+ $4.50 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Immersive and intuitive shooter controls with dual analog sticks and front and rear touch pads
- Select from six unique military operatives and take on 45 missions, competing against friends and the world for high scores
- Play solo or cooperatively with a friend over Wi-Fi
- Conquer unique daily challenges and compete for high scores
- Stay connected with 3G, Wi-Fi and NEAR for rankings updates, mission unlocks and more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unit 13 is a Third-Person Shooter exclusively for play on PlayStation Vita. Designed from the ground up for play on the new Sony handheld gaming device, it contains true Shooter gameplay spread across more than 40 missions. Additional features include: two-player co-op multiplayer support, short but intense missions designed for portable play, 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity and always on alerts through the PS Vita's Near social networking app, touch screen controls to solve puzzles and change weapons, daily challenges, and more.
True Portable Warfare Comes to PlayStation Vita
Jump into the action with Unit 13 for PlayStation Vita and conquer 36 tactical missions and nine high value target battles as you help take down global terror networks and earn your place among the military elite. With the precision of the PlayStation Vita system's dual analog sticks and unique touch interface, Unit 13 is the perfect on-the-go action shooter. Wi-Fi connectivity adds fast two-player co-op action, and 3G compatibility keeps you connected for instant social updates and new daily mission challenges.
Key Game Features
- A True Portable Shooter - Experience true Shooter gameplay with PlayStation Vita system's dual analog control sticks
- Take on 45 Diverse Missions - Delve into over 40 diverse missions utilizing varied skills
- Multiplayer Gameplay - Unit 13 allows you to take the fight to enemies either alone or with a friend in two-player cooperative play
- Always on Alert - Stay in communication with the game and friends through 3G, and Wi-Fi connectivity, as well as the "Near" social networking app for rankings, updates, new daily mission challenges and more
- 3G Functionality:
- Designed from the Ground up for the PlayStation Vita - From Zipper Interactive, Unit 13 is a modern-day, third person military shooter for players on-the-go
- Core Play Is Fully Compatible with 3G - Players can fully interact with friends, local players (via Near) and the wider Unit 13 community anywhere through 3G
- Full Social Competitive Experience - Players can receive alerts, play missions and update their ranking all via 3G
- 3G-Enabled Notification Center - Unit 13's notification center keeps the player informed - a central location where the player receives HVT alerts, unlock notifications, ranking changes and challenges - all updated in real time with 3G
- 3G-Enabled Mission Grid - Make use of the touch screen to solve puzzles and switch between weapons
- Daily Challenges - Every day the player receives a daily challenge to complete and compare his performance against his friends, local players (via Near), regional and international players – challenge, posting of scores and ranking all updated in real-time via 3G
- Hunt for High-Value Targets - Receive rare "high value" target notification via friends and PS Vita Near functionality, and act quickly to complete the mission
- Play At Your Own Pace - Unit 13's shorter intense missions are designed for portable play
- Multiplayer on the Player's Terms - Unit 13's 3G-enabled features allow the player to interact with and compete against friends at a time that is right for them
Fight alone or in 2-player co-op.
40+ missions to battle through.
3G and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Top Customer Reviews
There are 36 missions that will get unlocked in sequence when previous mission is completed. Sometimes other missions will get unlocked as well. The maps get re-used for different missions. Personal score is compared to those in the area, region, and global. For each mission I was encouraged to replay, get better, and move on to next level within the mission. It suggests best personnel for each mission, but I'm free to choose the character I want. The length of each mission is short enough where I can, at any time, take out Vita to play a bit. It's a nice alternative to the simple games found on smartphones (iPhone, Android). So to me it has high replay value on a day-to-day basis.
The online co-op allows me to either join in or create a public/private co-op, but I haven't had a chance to try. Same with high value targets. Will update this review when I spend sufficient time with them.
But I really like the daily challenge. It's truly challenging! So challenging that I find I spend more time playing the daily challenge then playing the missions! As long as I don't leave the challenge, I can keep trying. This adds more frequent play time on the daily basis! I think it's an awesome addition and will keep me interested in playing Unit 13 on daily basis.
The gameplay in Unit 13 is your standard 3rd-person shooter affair. Your character is in the center of the screen, you can over the shoulder aim, aim down your sights, melee, switch your weapons, and there is a cover system. The Vita's duel analog sticks feel great in Unit 13. I had no problem aiming at enemies. The cover system could some work though. It doesn't feel smooth, kinda clunky. (I also don't like how you can't slide to another piece of cover without standing up and moving over to it, leaving you vulnerable to attacks.). Zipper did a great job though. They brought a feel of a console military shooter to the palm of your hand pretty well.
The touch screen does get used during gameplay and navigating the menus too. You can reload and use items with a press of the onscreen buttons. They don't hinder with the gameplay at all, the touch functions feel very natural.
The game looks good graphically. It isn't no Uncharted but it's still a very good looking game by portable standards. It looks nice but the environments can get repetitive by the way they look. There is no variety in the level design; you're either in a dusty, sandy, town, a warehouse, or a base.
There are 6 different operatives that you can choose to play as. They each have their own perks. The one operative is good at sniping and while a other operative is good at close range combat for example.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I see a lot of others have already wrote a "Review" here, so i'll just say it's one of my Favorite PS Vita Games.Published 11 days ago by Kenza
Excellent game, and the graphics on the handheld system are great for a handheld.Published 1 month ago by Brandon Edington
Great game if you used to enjoy older titles like SOCOM US navy sealsPublished 3 months ago by biolashorty