Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mayflash PS2 PS3 PC USB Universal Arcade Fighting Stick
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 26, 2009
Okay Let me just state out that THERE ARE BETTER arcade sticks on the market right now. But if you Consider the Prices,
this fighting stick is a STEAL. The fact that this fighting stick is universal makes its worth go up by a lot. I own
a PS2, a PS3 and have a PC so.. it's real nice to have one arcade stick that works for all my platforms. So Let me
state the Pros and Cons and you can decide if this fighting stick is the one for you. ^_^

The GOOD
-Universal fighting stick works for PS2, PS3, Computer and PS1 games on the PS3
-The buttons are responsive enough to be called responsive
-The Joystick works well and can handle all the crazy movement that you pull off
-The Size should be big enough for most gamers
-According to most people this Fighting stick is Great to mod (I have not done so
yet thought, I might as well wait until something breaks out of my stick before
I got to blow some more cash on it
-ALL BLACK

and.. Here comes

The Bad
-Oddly enough one of my buttons(# 8) has gotten hard and has been troublesome to press,
it's a good thing i never use the button anyway but.. still that's a bad sign right there
-When you play for a while and your hands get sweaty your hand prints are left all over the
buttons and case
-MANY PS2 FIGHTING GAMES DON'T WORK WHILE ON THE PS2 (maybe because I use the PS2 slim but
titles such as Tekken 5, King of fighters 2006 and Soul calibur 3 don't function with the
Arcade stick's JOYSTICK.. in other words you can't move only the buttons work.
-For PS3, there isn't a PS button but.. that should be no big deal
-ALL BLACK

OVERALL
If you're like me and play fighting games on the three platforms then This stick is for you.
Especially if you're a casual fighter, The all black color scheme is kinda cool but at the end
of the day I would of liked color to differentiate buttons easier but HEY that's what modding
is for. I would of gave this stick a 5/5 but because Some of my fighting games on my PS2 don't work
with this stick and one my buttons cracked out. I gotta give it a FOUR OUT OF FIVE

I hope this was helpful to you ahah
55 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2010
It took me about an hour to get used to its quirks, but this fight stick has really grown on me. In some ways, it outperforms my $300 Hori, but in other ways, it's clear to see that I'm getting what I paid for.

PROS:
-nice, responsive square gate.
-the joystick feels sturdy and well crafted.
-the buttons have just the right amount of give and resistance.
-the turbo and memory options are a nice (but mostly useless) touch. I'm looking forward to using this for a glorious SHMUP I have packed away somewhere.
-plugs right into my ps3, ready to go.
-can be used on just about any current console, given that you have the right adapter (SERIOUSLY, ALL fight sticks should have this option!!!).
-nice set of rubber feet to keep the stick from sliding around.
-very well constructed case that's just begging to be modded.

CONS:
-this stick is relatively small; the button layout for my right hand is fine, but movements with my left hand inevitably cause the side of my hand to chafe along the uncomfortably sharp edge of the case. A bevel would have been nice... a bevel and about 4 more inches of material added to the left.
-this stick is light and is poorly suited for holding in your lap.
-I didn't have much luck with that driver disk.
-I don't understand why the manufacturer couldn't just include the console adapters in the box. It's not a big name manufacturer so the likelihood of being able to find a GC or XB adapter in 5 years is slim.
-now this might just be me, but I noticed input lag or a complete failure to register input when I first got it. This could be owed to a bad connection as I haven't been able to reproduce this, but it's something to bear in mind.
-this stick is absolutely not going to win any beauty contests.
-This *CLICK, CLICK* fightstick *CLICK, CLICK--CLICK, CLICK, CLICK* is really *CLICK-CLICK, CLICK, CLICK* loud. If you're married, you better have a soundproof man-cave. Try to imagine a beach full of demon crabs mating in the dead of winter. That's what this arcade stick sounds like.

All in all, this is definitely the stick you let your honored guest use when he wants to spar in SF4. If he's your enemy, you let him use your un-modded standard 360 dual analog gamepad.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2015
The entire reason why I bought this was to gut it and mod it. To that degree it worked great. I had to remove a little glue from the pcb, but otherwise it was a painless modding experience.

Now as for the joystick itself. It's not bad for around $40. I played around with it a little before I took it apart, and it performed decently with some of the games I tried it with. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't expect it to be. But I wasn't missing tons of inputs or anything.

One issue with the stock joystick is that the buttons activate directly onto a circuit board. Which seems like a pretty big design flaw. Eventually the board will break being used under that kind of stress. So as a stock joystick this thing is probably not built to last. Bur this is likely a symptom of the price point.

