Reviewed by Nancy Berkoff, RD, EdD, Parents' Choice® 2000 -- From Parents' Choice®
From the Back Cover
1. In what state were both the lollipop and the hamburger-on-a-bun invented?
2. Where do the largest watermelons grow and what?s the distance record for spitting watermelon seeds? How big is the world?s largest potato chip and where is it now?
3. There?s more to cuisine in America than just burgers and fries. Here?s a mouthwatering journey across the United States where you?ll discove and learn how to make fabulous foods from every part of the country.
Treat yourself to such simple, kid-tested recipes as:
- Banana Berry Pancakes with Real Maple Syrup from Vermont
- Key Lime Pie from Florida
- Deep Dish Pizza from Illinois
The United States Cookbook is a delicious mixture of fun food trivia, fascinating tidbits about each state?s history and traditions, and yummy recipes you can cook yourself. What a great way to stuff your face and feed your brain at the same time!
ANSWERS: 1. Connecticut. 2. Hope, Arkansas. The record is 30 feet. 3. 25 feet long and 14 feet wide. 3. It?s in the Potato Museum, Blackfoot, Idaho