|Item model number||UPB10|
|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.6 x 2.5 x 3.9 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||0.55 x 2.52 x 3.9 inches|
Apc Universal Battery, 10WH (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Mobile Power Pack is an innovative, rechargeable external battery pack, perfect for powering a cell phone, PDA, MP3 player or other small device.
- It's lightweight and small enough to fit in your pocket, as well as simple to use - just plug in the USB charging cable for your device (sold separately) and get up to 55 hours of runtime for your iPod Nano, and up to ten hours of talk time for most cell phones (depending on the operating mode of your device).
- The LED status bar lets you know how much charge you have left with the press of a button, and its state-of-the-art lithium-polymer battery technology delivers the most power and fastest recharge times, all in a pocket sized package.
- Now you have a stylish way to make sure your mobile devices never run out of power again.
- Includes: User Manual
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Before I got it, I was expecting something larger and heavier that didn't hold it's charge as well as this does. I should have known better. All of the APC products that I use at home and at work are great and this is no exception to that rule. It easily fits into a pants pocket or a small bag that you might use to carry your other devices.
What has impressed me the most is how well it can hold it's charge when it's not in use. Other portable batteries I have tried usually get pretty drained rather quickly when sitting on a shelf or being carried around. I've gone weeks without using this and it still had a full charge when I needed it. That was a life saver. We were lost in another state and the battery in my GPS was almost dead. The UPB10 got us home with power to spare.
I haven't been able to test how much time it can add to my various devices, because it lasts longer than I have needed it so far. On a weekend it looks like I got an additional four hours on the PSP. I could have gone longer, but I ran out of time to use it. That was while using it when watching a movie on the memory stick and playing a game from a UMD disc. I was also using my GRADO headphones at a good volume level.
I have noticed that some people have commented that the PSP can't be charged from a USB cable. This is only true if you don't have the right kind of cable. There are several manufacturers that make a USB cable with an extra wire that plugs into the power port on a PSP.Read more ›
APC UPB10 Mobile Power Pack for charging mobile devices
Other reviews have mentioned the need to press the button every 15 minutes to keep the power going, and that did cause me to hesitate a bit before ordering this product. However, I've found this to be the case only when the device I'm powering is already fully charged and no longer drawing much external power. In other words, it will fully charge a phone from empty unattended even if it takes 3 hours, but it will not continually power a fully-charged iPod because the power draw is too low, even when playing music or videos. Yes, maybe they could have had a switch, or maybe the threshold could be lower, but I felt it to be a non-issue once I understood what it was doing. I just use it as a charger and not a continuous power source.
This is a fantastic product, I highly recommend it.
Here's how the APC UPB10 stacked up:
- Very nice look and feel, looks very executive
- Solid overall construction and nice metal buttons
- Fashionable, 2.5 inch graduated charging LED
- Charges from a USB source itself, including a laptop, so no extra charger to be carried
- Has both mini USB and full size USB connector
- Surprisingly lightweight given the charge capacity (10W I believe)
- Can fast charge an iPhone as good as a wall connection
- Charges only when main metal "on" button is pushed, not just by jacking in the plug, a very minor complaint
- Only charges 20 minutes at a time, then needs another goose of the button, though this makes sure you don't waste power but requires occasional attention
- Very slow recharging, can take hours, though this probably will make the battery live a lot longer
Bottom line, I would buy this product again in a heartbeat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I take this with me every time I travel, just in case I need to recharge my phone. I'm amazed that after all this time (7 years?) it still holds a charge. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Scott P
I own 2 of these and both have lasted for several years. I love the piano black. They are very light and slim in comparison to most newer models by other mfgs. Read morePublished on January 23, 2014 by Amazon Customer
First 10WH = 10000mAh. People like Anker are using different terms. Anyway I got this in 2008 and its still my go to for all my devices. Read morePublished on January 2, 2014 by Rob
I considered giving 1 star but I got at least 3 years out of it. Maybe to some folks that still warrants 1 star. Read morePublished on July 19, 2013 by Kempington
I have four of these units. I have never had any problems with them and have been using them for almost 8 years. Read morePublished on June 21, 2013 by ElderDrewHaughton
If you travel and need backup power for any of your small digital devices (non-PC) this is the best solution out there. Read morePublished on May 26, 2011 by JAD
These are not being made anymore, but the two I have had for 3 years, are still work great today. I travel a lot and they have probably been on 100 business trips with me, being... Read morePublished on February 7, 2011 by M. Ketteman