Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 22, 2017
I returned the TomTom Universal Dashboard Mount. The problem is not the TomTom Dashboard Mount itself. In fact the TomTom Dashboard mount has a broad base (less likely to slide) and is quite heavy (more stability), and would have worked. The problem was my cell phone cradle and suction stand apparatus does not securely attach to the TomTom Dashboard Mount. The suction mechanism is stable as long I do not add the weight of my iPhone Plus to its cradle, which is why I bought the TomTom dashboard mount and cell phone stand in the first place. I think the problem is the suction mechanism is not reliable. If you have a reliable suction mechanism then I would recommend the TomTom dashboard mount.
on July 5, 2014
We have a 6" screen TomTom VIA GPS and wanted to use it in our 2014 Ford Focus, but the slope of the windshield combined with the shape of the dash limited to where we could put it. We looked at other bean bag style GPS mounts and this one looked to be more attractive and better shaped than the others. The mount arrived in 2 days (thanks, Prime) and we promptly placed it on the center of the dash above the myFord screen that is built into the dash.

We attached the TomTom GPS to the new mount and went out for a test drive. We drove somewhat aggressively in order to determine if the mount would shift when cornering, etc. It stayed in place the whole time! We already had a RAM mount with the X-Grip for use on our motorcycles, so we bought the RAM suction cup to use this mount with the X-Grip and our Android smartphone in the car. It works great!

For those wondering why we still have a vehicle GPS in this day and age, we travel to a lot of scenic places that simply do not have cell service. No cell service means no Google maps on the smartphone.
on March 19, 2016
I bought this in June of 2015 here on Amazon and paid $15.95. Unfortunately it did not work on my dash and I had to return it. It didn't work for me because of the contours of my dash and lack of a surface that could accommodate the length of this mount. It is probably a good option for some, I just recommend you measure before ordering so you won't make the same mistake I made. I ended up getting the bean back style mount and that works okay in my SUV.
on May 13, 2012
I found that this product was poorly designed. It does not do what it was advertized to do. Even with their own brand of GPS it doesn't hold the GPS well. The GPS power cord on the Tom Tom togther with a very short support arm prevents the GPS from being properly fixed to the unit. In addition the space on my new Toyota Sienna is too narrow for the unit to sit comfortably. A waste of money. The packaging was such that it had to be destroyed to get the device out so I can't even return it. But you can learn from my experience. This unit is a waste of money particularly if you want to use it with a Tom Tom GPS unit.
on April 13, 2014
I got this as a replacement for an older TomTom horseshoe shaped mount, as it had gotten pretty beaten up and scratched in this rural Iowa environment.

I am very pleased with this newer mount as it has a less squarish footprint (not taking up as much dash room), yet holds as well if not better than the original mount. It is a bit flexible, so it tends to mold to the irregular surface of our 2007 Ford Taurus dash, which is not perfectly flat. The seal to the plate for the suction cup is good enough that it has stayed in place since March of this year.

Warning: no non-secured mount like this is perfectly safe. In an accident, it is going to become a projectile. It holds in normal driving, even over rough, washboard gravel roads, but it WILL NOT stay in place in even a minor accident. Using this mount is making a trade of convenience for some measure of safety.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2016
Utterly useless. Way to firm to conform to shape of dashboard and not 'sticky' or 'grippy' in the least. Just a giant blob that slides around on the dash. Probably dangerous. Might work if you have a large flat area on the dash but if there is any curvature at all forget it.
on September 2, 2015
We love this. Bought a second one. Sits nicely on the dash. Really hate window mounting a gps in all of our cars. Very awkward to reach the gps with the windshield design. Easier to adjust too. Up-down is about the same depending on your gps' included mount, but the good part about this is that you can simply slide this whole pad side to side to avoid glare and not worry about knocking the suction cup off your windshield trying to twist it around while you are driving.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 6, 2013
The material and construction quality of this mount appears to be very solid, but I have one significant issue with the design. You can see from the picture that the smooth disc (where you attach the TomTom suction cup mount) is inset fairly deeply inside the base. This results in the bottom frame of the TomTom hitting the rim around the smooth disk, which in turn prevents you from being able to angle TomTom screen downward (this is true at least for my XXL, not sure if same problem will occur with other models). This is a problem if you need to angle the screen downward to avoid sunlight, screen reflections, etc. This problem is made worse if you need to plug in the power cable since it inserts under the bottom frame. Not sure if this only impacts the XXL, but it's clearly a design issue that TomTom didn't think through.
on June 30, 2014
The mount simply does not stay put on a 2009 Subaru Outback dash. You would expect that the material on the bottom would be some grippy rubber product like they use to make climbing shoes, but it doesn't. I suspect the varied reviews on whether or not this unit slides off the dash has more to do with the shape of the dash than the ability of this product to stay in one place. The dash in the Subaru has a gentle downward slope from the center of the Windshield toward the front passenger area. I tried moving it to the dashboard hump directly in front of the steering wheel, as one reviewer had done, but the mount would not conform to the curve of the dash and sat there like a teeter-totter/see-saw. Bottom line, we affixed the self-adhesive disc that came with the GPS to the dash. I will try to return the unit to Amazon.
on July 8, 2015
Love this. My Tom Tom stays attached unless twisted. Can pick it up with Tom Tom attached & get a better look at the screen. Sits well on the compartment between the seats in my Honda CRV. Would not want one on the dash.