Taken for what it is, this joystick is almost tailor made for modding. So that's what I've based my review on. If you just want a cheap joystick for all of your fighters and whatnot, then you might want to take a star off of the review score at your discretion. It's a cheap enough stick, but one that's liable to break on you after enough use.
review image
on October 31, 2008
Great arcade stick, works great with Mame. I'm running Vista and I plugged it in and I'm up and running right away. You need to install the software that comes with it to get turbo and macro functions, but I'm not really interested in that so I haven't used it.

The overall constructions seems very durable. It has a metal bottom and high grade plastic on the top and sides. I wish the stick didn't click and I actually prefer a slightly slender stick, but after playing for awhile, I forgot about my issues with it. The buttons are big, solid and reliable.

You can't beat this stick for the price.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2009
Rating: 3.5/5

I purchased this product because for the last few weeks I have been hooked on Street Fighter IV. It's been years since I have been hooked on a fighting game. Everyone had their Street Fighter IV MadCatz Fight Sticks and I found them ridiculously over priced (especially the Tournament Edition), so I got this instead.

Now, I'm no expert by any means, but I've been to countless arcades, know the brands, and know how they work (i.e. wiring). This product is just "meh".

Here are the pros and cons so you don't get a headache reading a long review:

PROS:

- Excellent response time from the stick and buttons. There is no delay whatsoever and the response is flawless.

- Very nice weight and size. It fits perfectly on your lap and if you want to take it somewhere you can just put it in a bag and you're off.

- Pretty durable cable and the cable is a good length. The stick works with the PS3, PS2, and the PC.

Cons:

- The joystick I received was wobbly. I don't know if it's true for everyone, but the one I got was just okay. If you put your finger on the top of it you can move the stick with very little force. It feels like it has been used before. I had purchased it new, so I don't know what's up with that!

- The buttons seem to respond best when you press them directly in the middle, and it can get annoying if you're not pressing it RIGHT in the MIDDLE. This is not true for all the buttons, just a couple. You also have to tap them a little hard, but it's not that bad.

Overall the stick is just good for practice, which is what I got it for. I love Street Fighter IV and this stick is improving my fight stick game. It gets you the practice without a doubt, and that's what most people want, especially for a price like this. For the price it isn't that bad. I barely recommend it due to the buttons and joystick I got.

Eventually, however, you'll want to mod it. I think most people agree with this statement from the reviews I've been reading. This product is VERY good for modding. Just buy a Sanwa joystick and Sanwa buttons and then you'll definitely have a fight stick that will last for a long time. This stick will only last maybe a year or less unless you mod it. I'm looking forward to modding this, and I've only had it for one day.

Overall, get this if you're short on money and if you want some practice with fight sticks. I'm a beginner in terms of actually using a fight stick in a game at home and my game is improving, but like I said I'm dying to mod this because the product itself can only get you so far. There are products out there better than this one, but this is alright for the price.
on July 13, 2009
Ordered through Sewell, fast shipping and cheap. I noticed the arcade stick doesn't work on one of the Guilty Gear series (ps2), Tekken 5, and Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha 2. It's compatible on the PSONE for those who are still interested in. PS3, no problem checked with BlazBlue and SF4. Works flawlessly on all of my emulators (ZSNES, NESTEN, NESTOPIA, DGEN, ETC...) Makes the games more enjoyable, nothing like blasting aliens and jumping on SMB3 on an arcade stick. I won't spend anymore than $50 on one.
on August 1, 2013
I don't have to say much more but I do have to type at least 20 words.

This stick isn't a high quality build. It's not meant to take into a tournament. If you're a casual player and enjoyed playing fighters in the arcade and are getting back into it with the consoles this does support, you can go unmodded.

But not for long. The ability to throw in a Sanwa Stick with an 8 or 4 way gate is just too tempting. The Sanwa Stick costs just about as much as this entire Fighting Stick. The same for a set of 8 buttons. That brings you to potentially still less than a c-note for a custom stick that's supported by several consoles (including Windows PCs).

The price of this stick begs you to crack it open and modify it with a screwdriver, dremel or epoxy. Maybe all three. Break it, buy another one, rebuild it however you like. Add graphics and a layer of acrylic. At this price you should most definitely have fun with it.

The stock stick has a really squirrely stick. The gates are unresponsive and don't give you a satisfying click as you move to a corner. This leaves you with feedback that's just wrong. The buttons are rather soft but don't give you the same feedback as micro-switch buttons do. This is a personal preference thing but the joystick itself is a matter of function.

You need precision and a swift, forceful return to center. You need to feel the gates as you engage every quarter-circle or even just a simple down-forward or down-back. One can live with the stock buttons, but it's hard to even break the stick out without a more responsive joystick.

