Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 12, 2012
After a coma and a wheelchair, I am inclined not to get medicine anymore, but my sleep is still a problem and for an over-the-counter sleep-aid, this can't be beat!
on September 5, 2013
above threres something in theses gels that make you go to sleep ive tried other sleeping tablets and they are not the same
on February 16, 2013
Pretty decent product that helps me out on nights I may have trouble falling asleep. It takes at least 30 minutes to almost an hour to maybe kick in, but once it does it seems to help towards a good sleep. I find that I may not necessarily sleep straight through the night, but it does assist me in falling asleep so that's a plus when you need a little help. I would purchase this again in the future once I run out of it.
on November 16, 2012
It is doing the job but I was expect more effect and can wake up more fresh, but comparing to the price is really work.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 18, 2015
I have had trouble sleeping for months. My brother gave me a few gel caps on Tuesday. Wednesday morning he called me and I
said " YOU WOKE ME UP " He said look at your clock, it was 10;30. That was the best nights sleep I have had in a long time.
I was not dopey or groggy, just felt really good. I used it again last night with the same results. I don't want to sleep that late every
day, so I will go get a tablet that I can cut in half.Yes I will keep using UNISOM I hope to break the sleepless cycle I have been in.
Hopefully use UNISOM on occasion. Thank You Unisom.
on August 8, 2008
Like virtually all sleeping pills on the market, this one uses the active ingredient in Benadryl - diphenhydramine. Diphenhydramine is a sedating antihistamine. The sedation from 50 mg of diphenhydramine will cause you to become drowsy and sleepy, and will likely keep you this way for about 8-12 hours. Thus, not only will you likely sleep the night through, but you will have a groggy sleep hangover the next day until about noon.

Since this is an antihistamine, you will likely experience other mild side-effects, such as imbalance, urinary retention, and mild dry mouth. The urinary retention is of particular concern in men with prostate or bladder problems. The side effects are transient and wear off as the medication is metabolized and excreted from the body.

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is not habit-forming or addictive in a physical way. It has the potential for psychological addiction. Thus, it is best used as an occasional aid for sleeplessness, not an every-night event

konedog
11 comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 30, 2017
Fell asleep after an hour of taking, but was awake in two and a half hours. Wide awake.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2007
These do work, I fall asleep after an hour and if I wake up in the middle of the night I go right back to sleep without a problem. The only downside is that I feel super drowsy the next morning, which wears off after a few hours.
on November 28, 2009
My doctor just diagnosed me with restless leg syndrome. I did't want to take any of the prescriptions that she suggested. All of them being narcotics and you become completely dependent on them. I am all set with that! She suggested taking an otc sleep aid for a month and see if it takes the edge off. I went to the nearest pharmacy and picked one out - Unisom. I take it every night just as the package described - but I have noticed they work better with an empty stomache. The first few nights of taking Unisom, I had bizarre dreams. After about the fourth night, the dreams were gone. I sleep the entire night with hardly any movement. I am finally waking up refreshed! It's been about a year since I have felt this way.
on May 29, 2009
i love unisom!
they are non-habit forming which is definitely a plus!
for me, they take about an hour to kick in, so i usually take it an hour or so before i plan on sleeping.
the first time i tried them, i took 2 softgels [although the recommended dosage for an adult is one softgel] and when i fell asleep i couldn't even move.
so follow the instructions, and take just one; it does the job!
i don't have a problem with feeling drowsy when i wake up.
in fact i feel well rested. i get a full 8 and even 9 hours of sleep.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.