Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MAYFLASH Universal Adapter For Xbox360/Ps3/Ps2/Ps Vita Tv/Pc Usb
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 12, 2012
I bought this for 2 purposes: so I could use my PS2 pad on PS3 as well as use my XBOX 360 Madcatz TE stick on PS3.

The good news is that the PS2 pad works really well. I haven't noticed a single problem yet.

The bad news is that my TE works but has problems. It seemed to be working fine at first with no detectable input lag. Then after about 5 minutes in training mode I noticed that sometimes my directional inputs (using the stick) didn't register at all. It happens infrequently but seems to occur at least once every 15 minutes. What's even worse is that sometimes when pressing right on the stick my character will get 'stuck' running to the right even after I take my hand off the stick and I have to press the opposite direction to get him to stop. Obviously, this is a problem if you intend to play in tournaments as a single missed block can cost you your life in fighting games.

The stick's USB connector doesn't fit snugly into the adapter either, so it kind of hangs loose which makes the slightest movement disconnect the cord.

For reference, I'm using an OEM original PS2 pad and the stick is a Madcatz Tournament Edition S, SSF4 edition. From what I've read on various forums this adapter prefers 'Brand Name' controllers, meaning products by Sony or Microsoft as opposed to Madcatz or Hori. I plan to test it with a few other sticks and I'll report my findings here in the future.

**UPDATE: I tried the adapter with a generic Gamestop brand Xbox 360 Controller (actually made by Madcatz). It worked well aside from the analog seeming a bit over-sensitive. No dropped inputs or detectable lag.
55 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2014
This is my scenario, I have a PS3 w/ one controller. and Xbox 360 with 3 controllers (2 Wireless and 1 wired).

I purchased this product so that I could connect my PS3 controller to my 360 console, so that I could use 4 the controllers, in order to do that, you first must connect an original 360 wired control to the adapter, let the adapter reads its signal, and then connect the PS3 controller to the adapter.

That works great, but, what is not listed anywhere in the product description, is that once you used a wired 360 controller for the adapter to read its signal, that controller will no longer be usable, the 360 console will not recognize it unless you unplug the adapter.

Therefore, I was just where I started, an Xbox 360, 4 controllers but only 3 can be used to play, (My 2 wireless 360 controllers, and I have to choose between using the PS3 or the 360 wired control).

Hope this helps in case anyone was considering doing something similar.
on January 6, 2013
I was hoping I could use a PS3 Hori fighting stick on an Xbox 360. That didn't work. Using a PS3 controller on an Xbox or vice versa seems to work just fine.
on December 12, 2014
Used this to connect a Logitech G27 steering wheel to an Xbox 360. Only caveat was that I needed to boot up the 360 with a wired controller plugged into this unit first. Once you see the solid red light, you can unplug the wired controller and plug in the G27. From there everything works as expected.
on June 30, 2014
I have found that Street Fighter styled games are best played with a Playstation controller, but I predominantly use my XBox 360 for gaming. This product ended up addressing that issue. The device can allow the use of most wired PS1/PS2/PS3/Xbox360 controllers on the PS3, PC, and XBox 360. I have used both PS2 and PS3 controllers on the XBox 360 with it.

The catch is that you have to have a wired Xbox 360 controller to initialize the device. When you plug it into the system, it is waiting for a controller address to assign itself to. Once you plug the wired XBox 360 controller into the device, a light indicates which controller number it has been assigned to. At that point, you can plug in a PS1/PS2 controller into the traditional non-USB port on the side and/or you can plug a PS3 controller into the USB port using a Mini USB cable. The device only supports one controller position at a time, but you can plug two controllers into it. I have tested running a PS3 and PS2 controller in parallel with no issues. Commands are received from both controllers without lag.

I found that using the PS2 controller was friendlier since I didn't have to worry about the USB cable popping out of the top of the PS3 controller during matches. I would appreciate it if I could make the wireless attribute of the PS3 controller work with the adapter, but I have not been able to find a device that can sync with such controllers and operate correctly with such an adapter without installing drivers. Since the adapter lacks an operating system, this might be impossible to do with products currently on the market.

One loophole that comes to mind about this device is that it could potentially be used to grant an unfair advantage to some people playing specific games since they could hook up Macro controllers in parallel with a primary controller to be able to easily use abilities that would be difficult to master while not having to deal with the cumbersome qualities of modified controllers. I don't condone this use nor the use of devices that allow keyboard and mouse controls on XBox first-person-shooter games for this same reason, but I figured that I should mention this property from a marketing standpoint. Do with the knowledge as you will since they are just games in the end.
on August 19, 2015
Bought this cool Mayflash Universal Adapter for the Sony PS TV micro-console setup and it works like a charm. I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (Special Addition - with all Sanwa parts from the get-go) variant joystick for the PS3 gaming console and by using this particular adapter, it works just fine with all Vita games that support digital D-pad mode on either a Dual Shock 3 or Dual Shock 4 controller setup. So by playing with the Hori RAP-3 SA with Jeff Minter's uber-cool TxK, it's a lot of fun to play with a Japanese Sanwa Denshi ball-top arcade stick setup.

Even built-in D-pad support with the PS Vita port of Soldner X on the PS TV micro-console works equally well with the Hori RAP-3 SA joystick and the Sanwa push buttons can be further customized to your liking from within the Soldner X options "controls" menu sub-screen setup for that unmistakable hard-core arcade shmup feel/vibe.

This particular adapter works without a hitch on the Japanese region locked Sony produced Vita TV micro-console setup as well. How cool is that?
on April 4, 2015
It works!! My only regret is not knowing about such a device sooner... I love Xbox and everything about it. However - If I had to have a preference for fighting games, I might migrate to PS... only because of the controller. I am not 100% sure why, but for fighting games, the PS controller is ever so slightly more intuitive, more responsive and has a slightly more "natural" feeling for some reason. Now, I can use the PS controller on the Xbox! What a concept! Even better - I have some old-school "arcade joysticks" from the PS2 days... and they work!! I can play Super Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with a PS2 Joystick! Crazy Awesome!
on November 24, 2014
Needed the adapter to use my G27 on my Xbone with a CRONUS MAX adapter. It's not a direct convert, and it'll requires some research. You can learn more by looking up the adapter, as this review will pertain to the adapter.

The adapter I can use to emulate a decent amount of my 3rd party controllers into an Xbox 360 controller. I haven't tested the other system but I've gotten it to read and register in software on PC. Would buy another one if I needed it.
on June 10, 2015
Does exactly what it says it will do. Arrived on time and in great condition. However; the instructions are printed extremely small. The manufacturer could stand to print these a bit larger as to be more legible.
on July 9, 2014
I used this to plug a no-name metal DDR pad with a Playstation 2 connector into a 64-bit Windows 7 PC. It worked perfectly and was detected in Stepmania without a problem.

In my experience there was a delay of around 10-15ms, but Stepmania's delay compensator got rid of it. Since playing one game with one pad is literally the only thing I need this device for, it's not a problem.