Update 09/04/14

Finally got around to modding it with a Sanwa JLF Stick and OBSF-30 buttons. Also threw in an 8 way gate. Man, what a difference.

Modding wasn't too difficult. 6 screws and the removal of the rubber feet separate you from the innards of the case. Basically everything went except for the Mayflash mainboard. The removal of old components is easy enough. On this model, the buttons will need a daisy chain common ground. The majority of sticks you can buy are common ground and need to be converted to separate grounds.

The hardest part of the mod was soldering the button connections onto the mainboard. The clearances are really tight, so go light on the solder and try to keep the connections as clean as possible.

The weight of the stick with the new components is just right. The response from the buttons, from the click to the force needed, is perfect. The action of the stick and the 8 way gate, the meaty click of the microswitches, all completely awesome.
on December 2, 2010
Works fine on PC, PS2, PS3, Gamecube, Wii, and Xbox 360. The Gamecube, Wii, and Xbox 360 require adapters.

Gamecube - Wii/GameCube Converter PS/PS2 to Wii/GameCube w/ Dance Pad Support
Note: Works on the Wii Gamecube ports (GC games on Wii and any Wii game that supports the GC controller).

This will limit you on games that do not support the GC controller. Also, be aware that buttons 5, 8, and 9 on the joystick register as the same input on the GC controller for the Wii. This will limit you on button placement if you are picky about which specific button you want a specific action performed on. I cannot speak for other adapters. I also do not know if it has this limitation on an actual Gamecube (I assume so).

Wii - PS2 Controller Adapter for Wii Remote
Note: Just think of it as substituting a PS2 controller in place of the Wii classic controller.

Xbox 360 - [...]
Note: Ps2 controller adapter to Xbox 360 (remember the joystick has PS2 AND PS3 extensions

I have yet to find a quality adapter converting PS3 USB to Xbox 360 USB

Comments:

The device could be a little wider for armresting, but oh well. The black is nice because you can mod whatever cover or art designs you want all over this thing. You will have to get your own adapters, but most are pretty cheap. This is a pretty good deal for those starting out in fighting games and want to invest their time in new/old games. It's a bit loud when using so keep that in mind if you live with other people in close proximity.

The reason people are saying some PS2 fighting games don't work with the joystick portion is because the joystick defaults as the analog and not the directional pad. Its not the joystick, its the game (one example: Tekken 5) that does not support the analog directional input (even with a regular PS2 controller, Tekken 5 will not allow you to use the analog stick). For some games (one example: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+) the game allows you to designate whether to toggle analog input on/off. It would have to be toggled to "on" to be able to use the directional stick. Again, this is not necessarily the "stick's" fault, just that particular games don't support the ps2 controller analog feature. It would have been nice to have a toggle feature on the stick. All the buttons work though for these games.
on August 22, 2014
The Mayflash PC042 Fight Stick, as sent by TOTAL CONSOLE, came in a damaged box without driver CD or user manual.

The "plug-n-play" feature could not correctly configure the drivers, so I had to try to find appropriate drivers on my own. (Note: I am using a brand-new PC with a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - no garbage should be blocking the installation of drivers.)

The model number was not displayed anywhere on the box or the controller, so I had to rummage around the internet to try to figure out what this was, so I could look up the drivers.

When I finally found the site for the drivers, the installation program said "The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed %P." Even the installer didn't know what the hell to call this piece of crap.

After many attempts to contact Mayflash for help with their drivers, I am finally just returning it for a full refund.

(Oh yeah, and the controller itself, without even getting to use it, felt cheap and 3rd-rate.)

DO NOT BUY FROM TOTAL CONSOLE - THEY LIE WHEN THEY SAY THEIR ITEM IS "LIKE NEW".
review image review image
on September 24, 2014
It will screw up your computer's ability to differentiate between it and any other joysticks or controllers you use.

Just plug and play it without the disk's autofire feature and it becomes one of the BEST arcade sticks I've ever seen. You could fight off a bear, Use it as a bulletproof shield, drop a bomb on it and it would still play a mean game of Street Fighter.

The stick is responsive, The buttons are standard and perfectly spaced. It's an amazing value for the money, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT USE THE INSTALL DISK. I still can not uninstall the plugins it has used to damage my computer. It's kind of like a virus. It turns every single controller's config screen into "2In1Joystick", so if you try to configure a game, it might read your PS3's D-pad as a stick, or not at all. Otherwise, the stick would have been 5/5 but because of all the problems it's caused me, I'm reluctant to point people tward it because of how it effected my computer.