 2013
This product is top rated in my book. I purchased two to complete the Uniden Guardian Security System. The only downside is the SD card has to be taken out and downloaded to my PC. Uniden should have added a connector to either USB, Ethernet, or wireless to automatically download to a folder on my PC.
The docking station connects to display images to a remote device (Droid Razr and Motorola Zoom Tablet). The display is like having a tablet (walking around the house or outside), nice to go from room to room for checking the system.
Very good quality, images exceeded my expectations.
I would still recommend this system to anyone.
on May 5, 2014
These cameras look good but the motion detection needs to get better. It records when the trees move and shadows occur, bugs fly around. I would say to sensitive but really needs better technology to know when it is a person, animal and so on. Mine records constantly and is a bit of a pain to go through all the 2 minute videos. Easy set up though, overall good for the money. I just think they can do better on the motion detection. :-)
2 people found this helpful
on November 23, 2015
The first camera did not have functioning night vision Infra red LED's working, so night video was horrible compared to my 2 Uniden cameras that were originally installed three years ago. The replacement camera shipped out very promptly and worked great!
Very satisfied over all with this model of camera and its daytime and nighttime resolution.
2 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2015
I bought three of these cameras and feel they work well enough for what I need. The 4th camera I purchased in August has developed a problem with moisture getting inside the lens and causing a blurring picture. I've used a hair blower to dry out the lens area, but the next day it is back to being blurry. So the rating would have been 4 or 5 stars, but have to lower it too a 2 or 3 rating.